Hello, I'm MyNameIsEric52, and this is my new contest idea that I tried to realize most of the time. You and I, users, will be selecting a level for the month. For example, in this one, you will vote for a level of August. I'll explain the idea of contest below:
Idea of ContestFor this month, a video that showcases all of the levels will be provided and after doing so a person can vote for all the levels they think deserve to be level of the month. After doing so, the level with the most votes will win.
• Levels must be made in the month of question.
• Levels made by 2 or more people is allowed.
• Do not submit votes if you have not checked all of the levels.
• The level can be any version, and Lua is allowed.
• Your download link of your level should work.
• No judges. Users can vote for the level of month and for as many levels they want.
• The winner is the level that got most of votes.
• Try not to be biased.
• Contest ends at 12th September.
Q&A- Outdated, Currently not allowed to change section
Level ListGreen Grassy Plains by Toadette012
Fight Against Goomba by computerfan0
Castle Bleck by Blacknight94
Goomba Stomp Challenge by glitch4
Desert Dreams by Xilore_Inaba
Lakitu Madness by 55jedat555
Wet Swooper Cave by 55jedat555
Frustration by 55jedat555
August Flying Gods by MyNameIsEric52
3D Showcase by GforGoomba
Fire Fields by CJTheNewbie
Flower Fields by CJTheNewbie
Mushrooms in the Sky by CJTheNewbie
Sweet Sweet Plains by CJTheNewbie
Hidden Desert Oasis by CJTheNewbie
My Discord Nickname:Chorpe#2611
Special Thanks to:Eclipsed
Also, some info here: i will upload a link to a poll site at 1st september.
Sponsor ServersSMBX Episode Projects - 204 Members
SMBX Server List - 90 Members
SMBX Speedrunning - 83 Members
The Novaverse - 82 Members
Eclipsed's Moon Base - 28 Members
Interview:1) What was your main source of inspiration for making Frustration?
2) Kaizo levels are difficult, regarding that what do you think was your hardest challenge for that level?
3) Do you have any future level plans for smbx in the future?
4) Regarding the difficulty of the levels has there been anything cut out because it was just too difficult?
1) Probably the original Kaizo Mario World series by Takemoto. A few parts of the level were directly inspired by levels from those three ROM hacks.
2) What I struggled with the most while playtesting was undoubtedly the vertical Kaizo Pit at the end of the level, which I thought about taking out, but never did in the end. Not that I regret it, of course.
3) I have a larger-scope project in the works, as well as some other standalone levels, some of which are also Kaizo.
4) Yes, quite a bit in fact. What probably experienced the biggest change was the platforming beneath the munchers part in the first half. Originally, all of the cement blocks were note blocks, so there was no steady ground throughout that entire segment, and there was a Snifit that would shoot bullets, which made the whole thing even worse. After losing my mind I decided to reshape that part to what it is now.
also, may i ask what is the purpose of this?