New Super Mario Bros. X

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Core
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: Trans <3 She/her

Re: New Super Mario Bros. X

Postby Core » Sun May 03, 2020 2:35 am

TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:08 am
Just wondering if multiplayer is going to be supported in NSMBX with new stuff since battle mode is something I miss from the original and playing battle mode in SMBX2 is kind of buggy at the moment and I don't know if fixing it will be a priority.
Eventually we plan to rework battle mode completely by supporting online-multiplayer for example.
Join NSMBX's official server! - https://discord.gg/RMYdYfX

TheTrueMarioMaster
Hoopster
Hoopster
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Sun May 03, 2020 2:58 am

Core wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:35 am
Just wondering if multiplayer is going to be supported in NSMBX with new stuff since battle mode is something I miss from the original and playing battle mode in SMBX2 is kind of buggy at the moment and I don't know if fixing it will be a priority.
Eventually we plan to rework battle mode completely by supporting online-multiplayer for example.
Online multiplayer in general sounds great and having it support more than two players would be even better. Bring that up I remember seeing some videos on youtube showing off an online multiplayer version of SMBX 1.3 that doesn't look too bad though still quite buggy from the videos I've seen of it though I only remember seeing it used with regular levels but no battle levels so I don't know if that version works in battle mode.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

GforGoomba
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Sun May 03, 2020 12:18 pm

Core wrote:
Will 2 Player mode support online multiplayer alongside Battle mode?
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7

Postby Eri7 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Imagine if we get 4 players online multiplayer, that would be so dope, but if were to take a step back, having functional multiplayer battle mode would already be awesome, there is so much potential to host events/tournaments, stuff that smash is already doing.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sun May 03, 2020 12:55 pm

I'm a network programmer at my job, so knowing the effort that goes into writing network-sensitive code for a game... I recommend all of you use parsec until native online features are ready to go in several years. https://parsecgaming.com/

The thing with networking is that ideally games are designed with it in mind from the start. Putting it in later is a huge mess, and considering the source code for this project is already a huge mess, a massive redesign is probably necessary to even make it half-decent.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Core
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: Trans <3 She/her

Postby Core » Sun May 03, 2020 2:31 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:18 pm
Core wrote:
Will 2 Player mode support online multiplayer alongside Battle mode?
Maybe. It all depends on if wohl will do it all at some point.
Join NSMBX's official server! - https://discord.gg/RMYdYfX

SuperMarioGrava
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Flair: I'm a stereotypical Ness player.
Current Project: Making a game without coding
Chat Username: Kyle

Postby SuperMarioGrava » Sun May 03, 2020 4:44 pm

NSMBX is gonna be online? Whaat?
I believe I can buy.

Chanceux2
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Current Project: Super Toad Bros. X
Chat Username: Gamer of Studios

Postby Chanceux2 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:52 pm

SuperMarioGrava wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 4:44 pm
NSMBX is gonna be online? Whaat?
Vanilla SMBX is so why not

SuperMarioGrava
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby SuperMarioGrava » Sun May 03, 2020 7:46 pm

Do you guys know Yoshi's Archipelago? You know that "A Mega Ton" level? Where are those bosses from?
I believe I can buy.

TheTrueMarioMaster
Hoopster
Hoopster
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Sun May 03, 2020 8:28 pm

I've played vanilla SMBX for years and it never had online multiplayer just local multiplayer.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

CJ_RLushi
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Intention is what matters
Current Project: Another Super Mario Bros. 3 Remake [SMBX2]

Postby CJ_RLushi » Sun May 03, 2020 11:49 pm

That online building and testing mode thing, but of course it didnt have anything for regular game, it also had problems with CGFX, if smbx werent canceled we could potentially had regular online.
My episode lol:

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:38 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:55 pm
I'm a network programmer at my job, so knowing the effort that goes into writing network-sensitive code for a game... I recommend all of you use parsec until native online features are ready to go in several years. https://parsecgaming.com/

The thing with networking is that ideally games are designed with it in mind from the start. Putting it in later is a huge mess, and considering the source code for this project is already a huge mess, a massive redesign is probably necessary to even make it half-decent.
Everyone seems to be ignoring this. 1.3 was a unfinished game (correct me if I'm wrong) and thus it would have been easier to implement this stuff from the get go.

Maybe one day smbx will get a new editor that makes it easier to implement this stuff but that would probably be to big of a project.

Added in 7 minutes 54 seconds:
Core wrote:
Everyone will be asking you to add stuff and the list will become so huge it will be impossible with a team of 4 and the limitations of a unfinished game not to mention enjl already said it will be very difficult to add some things.

I just hope you don't make the list so big it becomes overwhelming and you suffer burn out.

Everyone has seen the 2.0 dev team have their ups and downs and even some of them quit or took a break due to issues. I would hate to see that happen to your team.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue May 05, 2020 4:41 am

Sun May 03, 2020 8:28 pm
I've played vanilla SMBX for years and it never had online multiplayer just local multiplayer.

as we said, it's not part of the basegame, just a tool you can find from the forums. Except as CJ_Rlushi said, it's pretty bugged.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

SuperMarioGrava
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby SuperMarioGrava » Tue May 05, 2020 2:00 pm

Is NSMBX gonna have all the episodes from earlier versions of SMBX?
I believe I can buy.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue May 05, 2020 2:14 pm

If you mean default episodes, obvsly not. If you mean compatibility / support, I think yes? (I'd like Core/Wohlstand/whoever to confirm)

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:39 pm

Speaking about episodes, I have heard from the nsmbx server that Core is interested in developing an invasion episode for the engine. I don't know if it will be called the New Invasion or Invasion 3 or etc. and when its planned to begin production if at all but I think this would be really cool addition to the engine.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Tue May 05, 2020 2:47 pm

The New Invasion sounds good and fitting. There's already an unofficial "Invasion 3" collab project (at least for the time being).

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Tue May 05, 2020 3:42 pm

I made a showcase/fan trailer of NSMBX by following strictly the vanilla style of the engine, I hope this helps out Core and co with NSMBX :D
(Also thanks YoshiSuperstar for video editing this video).

Amyrakunejo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Lady Fair Gamer
Current Project: Ramsey (VX Ace), retro gaming binge, DOOM/monster infighting (lolz)
Chat Username: Amyrakunejo

Postby Amyrakunejo » Wed May 06, 2020 6:33 pm

I saw that in the last uploaded trailer. I saw the P-Wing. lolz
Looking forward to seeing how well this runs on my potato PC.
Amyrakunejo, Femme Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer, Gynesexual
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...

"Is there really a choice for us, or are we always, sometimes monsters?"

What my POTATO PC can run with little to no issues:
SMBX 1.3, SMBX 2 Beta 3, RM2000/2003/XP/VX/VX Ace
What it struggles with:
NSMBX, SMBX 2 Beta 4, RMMV

vitzie629
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: I have greatly made levels!
Chat Username: vitzie629

Postby vitzie629 » Sat May 09, 2020 10:32 pm

I have an idea! The propeller suit, blue shell (power-up), mega and mini mushrooms, and other power ups that SMBX-38A has should be added in NSMBX v1.1!

Return to “General”