lava/poison water ideas

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
merijn2018
Goomba
Goomba

lava/poison water ideas

Postby merijn2018 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:01 pm

I would like to see poison water added to the game. I know it is just reskined water that acts as lava but it can help with level building since lava doesn´t fit in all levels. I would also like to see an option to activate lava/poison water waves, how big they are, how often they come and if they come from the left/right. I understand that the waves can be hard to add and I would understand it if they didn´t get added.

Bloxxerstudios
Rex
Rex
Current Project: Secret

Re: lava/poison water ideas

Postby Bloxxerstudios » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:22 pm

merijn2018 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:01 pm
I would like to see poison water added to the game. I know it is just reskined water that acts as lava but it can help with level building since lava doesn´t fit in all levels. I would also like to see an option to activate lava/poison water waves, how big they are, how often they come and if they come from the left/right. I understand that the waves can be hard to add and I would understand it if they didn´t get added.

The waves are a good idea, if you ask me. But I think the Poison Water is easily solvable by just replacing the Lava Graphics with some purple water. Although I think adding seperate poison water would add more Hurt GFX for players to use.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Re: lava/poison water ideas

Postby HeroLinik » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:13 am

I remember seeing some LunaLua code quite a while back that implemented some kind of oxygen meter which would tick down when you were in the water, and if the meter ran out, you died. Adding poison water could be possible by reskinning the oxygen meter to make it look like the player's health is decreasing, however it's a bit clunky.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Return to “General”