How long did YOU play smbx

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.

How long?

Poll ended at Tue May 12, 2020 3:01 pm

2009
1
3%
2010
1
3%
2011
0
No votes
2012
6
18%
2013
4
12%
2014
2
6%
2015
3
9%
2016
8
24%
2017
5
15%
2018
3
9%
2019
1
3%
2020
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 34
SDA - SMBX
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:21 pm
Flair: Legacy Editor FTW, PGE FTL

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby SDA - SMBX » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:09 pm

At least from the end of 2017. Now I'm slowly starting to not play it due to lacking of time.
"God damn, why I'm not out of this forum yet?"
Another thing I wanted to add in my signature. GRR...

vitzie629
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:50 pm
Flair: I have greatly made levels!

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby vitzie629 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:43 pm

I have been using SMBX since like the end of 2009 or something!

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Contact:

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby Chanceux2 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:14 pm

vitzie629 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:43 pm
I have been using SMBX since like the end of 2009 or something!
Do you remember Which version? I first played version 1.3.0.1

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6492
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby Cedur » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:18 pm

Chanceux2 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:14 pm
vitzie629 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:43 pm
I have been using SMBX since like the end of 2009 or something!
Do you remember Which version? I first played version 1.3.0.1

If he goes back until 2009, it means that he was around even for the oldest versions that preceded 1.3 and 1.3.0.1
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Contact:

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby Chanceux2 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:35 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Chanceux2 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:14 pm
vitzie629 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:43 pm
I have been using SMBX since like the end of 2009 or something!
Do you remember Which version? I first played version 1.3.0.1

If he goes back until 2009, it means that he was around even for the oldest versions that preceded 1.3 and 1.3.0.1
HE WAS AROUND SINCE 1.0?????

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6492
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby Cedur » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:43 pm

Chanceux2 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:35 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Chanceux2 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:14 pm


Do you remember Which version? I first played version 1.3.0.1

If he goes back until 2009, it means that he was around even for the oldest versions that preceded 1.3 and 1.3.0.1
HE WAS AROUND SINCE 1.0?????

If you didn't know (or just figured yourself), SMBX was created in 2009, yes.
Redigit released the versions 1.0 till 1.3 in 2010.
1.3.0.1 was just a minor extension in 2014 (changed title screen, changed sound, tweaked graphics and extended vanilla palette)
2.0's and 1.4's are around since about 2015 (not 100% sure on this one).
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Contact:

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby Chanceux2 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:43 pm
Chanceux2 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:35 pm
Cedur wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:18 pm



If he goes back until 2009, it means that he was around even for the oldest versions that preceded 1.3 and 1.3.0.1
HE WAS AROUND SINCE 1.0?????

If you didn't know (or just figured yourself), SMBX was created in 2009, yes.
Redigit released the versions 1.0 till 1.3 in 2010.
1.3.0.1 was just a minor extension in 2014 (changed title screen, changed sound, tweaked graphics and extended vanilla palette)
2.0's and 1.4's are around since about 2015 (not 100% sure on this one).
Yeah I knew that it was made 2009
I think 1.4 was made early 2015 but also think it was made 2014 since it said 2014-2020. When I first played 38A it said 2014-2017

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6307
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Contact:

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:00 am

I am actually shocked people have used it as long as I am, but I am glad that it the case.

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

User avatar
Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 520
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby Teemster2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:38 am

I found the forums in 2011 and the community was very different back then. I think someone named Joey ran the forums.

Anyways I never played the game back then and became a member of these forums years later.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Contact:

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby Chanceux2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:25 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:38 am
I found the forums in 2011 and the community was very different back then. I think someone named Joey ran the forums.

Anyways I never played the game back then and became a member of these forums years later.
Joey isn't here anymore. I'm not FULLY sure but I think he left the community.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6492
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby Cedur » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:43 am

Chanceux2 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:25 am
Teemster2 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:38 am
I found the forums in 2011 and the community was very different back then. I think someone named Joey ran the forums.

Anyways I never played the game back then and became a member of these forums years later.
Joey isn't here anymore. I'm not FULLY sure but I think he left the community.

As I said, he left. And he ran the community from December 2013 till December 2016. Between 2011 and 2013, there were different coexisting places (Knuxforums, NSMBX forums, SMBXRevived)
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Contact:

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby Chanceux2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:45 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:43 am
As I said, he left. And he ran the community from December 2013 till December 2016. Between 2011 and 2013, there were different coexisting places (Knuxforums, NSMBX forums, ""SMBXRevived"")
Okay right on SMBXRevived I kinda found that some days ago. (It was literally made from PROBOARD! :roll: ... well lets not talk about that)

User avatar
MrCaves
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:51 pm

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby MrCaves » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:47 am

I was around since Smashmaster1995 (Now known as SmashMasterShow) was making SMBX videos, so around before 1.3 was even a thing

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Contact:

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby Chanceux2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:56 am

MrCaves wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:47 am
I was around since Smashmaster1995 (Now known as SmashMasterShow) was making SMBX videos, so around before 1.3 was even a thing
Wow thats amazing! I was around since 1.3.0.1 and 2.0 (Open Beta)

SBells27
Rex
Rex
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:23 pm
Flair: Working on a new project right now.
Contact:

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby SBells27 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:19 pm

Since 2015 for me.
SMBX YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJbYuy ... _z3srbCohQ
Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/xjbqCCj (General, smbx-related and my SM100 series disccussion)
Latest Bells's Episode: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25034
Image

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Contact:

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby Chanceux2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:28 pm

SBells27 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:19 pm
Since 2015 for me.
After a year I CAME LOL

Sewpah
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:07 pm
Contact:

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby Sewpah » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:52 pm

I've been playing SMBX since the very beginning (August or September 2009).
Image
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Video Game Licenses:
Image
Image

Stuff I support:
-The Invasion 3: Shadow Star
Image

User avatar
Sumguy
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:29 am

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby Sumguy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:58 am

Been playing since 2010, but never used SMBX2 until like last year since I had to get a new laptop that wasn't slow.

User avatar
SPEEDIE
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:22 pm
Flair: https://discord.gg/fahyrvk
Contact:

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby SPEEDIE » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:32 am

2012, played legacy until around 2018 when I tried some shitty version of 38-A (sorry 38-a users lmfao) and switched to SMBX2 in Early 2019. I reused some levels from 38-A but it was easy to get them working on SMBX2, I then finished A SMBX Episode on Beta 4.
If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Join my SMBX discord server for exclusive updates and much more.
https://discord.gg/fahyrvk

Finished Projects:

Image

Ongoing Projects:

Blade of Justice.

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2571
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: How long did YOU play smbx

Postby glitch4 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:16 pm

Since late 09 or early 2010, I've discovered youtube guy smashmaster playing SMBX and I decided to check out. I was amazed to see one of the best fangames ever, so after playing The Invasion, I went to internet to lurk for more episodes. If anything I remember in the first years, first beta version having nes music, probably a lot of levels being very crap-ish(much like most of Mario Maker levels now), when one version crashed on my pc (it had added water and quicksand psychics back then).
At young age of that time, due to knowing couple english words, I had no idea how could I place warps correctly at the first time making crap levels. My skills at playing weren't good, either. I haven't beat The Invasion 1 because of Hardmode Tank level and I was so awful at The Great Castle Adventure I had to quit playing it because the episode felt like hardass to me. The Princess Cliche was a casual and short experience of collecting starts and beating the shit out of king koopa using bullet gun, no idea why now in the new version the boss battle was changed by having 2 pipes generating parakoopas, it felt so unfairly difficult and unnecessery.
I remember the featured episode page at official website that had 3 afromentioned ones, The Great Empire and Red yoshi's graphics pack. Good times.
Since after 2010 I haven't been using SMBX that much until like 2013 where I made a 5 level episode which had short crappy levels and trash world map(now don't have it anymore). Then later I joined the forums, and spend all the time making dumb lulz and cringy stuff I was doing, now it's 2020 and still playing SMBX, still the best fangame ever.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Snowy_Desert and 12 guests