SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
Quantumenace
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: SMBX 2.0 Beta 3

Postby Quantumenace » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:19 am

The good news is that I think I found a way to stop it from freezing.

Code: Select all

local c = Audio.SfxPlayCh(-1,sndchunk,0)

if c ~= -1 then
			Audio.SfxStop(c)
			Audio.SfxPlayObj(sndchunk, 0)
		end
No matter how much I spam that, it won't freeze. It's like SfxPlayObj doesn't correctly check the sound channels, but Audio.SfxPlayCh does. This prevents SfxPlayObj from trying to play sounds when all the channels are in use already.

timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:35 pm

And no one responded with what i said earlier with the npcs quote.
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Spoiler: show
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:04 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:And no one responded with what i said earlier with the npcs quote.
Why not just be patient and find out when it's released like everyone else? There's also been lots of content posted previously in this thread

Chaotic Gaming
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby Chaotic Gaming » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:52 pm

Ok just got an error that seems so... common. I mean it involves the keyhole, an exit.
My Youtube Channel:
Chaotic Gaming[/center]
Knux wrote: "i honestly thought it boys"

a honetly thought this bottle of glayva was 20% but it was actually 35% i drank the whole lot help
Kley wrote: Knux, it's best to stay off the forums when you're drunk.

Quantumenace
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Quantumenace » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:52 pm

I think they said they fixed Yoshi with the key for the next version. The level still exits after a few seconds and Lua starts working again, so just close it and don't worry too much about it.

I'd still like any confirmation that the sound freezing bug is on their radar, though.

TailsFan99

Postby TailsFan99 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:50 am

Is there a way that I can use the updated version of PGE with this?

rednaxela
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby rednaxela » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:39 am

Quantumenace wrote:The good news is that I think I found a way to stop it from freezing.

Code: Select all

local c = Audio.SfxPlayCh(-1,sndchunk,0)

if c ~= -1 then
			Audio.SfxStop(c)
			Audio.SfxPlayObj(sndchunk, 0)
		end
No matter how much I spam that, it won't freeze. It's like SfxPlayObj doesn't correctly check the sound channels, but Audio.SfxPlayCh does. This prevents SfxPlayObj from trying to play sounds when all the channels are in use already.
That assessment is not correct. SfxPlayObj uses the same code that SfxPlayCh with a -1 uses to check sound channels.

I've reproduced the issue here, and it is a mutex deadlock in the SfxPlayObj code, nothing to do with channels. I suspect it's likely only by luck of altering the timing in certain ways that your thing with SfxStop appeared to avoid the issue for you.

I now have the issue fixed in the development build of LunaLua. Thanks for noticing the issue.
Long signatures are ungood.

Quantumenace
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Quantumenace » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Thanks! I noticed that even if I didn't cancel the "test" sound it almost always prevented the freeze for some reason.

Chaotic Gaming
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby Chaotic Gaming » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Quantumenace wrote:I think they said they fixed Yoshi with the key for the next version. The level still exits after a few seconds and Lua starts working again, so just close it and don't worry too much about it.

I'd still like any confirmation that the sound freezing bug is on their radar, though.
This makes doing the Mario Challange difficult, if you use a keyhole exit on that mode it takes you to a blank world map after the glitch occurs.
Also an idea for the next version, a way through lua to indicate to Mario Challange to skip inclusion of a level? I get levels that were originally shops or non levels in episodes which either gives the player a near automatic win or a reroll.
My Youtube Channel:
Chaotic Gaming[/center]

a honetly thought this bottle of glayva was 20% but it was actually 35% i drank the whole lot help

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:38 pm

CC_Comedic_Comentator wrote:
Quantumenace wrote:I think they said they fixed Yoshi with the key for the next version. The level still exits after a few seconds and Lua starts working again, so just close it and don't worry too much about it.

This makes doing the Mario Challange difficult, if you use a keyhole exit on that mode it takes you to a blank world map after the glitch occurs.
Also an idea for the next version, a way through lua to indicate to Mario Challange to skip inclusion of a level? I get levels that were originally shops or non levels in episodes which either gives the player a near automatic win or a reroll.
Try writing "excludeFromMarioChallenge" into the .lvl file of each level you wanna exclude.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

Chaotic Gaming
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby Chaotic Gaming » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Enjl wrote:
CC_Comedic_Comentator wrote:

Try writing "excludeFromMarioChallenge" into the .lvl file of each level you wanna exclude.
Thank you, I never new that option existed,
My Youtube Channel:
Chaotic Gaming[/center]

TailsFan99

Postby TailsFan99 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:30 pm

Is there a way to make replaced music and sounds apply on the SMBX Mario Challenge?
(music.ini, sounds.ini)

Legend-tony980
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Legend-tony980 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:22 am

I haven't been around for quite awhile. I tried this version and it was pretty amazing though! Also, I've seen someone has made Link in a Frog Suit. Awesome!

If there are plans for a new version, would Link be able to do stuff like these:
I've made sprites like these for Redigit's development before he turned me down in October 2010. After losing my files in 2014, I searched for them everywhere. Eventually, I had the idea of extracting sprites from .gif images I submitted on the internet and I have them back. :)

The sprites featured in the .gif files are featured there:
And no, those ain't no April Fools joke. Those are the real deal. ;)
Here is the link to my Upgraded Super Mario Bros. 3-Styled Graphic Pack Download

Also, go check out my DeviantArt account where most of my image submissions are found.

I'm currently working on Link's sprites tho:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wohlstand
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: 狐エンジニア

Postby Wohlstand » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:07 am

Legend-tony980 wrote:I haven't been around for quite awhile. I tried this version and it was pretty amazing though! Also, I've seen someone has made Link in a Frog Suit. Awesome!

If there are plans for a new version, would Link be able to do stuff like these:
I've made sprites like these for Redigit's development before he turned me down in October 2010. After losing my files in 2014, I searched for them everywhere. Eventually, I had the idea of extracting sprites from .gif images I submitted on the internet and I have them back. :)

The sprites featured in the .gif files are featured there:
And no, those ain't no April Fools joke. Those are the real deal. ;)
Perfect! I'll take those sprites for some experiments in PGE config packs
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:10 am

Yo btw for everyone who isn't in codehaus: npc ids past 300 apparently work now so expect some new npc updates in the coming weeks!
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

Lila M-3210
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Lila M-3210 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:46 am

This is great news. n.n Thank you.

timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:36 pm

Enjl wrote:Yo btw for everyone who isn't in codehaus: npc ids past 300 apparently work now so expect some new npc updates in the coming weeks!
I want to see almost every 38A exclusive npc appear in beta 4 now that you said this.
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:40 pm

Enjl wrote:Yo btw for everyone who isn't in codehaus: npc ids past 300 apparently work now so expect some new npc updates in the coming weeks!
npc-303: fanofsmbx boss

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Rhosty
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: person who constantly changes their avatar
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Rhosty » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:50 pm

Angle wrote:Yo btw for everyone who isn't in codehaus: npc ids past 300 apparently work now so expect some new npc updates in the coming weeks!
i hope none of these things you said are a joke, because you know, it's that time of year again
but i really hope those link gifs get added in the next update

HenryRichard
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:59 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:
npc-303: fanofsmbx boss
Does his attack turn things into SMB3 recolored YI versions?
Jesus is my savior.

Return to “Archives”