New Super Mario Bros. X

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Keroro04
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Re: New Super Mario Bros. X

Postby Keroro04 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:04 am

Ah so Tryclyde can be moved from NSMBX to SMBX2?

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:23 am

Keroro04 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:04 am
Ah so Tryclyde can be moved from NSMBX to SMBX2?

yes but not in terms of becoming a vanilla asset (yet)
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

SBells27
Rex
Rex
Flair: Working on a new project right now.
Current Project: (Untitled SMBX Project)
Chat Username: SBells27

Postby SBells27 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:22 pm

Look, I'm going to be real here. I apreciate that you took your time to make this engine and it looks pretty good.

Here's the thing though, was it really necessary for the SMBX community to have another engine? This was in development back in 2012 and back then it would of made sense for this engine to be released since Redigit was not longer working on SMBX at the time. But it's 2020, and now it seems late. We're living in a period of time where the entire community seems to be split into parts because of the amount of engines that now exist. Did we really need another one? especially since this engine is too similar to X2. This honestly really bothers me. The reason why I see the purpose of 38A and 2.0 is because both of those engines were attempting to continue SMBX. What is this engine's purpose going to be about?
SMBX YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJbYuy ... _z3srbCohQ
Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/xjbqCCj (General, smbx-related and my SM100 series disccussion)
Latest Bells's Episode: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25034

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:38 pm

SBells27 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:22 pm
This was in development back in 2012 and back then it would of made sense for this engine to be released
Just mentioning: The NSMBX of today is in no way at all related to the NSMBX of 2012.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7

Postby Eri7 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:45 pm

SBells27 wrote:
Look, I'm going to be real here. I apreciate that you took your time to make this engine and it looks pretty good.

Here's the thing though, was it really necessary for the SMBX community to have another engine? This was in development back in 2012 and back then it would of made sense for this engine to be released since Redigit was not longer working on SMBX at the time. But it's 2020, and now it seems late. We're living in a period of time where the entire community seems to be split into parts because of the amount of engines that now exist. Did we really need another one? especially since this engine is too similar to X2. This honestly really bothers me. The reason why I see the purpose of 38A and 2.0 is because both of those engines were attempting to continue SMBX. What is this engine's purpose going to be about?
You might have missed it but several people already said that this is a good alternative for the people who can't use 2.0. On top of that, this engine started so late because of the late discovery of the source code which was used to rewrite nsmbx in C++. There is also a lot of potential with this engine and there are plans for lua support to be added. While at first, it might seem as unnecessary, the people who can't run 2.0 and don't want to use 38A would find this as a very good alternative.

SBells27
Rex
Rex
Flair: Working on a new project right now.
Current Project: (Untitled SMBX Project)
Chat Username: SBells27

Postby SBells27 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:56 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:45 pm
SBells27 wrote:

You might have missed it but several people already said that this is a good alternative for the people who can't use 2.0. On top of that, this engine started so late because of the late discovery of the source code which was used to rewrite nsmbx in C++. There is also a lot of potential with this engine and there are plans for lua support to be added. While at first, it might seem as unnecessary, the people who can't run 2.0 and don't want to use 38A would find this as a very good alternative.
I guess that's fair. I hope 2.0 episodes get to be available on NSMBX and vice-versa though.
SMBX YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJbYuy ... _z3srbCohQ
Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/xjbqCCj (General, smbx-related and my SM100 series disccussion)
Latest Bells's Episode: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25034

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7

Postby Eri7 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:02 pm

SBells27 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:56 pm
Eri7 wrote:
SBells27 wrote:

I guess that's fair. I hope 2.0 episodes get to be available on NSMBX and vice-versa though.
I don't think that will be possible because they are 2 different engines and have different features/npcs.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:31 pm

Enjl wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:15 am
FanofSMBX wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:53 am
Well let's not forget that NSMBX is open-source
Just before this half-sentence gets buried: SMBX2 is open source, too, with lunalua and the launcher on the lunalua repository, the edtior on the PGE repository, and the source code for the lua side included with every release.
I appreciate that, though I made sure to specify that NSMBX's open-sourcedness means that it can be compiled to other platforms. I have heard talks of implementing LunaLua in NSMBX so I am also grateful for LunaLua being open-source.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:09 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:31 pm
I have heard talks of implementing LunaLua in NSMBX so I am also grateful for LunaLua being open-source.
The scripting implementation in NSMBX would be plain lua, not lunalua, I believe. Lunalua relies on memory hooks into the SMBX 1.3 assembly, and when recompiling the code is assembled differently, so it would be unsustainable. It would still mean that a lot of code could be copied over at large, but a lot of things may work subtly differently, or use subtly different names.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Current Project: Super Toad Bros. X
Chat Username: Gamer of Studios

Postby Chanceux2 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:09 pm

I have something to say. What if you can add another Default Episode

Eri7 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:02 pm
SBells27 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:56 pm
Eri7 wrote:

I don't think that will be possible because they are 2 different engines and have different features/npcs.
Also I was trying the PGE Config and that didn't go well

GforGoomba
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:59 pm

For some reason when I use NSMBX, it lags a bit. I'm okay with lag, but the fact that it speeds up by a lot after lagging throws me off. Is there a fix for this?
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:59 am

Chanceux2 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:12 pm
I have something to say. What if you can add another Default Episode
I'd rather not see the filesize of the engine be bloated like this.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Chanceux2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:00 am

GforGoomba wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:59 pm
For some reason when I use NSMBX, it lags a bit. I'm okay with lag, but the fact that it speeds up by a lot after lagging throws me off. Is there a fix for this?
that happens to me on 1.3.0.2 and 1.3.0.1

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:41 pm

SBells27 wrote:

Because it can run on Mac and Linux. Did you know that Knux now uses a Mac?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

SuperMarioGrava
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Flair: I'm a stereotypical Ness player.
Current Project: Making a game without coding
Chat Username: Kyle

Postby SuperMarioGrava » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:14 pm

Didn't know they were gonna make a New Super Mario Bros. X.
I believe I can buy.

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Chanceux2 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:23 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:41 pm
SBells27 wrote:

Because it can run on Mac and Linux. Did you know that Knux now uses a Mac?
Woah they do?

GforGoomba
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:25 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:59 pm
Fixed. All I had to do was enable frameskip which was only on the launcher :lol:
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

Core
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: Trans <3 She/her

Postby Core » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:11 pm

SBells27 wrote:
What is this engine's purpose going to be about?
It's continuation of smbx made in c++. it also serves as an alternative to ones who can't use smbx2. (for example mac users)
Join NSMBX's official server! - https://discord.gg/RMYdYfX

Thessbmzocker
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Chat Username: Thessbmzocker

Postby Thessbmzocker » Sat May 02, 2020 6:56 pm

Huh. This oughta be interesting. While my pc luckily has no issues running SMBX2, Im interested in how things will progress. While I agree that having more and more alternatives creates an issue where you cant play episodes/levels unless you have all [insert amount of smbx versions] versions of smbx. But at the same time if they all offer unique experiences it can be interesting. At least to me. If I wanna make a level but need a specific powerup for it, I can just get the editor that has that powerup and get right down to making a level. Just sucks for the people needing to then also download that version to play it. And this one seems to be a nice alternative for those who cant run smbx2 but still want a new smbx experience with stuff that isnt in 1.3
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

TheTrueMarioMaster
Hoopster
Hoopster
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Sun May 03, 2020 2:08 am

Just wondering if multiplayer is going to be supported in NSMBX with new stuff since battle mode is something I miss from the original and playing battle mode in SMBX2 is kind of buggy at the moment and I don't know if fixing it will be a priority.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

Return to “General”