SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
Amyrakunejo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Lady Fair Gamer

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Amyrakunejo » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:32 am

Enjl wrote:NEW BLOG POST
Chargin' Chucks! About bloody time.
Amyrakunejo, Femme Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer, Gynesexual
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...

"Is there really a choice for us, or are we always, sometimes monsters?"

What my POTATO PC can run with little to no issues:
SMBX 1.3, SMBX 2 Beta 3, RM2000/2003/XP/VX/VX Ace
What it struggles with:
NSMBX, SMBX 2 Beta 4, RMMV

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:37 am

Amyrakunejo wrote:
Chargin' Chucks! About bloody time.
I know right, they were one of the NPCs that I liked in Super Mario World.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:48 am

This must surely be the best thing in the history of SMBX since SMBX itself.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:14 pm

honestly i only hope that the chucks that throw football balls won't be spammed in levels.
im bored

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:14 pm

Adding Chucks to the game is so crazy... that it's just crazy. This stuff is wild.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Lila M-3210
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Lila M-3210 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:26 pm

With this Addition, it will be possible for me to make Super Mario Odyssey(Hack)'s Robo Chucks easily and insert them in a Space Level. I am excited. n.n

Amyrakunejo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Amyrakunejo » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:34 pm

RudeGuy07 wrote:honestly i only hope that the chucks that throw football balls won't be spammed in levels.
Same, except with Pitchin' Chucks (baseballs)
Amyrakunejo, Femme Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer, Gynesexual
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...

What it struggles with:

snoruntpyro
Pokey
Pokey

Postby snoruntpyro » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:44 pm

RudeGuy07 wrote:honestly i only hope that the chucks that throw football balls won't be spammed in levels.
It was an intense moral decision to go for accuracy or actual okayness in enemy design but ultimately I went for the former (but the football bounce heights are customizable).
Spoiler: show

Lila M-3210
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Lila M-3210 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Anything can be Spammable. I don't aim for the hardest levels, so my Chucks will behave themselves. Even the Robot ones.

SpoonyBardOL
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby SpoonyBardOL » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:53 pm

I mostly lurk here, but I did want to pop in and say that the work you guys are doing on SMBX 2.0 looks really impressive, and I appreciate all of you taking the time out of your day to put so much time and effort working on this. I really look forward to seeing what people make with it once it's all ready to roll.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Darn, that's sum' cool NPCs there. The snake block reminds me a lot of the one from the Hello Engine, and you no longer have to replace the snifit to make a working spike enemy! Also, I would never have guessed that flying spinies would make it in! With the NPC array expanded, who knows what crazy NPCs we'll get!

Edit: Also, will we be able to request NPCs in this topic now? I'd love to see a fully functional Monty Mole!

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:59 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:Darn, that's sum' cool NPCs there. The snake block reminds me a lot of the one from the Hello Engine, and you no longer have to replace the snifit to make a working spike enemy! Also, I would never have guessed that flying spinies would make it in! With the NPC array expanded, who knows what crazy NPCs we'll get!

Edit: Also, will we be able to request NPCs in this topic now? I'd love to see a fully functional Monty Mole!
I linked this page on the blog. You should take a look at it.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:10 pm

Enjl wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:Darn, that's sum' cool NPCs there. The snake block reminds me a lot of the one from the Hello Engine, and you no longer have to replace the snifit to make a working spike enemy! Also, I would never have guessed that flying spinies would make it in! With the NPC array expanded, who knows what crazy NPCs we'll get!

Woah, that's a whole lotta NPCs there! Can't wait to see them in action!

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Enjl wrote:

I bet attempting to request an npc to be seen on this spreadsheet is prohibited (I bet it is because the request forum got archived for ridiculous reason).
Actually, i think most the things on there were my requests.
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!

Amyrakunejo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Amyrakunejo » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:32 pm

I'm really just getting into the nuts and bolts of this thing; the only stuff I'd want to see are more enemies from series like Mega Man, LoZ, Metroid, and can we have some Final Fantasy stuff, for once? Pokemon maybe? Yeah, some RPG elements would be a nice addition.

What it struggles with:

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Amyrakunejo wrote:I'm really just getting into the nuts and bolts of this thing; the only stuff I'd want to see are more enemies from series like Mega Man, LoZ, Metroid, and can we have some Final Fantasy stuff, for once? Pokemon maybe? Yeah, some RPG elements would be a nice addition.
Before we even consider adding those we want to finish the main 4 mario games' npcs. Those are more likely to be actually used by people.
timocomsmbx2345 wrote:I bet attempting to request an npc to be seen on this spreadsheet is prohibited
The spreadsheet is not for requesting, it's for claiming. If someone marks down an npc here, they promise that they will also make that npc.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Actually, shouldn't we wait until NPC-making technologies are further developed and easier before charging forth? This work is admirable, I'm just asking.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Legend-tony980
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Legend-tony980 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Oh my god. More and more NPCs are gonna be added into the game? That means every NPCs from Super Mario All-Stars games and Super Mario World will be there, along with the capability of adding custom NPCs of our own, right? I'm really looking forward for beta 4! I've seen Engl's post and I'm so glad Chargin' Chucks are finally gonna make the cut!
PixelPest wrote:
Legend-tony980 wrote:
I love the bow and arrow ideas. Probably wouldn't be too difficult either
I'm so glad you do too bro. As a matter of fact, there is another new update for Link's sprites today:
New sprites were added within it. Some sprites that were already featured in this sheet were fixed.

I would love to see him finally being capable of performing the Spin Attack. He can also do that if he were to Spin Jump.

Link really needs a lifting ability too. He's the only one unable to do so. And he also has a better Jump sprite there too.
Here is the link to my Upgraded Super Mario Bros. 3-Styled Graphic Pack Download

Also, go check out my DeviantArt account where most of my image submissions are found.

I'm currently working on Link's sprites tho:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Amyrakunejo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Amyrakunejo » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Enjl wrote: Before we even consider adding those we want to finish the main 4 mario games' npcs. Those are more likely to be actually used by people.
I understand all that, but why add other characters from other games beforehand? I mean, there's reasons, I'm sure. I'd like to know these reasons.

What it struggles with:

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby The0x539 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:34 pm

Legend-tony980 wrote: I'm so glad you do too bro. As a matter of fact, there is another new update for Link's sprites today:
New sprites were added within it. Some sprites that were already featured in this sheet were fixed.

I would love to see him finally being capable of performing the Spin Attack. He can also do that if he were to Spin Jump.

Link really needs a lifting ability too. He's the only one unable to do so. And he also has a better Jump sprite there too.
i have no idea whether we can or should do this but i personally want it to happen
Last edited by The0x539 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Archives”