Beating Every SMBX Episode: [Bowser's Bosses Fight Review]

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1823
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Beating Every SMBX Episode: Rule 1 Update [71 Threads Left]

Postby Eclipsed » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:45 am

Rule 1 Update: If the creator is planning an update and wants it played afterwards, I will do so.
In essence, this rule was made because I wanted to get rid of a pin in discord and also this rule was already in effect but never explicitly stated. All counts already do not include episodes where the creator asked me to skip it for a future version.



Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1823
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: Tower of Biased 1 Fav Level

Postby Eclipsed » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Out of all the levels mandatory in tower of biased 1, the following level is my favorite which is a given since 8th place was the last mandatory level
Spoiler: show
Last edited by Eclipsed on Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1823
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: Crazy Cat Corridor Favorite Level

Postby Eclipsed » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:51 pm

Crazy Cat Corridor is a contest with 8 entrants and my favorite level from it has to be the following which earned 2nd place
Spoiler: show
Last edited by Eclipsed on Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1823
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: [Updates: 38A Episodes]

Postby Eclipsed » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:08 am

I will no longer be finishing 38A episodes for the following reasons

1. The encryption and lack of pre-packaged PGE support make it obnoxious to 100% the episodes when people have no idea how to make a secret exit.
2. 38A episodes are really poorly designed. Out of all the 38A episodes I have played, there is only one in total that hasn't left me bored, frustrated or annoyed at any point. That is an almost perfect success rate of having bad design or design elements each episode including demos. 80% of the 38A episodes are annoying with 15% of them being frustrating, while in contrast SMBX2 only has around 15% of episodes that are annoying while having only around 5% of episodes that are frustrating.
3. The last 38A episode I played was so abysmal, I almost started coughing up blood. This episode is Super Spooky Boss Rush so combined with 2 and physical health reasons, I will no longer play 38A episodes in their entirety
4. I'm marking down the top 10% of episodes and including 38A episodes in there artificially deflates the average quality of episodes so I will be doing two separate things such as a top 3 list of 38A episodes
5. 38A is not actually part of SMBX and due to the influx of more episodes, I would like to focus on actually playing SMBX.
Last edited by Eclipsed on Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1489
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: [Updates: 38A Episodes]

Postby MegaDood » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:11 am

Dude you should stop playing 38A episodes in general its bad for your health.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6390
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: [Updates: 38A Episodes]

Postby Cedur » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:16 am

MegaDood wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:11 am
Dude you should stop playing 38A episodes in general its bad for your health.

You shouldn't tell him to go that far, you know yourself which 38A projects exist that Eclipsed will find great ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1823
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: [Updates: 38A Episodes + A2XT Help + Updates]

Postby Eclipsed » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:40 am

Updates:
I have added the following categories to the thread: Favorite Contest Levels, Best 38A Episodes, The Worst Episodes (For one, I've talked to the person who made the episode, they tried to make it the worst episode of that archetype, they were drunk when they made that episode or those people left the smbx community a long time ago x2)

Also, does anyone have a working episode of A2XT. The current base game install makes it so that the episode is unplayable. It changes a lot of background graphics into foreground, and thus renders it unplayable.

Added in 10 minutes 1 second:
Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: [Updates: 38A Episodes]
Cedur wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:16 am

You shouldn't tell him to go that far, you know yourself which 38A projects exist that Eclipsed will find great ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There's some 38A episodes I believe are well designed. I know Yoshi superstar's episode and Peamix's WIP episodes are probably going to be really good and I would like to check stuff like those out.

SBells27
Rex
Rex
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:23 pm
Flair: Working on a new project right now.
Current Project: (Untitled SMBX Project)
Chat Username: SBells27
Contact:

Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: [Updates: 38A Episodes]

Postby SBells27 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:15 am

Eclipsed wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:08 am
I will no longer be finishing 38A episodes for the following reasons

1. The encryption and lack of pre-packaged PGE support make it obnoxious to 100% the episodes when people have no idea how to make a secret exit.
2. 38A episodes are really poorly designed. Out of all the 38A episodes I have played, there is only one in total that hasn't left me bored, frustrated or annoyed at any point. That is an almost perfect success rate of having bad design or design elements each episode including demos. 80% of the 38A episodes are annoying with 15% of them being frustrating, while in contrast SMBX2 only has around 15% of episodes that are annoying while having only around 5% of episodes that are frustrating.
3. The last 38A episode I played was so abysmal, I almost started coughing up blood. This episode is Super Spooky Boss Rush so combined with 2 and physical health reasons, I will no longer play 38A episodes in their entirety
4. I'm marking down the top 10% of episodes and including 38A episodes in there artificially deflates the average quality of episodes so I will be doing two separate things such as a top 3 list of 38A episodes
5. 38A is not actually part of SMBX and due to the influx of more episodes, I would like to focus on actually playing SMBX.
So you're not longer playing them as well, or?
SMBX YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJbYuy ... _z3srbCohQ
Join my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/xjbqCCj (General, smbx-related and my SM100 series disccussion)
Latest Bells's Episode: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25034
Image

User avatar
cato
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:06 am
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression
Current Project: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Chat Username: Cato
Contact:

Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: [Updates: 38A Episodes]

Postby cato » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:29 am

Eclipsed wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:08 am
I will no longer be finishing 38A episodes for the following reasons

1. The encryption and lack of pre-packaged PGE support make it obnoxious to 100% the episodes when people have no idea how to make a secret exit.
2. 38A episodes are really poorly designed. Out of all the 38A episodes I have played, there is only one in total that hasn't left me bored, frustrated or annoyed at any point. That is an almost perfect success rate of having bad design or design elements each episode including demos. 80% of the 38A episodes are annoying with 15% of them being frustrating, while in contrast SMBX2 only has around 15% of episodes that are annoying while having only around 5% of episodes that are frustrating.
3. The last 38A episode I played was so abysmal, I almost started coughing up blood. This episode is Super Spooky Boss Rush so combined with 2 and physical health reasons, I will no longer play 38A episodes in their entirety
4. I'm marking down the top 10% of episodes and including 38A episodes in there artificially deflates the average quality of episodes so I will be doing two separate things such as a top 3 list of 38A episodes
5. 38A is not actually part of SMBX and due to the influx of more episodes, I would like to focus on actually playing SMBX.
Maybe take a rest.
Be woke be cool, a calm spirit is smarter.
Go pleasure yourself with some soothing music. Don't force yourself too hard.
With redacted gone, you would be the only more iconic one who is still active in playing SMBX episode.

Also, you need to convert all default graphic from AX2T using PGE convertor, set the path to the episode and select SMBX 1..64.


User avatar
MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1489
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 am
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: [Updates: 38A Episodes]

Postby MegaDood » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:51 am

Cedur wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:16 am
MegaDood wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:11 am
Dude you should stop playing 38A episodes in general its bad for your health.

You shouldn't tell him to go that far, you know yourself which 38A projects exist that Eclipsed will find great ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It was just a joke, I wasn't being serious, so don't worry man.
Besides Eclipsed 100% knows I'm kidding lol.
Yeah I should have specified it was a joke better though so that part's on me haha.
My Project:
Image
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:


Image
Image
Image

anstar
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:28 pm
Flair: Stand up Comedian
Current Project: Making videos on endings of good episodes on YouTube
Contact:

Re: Journey to Completion - Help on this jump please

Postby anstar » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:06 pm

Eclipsed wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:52 pm
Day 26: I have been working through Page 17 and have encountered a roadblock in Forbidden Kaizo 3, a misnomer, but I am having trouble doing one jump. I've asked several people so far, and the forum thread's second reply is RudeGuy07 stating they did the jump in around 5 tries, so it is possible. I do not know what I am missing, but can anyone help describe how to do this jump?

Image
For that jump,
Get a hammer suit, then make a running jump with Mario, and before you fall just hit the thwomp with the hammers. That way you would fall amidst the crabs, and lose your powerup but in the instant that you are invincible jump onto the thorns beside the lava and then jump further right, so you escape the setup. You can get the hammer suit from any previous level.

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1823
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Re: Journey to Completion - Help on this jump please

Postby Eclipsed » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:42 am

anstar wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:06 pm
For that jump,
Get a hammer suit, then make a running jump with Mario, and before you fall just hit the thwomp with the hammers. That way you would fall amidst the crabs, and lose your powerup but in the instant that you are invincible jump onto the thorns beside the lava and then jump further right, so you escape the setup. You can get the hammer suit from any previous level.
I would have done that if the episode had a hammer suit, which it does not

anstar
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:28 pm
Flair: Stand up Comedian
Current Project: Making videos on endings of good episodes on YouTube
Contact:

Re: Journey to Completion - Help on this jump please

Postby anstar » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:07 pm

Eclipsed wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:42 am
anstar wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:06 pm
For that jump,
Get a hammer suit, then make a running jump with Mario, and before you fall just hit the thwomp with the hammers. That way you would fall amidst the crabs, and lose your powerup but in the instant that you are invincible jump onto the thorns beside the lava and then jump further right, so you escape the setup. You can get the hammer suit from any previous level.
I would have done that if the episode had a hammer suit, which it does not
Any springs nearby?

Eclipsed
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1823
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Re: Journey to Completion - Help on this jump please

Postby Eclipsed » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:09 pm

anstar wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:07 pm
Any springs nearby?
No there's no extra stuff, there's a reason that it's not possible to do and it uses a mario filter before you ask about that.



User avatar
Nadav
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Re: Beating Every SMBX Episode: [Level Contest Japan Boss Rush]

Postby Nadav » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:29 pm

You told me on a private message that you are about to play my episode, you asked me if I have discord, I said I dont have it.
Check out my episodes:
Image
Image


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests