It's me or the activity has decreased?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
idruinn
Bit
Bit
Flair: Don't worry, be happy!

Re: It's me or the activity has decreased?

Postby idruinn » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:19 pm

CD20Superness wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:17 pm
Activity has been decreased even more now due to the removal of the emotional threads. No, i'm not complaining.
Yep, this has been a mistake in my opinion because we need to express our feelings here too. We are not robots, we are humans.
If you wish to understand the Universe think of energy, frequency and vibration.

If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the Universe.

What we now want is closer contact and better understanding between individuals and communities all over the Earth, and the elimination of egoism and pride which is always prone to plunge the world into primeval barbarism and strife. Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment.

Nikola Tesla

Idunn
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Robotic

Postby Idunn » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:13 am

All good things die sometime, no forum is eternal.
Please do not use any assets made for my Project! I will bring you to court if you do!

Kyasarin and Luminous were right all along!

My Project:
Spoiler: show
Projects that have my support:

1di_Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!

Postby 1di_Scroll » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:06 pm

This is sure disappointing, I thought activity would increase a lot with beta 4's arrival. Well at least I came back
idruinn wrote:
CD20Superness wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:17 pm
Activity has been decreased even more now due to the removal of the emotional threads. No, i'm not complaining.
Yep, this has been a mistake in my opinion because we need to express our feelings here too. We are not robots, we are humans.
I agree with this post, but why would activity decrease beacause of emotional threads being removed?

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:17 pm

Just because a forum isn't as active as you once remembered, it doesn't mean the community has died. Though, I feel the whole wave of return to activity during the 1st-2nd quarter was mostly because of two things: 1.AVLC 2.The global lockdowns due to the pandemic keeping most of us indoors for months. Even if there hasn't been much activity recently, there's always the discord server. :3
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:33 am

Frankly the pandemic didn't boost community activity as much as, say, the chess scene across the world
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

SparrowWithASword
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Flair: I like birds

Postby SparrowWithASword » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:02 pm

As a relatively new member I think it's simply the fact that SMBX doesn't have that big of a community. Most people congregate around YouTube videos, and when it comes to the overall Mario fanbase and the world as a whole most people prefer Mario Maker over SMBX simply because that is the official tool for level creation.
Don't be afraid to make the switch to SMBX2, and don't feel pressured if you wish to not do it. Take my word for it, for I am just another casual user.

rixithechao
Pokey
Pokey

Postby rixithechao » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:47 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again: low forum activity is not a sign of the community dying as much as it is a sign of forums losing their place as the community's dominant communication platform. The subforum/thread structure and asynchronous mode of discussion that forums offer do still have their advantages over more real-time environments like Discord servers -- publishing levels and episodes, making big announcements, hosting events, etc -- and there's always going to be people that just plain prefer the former over the latter. But for the majority of people, the latter ends up being better for a lot of the smaller activity like casual conversation, troubleshooting, and getting feedback on WIP creations.
Some people just cannot avoid the ads on MediaFire, even with both common sense and popup blockers. It's always a good idea to provide an alternate download link with an ad-free file host such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

Also play Bug Fables, the devs have confirmed that they got their royalties from Dangen and the game is really freaking good.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no

Postby AirSeus » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:51 am

SparrowWithASword wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:02 pm
As a relatively new member I think it's simply the fact that SMBX doesn't have that big of a community. Most people congregate around YouTube videos, and when it comes to the overall Mario fanbase and the world as a whole most people prefer Mario Maker over SMBX simply because that is the official tool for level creation.
SMBX has quite a large community compared to most SMB fangames, just simply that most reside on Youtube/Discord or have moved on.
I dunno, something inspirational is supposed to go here so here I go:

Realize the difference between criticism and hate.
Criticism is direct feedback about the level that helps and tells you what you could do better and/or what you could expand upon.
Hate is direct insults towards you/your level that tell you nothing other than how bad you are.

AKA: Don't cry at every responce you get, just ignore hate and respond to criticism.

Sancles-Chan
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: I've defeated humor

Postby Sancles-Chan » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:43 am

anyone who says smbx activity hasn't decreased is in some deep denial.

It's obvious, contests nowadays can get barely over 30 entries when before they'd get 80+. Which is just the simplest and most obvious way to look at this but there are more examples which I don't feel like listing
She/Her
ImageImageImageImageImage

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:23 am

btw my own activity is decreasing too, I haven't touched the game in a good while and barely spent attention to discord, and there are just things that are more fun for me and I'm also focusing on shifts in real life ...
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Return to “General”