New Super Mario Bros. X

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Chanceux2
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Current Project: Super Toad Bros. X
Chat Username: Gamer of Studios

Re: New Super Mario Bros. X

Postby Chanceux2 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:18 pm

Dragon0307 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:14 pm
Would I be able to copy the PGE config into my personal PGE installation without breaking anything? It just seems a bit unnecessary to have two copies of PGE on the same computer.
Yeah is doing that gonna break the PGE engine or...

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:30 pm

I'm genuinely impressed that you've managed to create this new engine (even if it's based on other pre-existing source code) in a matter of, what, 2-3 months? That's a pretty impressive achievement! Might check this out when I have the time.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:50 pm

Dragon0307 wrote:
Would I be able to copy the PGE config into my personal PGE installation without breaking anything? It just seems a bit unnecessary to have two copies of PGE on the same computer.
Yes, you can, however, it's integrational config pack, and to make it work, you should edit it's "main.ini": you need to replace the relative path "../game/" with an absolute path to the game directory.

P.S. You need to use the latest Laboratory build of PGE toolchain since here are some recent fixes and updates required to use TheXTech (NSMBX is based on it) for a level testing correctly.

Added in 2 minutes 57 seconds:
P.P.S. On macOS it's no way yet to deploy game together with PGE toolchain included, therefore you need to use a separately installed PGE toolchain: before that, you need to copy a config pack from ".app/Content/Resources/assets/PGE" folder into "~/Library/Application Support/PGE Project/configs" and change the main.ini to make it point the "/path/to/nsmbx.app/Content/Resources/assets/" folder to make it work.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Chanceux2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Chanceux2 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:06 pm

So I'm gonna make an episode for NSMBX called Super Mario Advance X

AwesomeMario
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby AwesomeMario » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:13 pm

New NPCs that are added to NSMBX, are they not related to those of SMBX2? In the sense you encoded them from scratch, or what?
Also I'm glad that you continued the project, which was cancelled 8 years ago.
Jesus Christ is cool

I support:

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:34 pm

Core wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:31 am
ShadowStarX wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:29 am
Core wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:27 am

Well, it's compatible with smbx 1.3 at least, which is a great thing. As for confusion, i can always clear it up, if it happens.
Perhaps emphasize the fact that this is rather good as an alternative for those who cannot run SMBX2 but otherwise SMBX2 is the officially endorsed version?
Just an idea.
None of any smbx continuations are official.
For the people complaining Smbx2 is not copyrighted and 1.3 is the last official version so I don't understand why some people have a problem with this. Anyone can make new versions of 1.3. Nothing wrong with that. If anyone could have a legit problem it would be Nintendo but they don't.

I think this is cool but how big is your dev team? A project like this takes A lot of work and I'm sure enjl or hoeloe can tell you that burn out can happen easily.

With so much work done for 2.0 it will be hard to try something else but I'm not against this at all.

I'm going to check your spreadsheet right now. Thanks for letting me know.

Added in 16 minutes 31 seconds:
Hey core I was wondering why you never joined the dev team for 2.0? You have cool stuff that 2.0 does not have so you clearly have coding skills.

Ps. Seeing Wendy as a finished boss was cool and tryclyde.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Dragon0307
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Flair: All Hail Kamek
Current Project: Something for Beta 4

Postby Dragon0307 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:52 am

Wohlstand wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:53 pm
Dragon0307 wrote:
Yes, you can, however, it's integrational config pack, and to make it work, you should edit it's "main.ini": you need to replace the relative path "../game/" with an absolute path to the game directory.

P.S. You need to use the latest Laboratory build of PGE toolchain since here are some recent fixes and updates required to use TheXTech (NSMBX is based on it) for a level testing correctly.

Added in 2 minutes 57 seconds:
P.P.S. On macOS it's no way yet to deploy game together with PGE toolchain included, therefore you need to use a separately installed PGE toolchain: before that, you need to copy a config pack from ".app/Content/Resources/assets/PGE" folder into "~/Library/Application Support/PGE Project/configs" and change the main.ini to make it point the "/path/to/nsmbx.app/Content/Resources/assets/" folder to make it work.
Thanks. I'll get the labratory build now.
This ForumPost® is the intellectual property (IP) of Kamekverse LTD. All rights reserved.
UNAUTHORIZED USAGE IS VIABLE FOR CRIMINAL CHARGES ON THE GROUNDS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
ForumPost® is a registered patent of Kamekverse LTD.
This Signature™ is protected with the all-new Kamekverse™ Anti-Kumquat Protection System. Buy today at www.kamekverse.kamek/magikoopaantikumquatthingy.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:05 am

I got a very curious question about NEW SMBX?

Does it have controller support built-in the actual game?

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:41 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:05 am
Since the thing uses SDL2, yes. However, you just now reminded me one thing I must to fix: I must to provide an ability to configure arrow keys like that possible on PGE Engine!
Here one guy had to report me that arrow keys won't work in TheXTech, but everything works perfect on PGE Engine (because of an ability to setup all keys).
https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19959#p19959

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Core
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: Trans <3 She/her

Postby Core » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:41 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:51 pm
I think this is cool but how big is your dev team? A project like this takes A lot of work and I'm sure enjl or hoeloe can tell you that burn out can happen easily.
My dev team consists of four people. Specifically me, Wohlstand, Josh Oliver and SetaYoshi
Teemster2 wrote:
Hey core I was wondering why you never joined the dev team for 2.0? You have cool stuff that 2.0 does not have so you clearly have coding skills.
This is a type of question that i can't answer.
FireyPaperMario wrote:Does it have controller support built-in the actual game?
I think it does?
Join NSMBX's official server! - https://discord.gg/RMYdYfX

Chanceux2
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Chanceux2 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:48 am

Core wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:41 am
Teemster2 wrote:
My dev team consists of four people. Specifically me, Wohlstand, Josh Oliver and SetaYoshi
Teemster2 wrote:
I think it does?
Yeah Teemster is right. You have great coding skills you might look great in the dev team for 2.0

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:46 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:05 am
Just now I made an update to improve support for controllers: https://github.com/Wohlstand/TheXTech/c ... 508e7a8791
Vanillish one was clunky and didn't supported controllers fully, so, thank you very much for a remind to fix it! This patch will appear in NSMBX too.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Keroro04
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Keroro04 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Oh man NSMBX has Triclyde? Someone port him over to SMBX2 plz, that's the one boss we missing aside from Robot Birdo and Clawglip/Clawgrip from SMB2.

Core
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: Trans <3 She/her

Postby Core » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:28 pm

Keroro04 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:24 pm
Oh man NSMBX has Triclyde? Someone port him over to SMBX2 plz, that's the one boss we missing aside from Robot Birdo and Clawglip/Clawgrip from SMB2.
It's not a Triclyde, but rather a Tryclyde. Also "robot birdo" is robirdo and clawgrip is clawgrip, there is no alt. names for him.
Just wanted to point it out. As for porting... I could code Tryclyde in SMBX2, but i have no interest in this.
Join NSMBX's official server! - https://discord.gg/RMYdYfX

Keroro04
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Keroro04 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:39 pm

Ah, I did not know Robirdo's name so thank's on that. Also the Clawglip was intentional because it was a joke of the mistranslation of Clawgrip in SMB2 credits.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:42 pm

Chanceux2 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:48 am
Core wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:
I think it does?
Yeah Teemster is right. You have great coding skills you might look great in the dev team for 2.0
She said she could not answer the question so that explains it all for me. I won't say no more.

Added in 3 minutes 18 seconds:
Core wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:28 pm
Keroro04 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:24 pm
It's not a Triclyde, but rather a Tryclyde. Also "robot birdo" is robirdo and clawgrip is clawgrip, there is no alt. names for him.
Just wanted to point it out. As for porting... I could code Tryclyde in SMBX2, but i have no interest in this.
That's to much work. People don't understand how time consuming it is just to work on a single editor let alone two.

If the dev team for 2.0 wanted him in 2.0 They would have finished him by now anyways.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:34 am

More like "if anyone wanted it in smbx2 they could navigate to the point of the nsmbx source code where triclydes code is written and copy it 1:1 to lua syntax and make an npc pack"
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:53 am

Chanceux2 wrote:
Core wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:
I think it does?
Well let's not forget that NSMBX is open-source and can be easily compiled to other platforms. So that is probably one reason Core is working on NSMBX

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:55 am

Enjl wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:34 am
More like "if anyone wanted it in smbx2 they could navigate to the point of the nsmbx source code where triclydes code is written and copy it 1:1 to lua syntax and make an npc pack"
That's another good point. I did not think about that. Thanks.

Added in 4 minutes 14 seconds:
FanofSMBX wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:53 am
Chanceux2 wrote:
Core wrote:

I think it does?
Well let's not forget that NSMBX is open-source and can be easily compiled to other platforms. So that is probably one reason Core is working on NSMBX
I like nsmbx. It has a lot of potential and I'm glad it's open sourced like 2.0.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:15 am

FanofSMBX wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:53 am
Well let's not forget that NSMBX is open-source
Just before this half-sentence gets buried: SMBX2 is open source, too, with lunalua and the launcher on the lunalua repository, the edtior on the PGE repository, and the source code for the lua side included with every release.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Return to “General”