cato wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:56 am
Consistent list of good episodes:
Super Mario Star Expedition, Mario Classic, Airship Attack, Restoration, Gloaming Realm, The New World 2, Mix World 2, Tower of Biased series (late-game levels), Reign of the Gatekeeper, Super Mario Galaxy X, Luigi Fight the Mushroom Kingdom, Apocalypse of Froze, New Great Castle Adventure, Super Talking Time Bros, Yoshi's Archipelago
Also, they requested episodes that were made past 2019
1 - Super Mario Star Expedition is not a good episode, a lot of it is unnecessary switch hunts and the post game levels are actually not well designed
2 - Mario Classic is fine and shapes up decently well
3 - Airship Attack is made by a person banned from the forums who we don't want their stuff promoted as a result of what they did. Please stop talking about this episode
4 - Restoration is not a good episode. The author says that the episode is not really good. Why don't you recommend their newer episode which is of much higher quality?
5 - Gloaming Realm is a fine episode, it feels a bit like a tech demo
6 - The New World 2 is fine, however some of the levels don't function properly. Recommend stuff that actually works. It's getting an update though.
7 - Mix World 2 is not a good episode. A lot of the levels were basically boiled down to hit a switch, wait for something to move. Moreover, a lot of the secret star placements were really cryptic for no reason and placed in bad locations
8 - Tower of Biased Series late-game levels are not good. A lot of the judging was literally biased during the late-game and as a result bad levels got pushed to the forefront due to voting for friends' levels
9 - Reign of The Gatekeeper really is not a good episode, the late game devolved into haphazard enemy placements and was almost nearing enemy spam.
10 - Look at 3, that same person made a third of this game.
11 - Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom is not a good episode. The issue with that one is that each world felt like one level that was really dragged out. And as a result dodging enemies during late game felt really repetitive especially since you basically had to wait every 3 screens.
12 - Apocalypse of Foroze isn't a good episode due to the fact that 90% of the secret stars are replaying the level again, which pads out the gameplay without adding anythng new. The other 5% is collecting random collectibles which wastes a bunch of time finding them and the other 5% is getting a powerup from another level when that powerup should be in the level itself. There's literally a dev exit in the world 2 pyramid because the author himself did not feel like playing the level again while testing.
13 - New Great Castle Adventure only has good levels late-game. The stars in this episode were put in really obscure locations that were not reasonable at all, so in essence the secret exits makes this episode worse.
14 - Super Talking Time Bros is not a good episode. It's just a bunch of generic SMB3 levels and is really nothing special. Unless you meant to say 2 and 2.5
15 - Yoshi's Archipelago is literally the only episode that's really good in your list.
Added in 21 minutes 42 seconds:
King Mario wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:42 pm
I can gladly give you a list of Episodes that you'll probably like.
The Crystal Orbs
Good Older Episodes, Just in Case:
Reign Of The Gatekeepers
The Great Empire 1-3 (Basically the Trilogy)
1. They asked for episodes that were made after 2019 and subcon hearts has a bunch of obnoxious maze levels that severely degrade the quality of the episode
2. This episode doesn't function properly, it needs like 3-5 patches to work
3. Crystal Orbs is literally just a worse version of invasion 2. A lot of the levels were based off of invasion 2, and the designer made them worse.
4. This is alright for a first episode but its not really something that I'd recommend
5. The Great Empire 1-2 is a bunch of simple short smb3 levels that are really nothing special and are just generic. The Great Empire 3 is not a good episode, each level has 5 stars and multiple times you have to beat sections of a level you already did to get another one. There's literally one level where you have to beat an 2 minute section 8 times to 100% it. Moreover, a lot of the secret stars are literally just falling down random pits or clipping through walls. Moreover, there's parts of the episode unnecessarily hidden in way out of the way locations in the main hub.
Added in 2 minutes 29 seconds:
Cedur wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:31 am
I don't really agree with this being a list of "good episodes".
Some noteworthy entries of recent episodes:
- Unknown68's Epic Quest (a very large episode with many NSMBWii references, still under polishing but pretty good to go already)
- A SMBX Episode by SPEEDIE (had a lot of fixes, should be p good to go)
- New Super Mario Bros DS Remastered by Bottle_of_Water
- Bestified The Power of Style by Sancles (another installment of Sancles' series of "troll" episodes (trolls done in a good way))
- The Gloaming Realm by Daring Tombstone
EDIT: why does nobody ever mention Mystic Atlus
1. Do you know when Epic Quest will finish it's update. I'd like to take a look at some point.
2. Did this episode actually finally fix all the issues it had? or are there still random lua crashes.
3. I have no opinions either way about this episode
4. The last 2 options are decent and I agree with them.
5. Mystic Atlus is not a good episode. A lot of the levels legitimately have haphazard placements and in fact some of the very first levels in that episode are from when stageleft first designed in smbx without a grasp on level design. So 3 of the 9 worlds are just levels with random blocks scattered around. No one mentions this episode because it's not good and he knows parts of the episode aren't that great.
Added in 4 minutes 45 seconds:
joelcanciones wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:21 pm
Are there any good episodes made since 2019 untill now? Thanks in advance.
Since no one actually answered this question by talking about episodes that were made before 2019 and including a bunch of mediocre episodes in their responses, Here's my List:
All of these have a rating of a 6 or above.
1. The Gloaming Realm (has to use beta 3)
2. Trouble From Purple Planet (there's a bug in the engine not the episode's fault that might make the 2nd level not playable)
3. Super Mario Signal Interference
4. A SMBX Episode (if it functions properly)
5. BetterifiVed - Subtle Subtitle + The Dimension Master's Lament
Added in 53 seconds:
As a bonus: you should really play this:
Bestified The Power of Style by Sancles
You'll feel really accomplished after you play it.