Characters that should be the playable characters in SMBX2 imo

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.

Which changes should be made?

Yoshi as a separate character
12%
Waluigi as a separate character
14%
Add Koopa
7%
Add Donkey Kong
7%
Daisy as a seperate character
5%
Daisy as a costume for Ninja Bomberman
1%
Daisy as a costume for Peach
3%
Raccoon/Tanooki Bowser with tail instead of Recolor
8%
Smb3 hurt system
7%
Toad and Peach mount Yoshi
9%
Link mount shoes
7%
Bowser pluck veggies
5%
Buff Wario Speed
5%
Ninja Bomberman shouldn't instantly die when hit
7%
Remove all non-Mario characters but Link, Samus, Mega Man, Ninja Bomberman andZelda
3%

Total votes: 174
Enderfan
Bit
Bit
Flair: ★The Master of Dimensions★
Current Project: Who knows? I don't have access to a pc with SMBX atm...

Characters that should be the playable characters in SMBX2 imo

Postby Enderfan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:38 am

Hello guys,

I was thinking about the characters in beta 3, and I saw some characters that I think do not fit in smbx. I also have some ideas for the existing characters. These are just my ideas and this post is not meant to trigger the devs or rush them.

Mario, ofc he is good the way he is, but maybe we should have all characters go back to mushroom state like in smb3 when hit while having an item like fire flower, and not revert to small state

Luigi is fine the way he is.

Peach and Toad should be able to mount Yoshis and have item slots if the smb3 hurt system will be added

Link should be able to mount shoes and grab items

Wario is awesome!!! Only thing is that he needs a slight speed buff.

Bowser is fine but he should have a tail when raccoon instead of a recolor, like in sm3D and he should be able to grab sprouts

Rosalina is great!

Yoshi should be a character instead of a costume, playable like in sma3, with his sounds and special abilities. (Flutter jump, tongue, lay eggs, eat the other player) He can't spin jump nor ride other yoshis, and if an item is in an egg or a normal NPC egg is in a level and Yoshi is one of the players, they turn into Yoshis Island style eggs and if Yoshi touches them, they will be following him. Other players can still grab the eggs even if they're following Yoshi. When the other player puts it down, it will not be following Yoshi anymore. He can throw eggs by pressing spin jump twice, and fix his target with tanooki. When the egg hit something, the egg breaks and the item that was in it hatches. Klonoa should be removed.

Donkey Kong should be added, and look and behave like this (special ability being a roll):

Ninja Bomberman shouldn't instantly die when harmed, and the Waluigi costume should be replaced with a Daisy costume. Daisy can spin jump in Mario run, and ninja can do this too.

Koopa should be a playable character and behaves like Mario with a blue shell. Duck to hide in your shell and run and duck to spin in your shell. You're carryable by another player when hiding in your shell. If Cape Feather gets added it will make Koopa a Super Koopa and unable to hide in his shell nor spin. Leaf makes him a Paratroopa. Koopa will be Yoshi's Island style

Waluigi should be an independent character. Comment your ideas below!

Mega Man, Samus, Ninja Bomberman and Zelda should stay, the others may Rest In Peace. I think this is better cuz it's still a Mario fan game, and it should be more focused on Mario characters
Well, looks like there's nothing to see here.
Just turn around and pretend you didn't waste those precious seconds of your life.

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: Characters that should be the playable characters in SMBX2 imo

Postby The0x539 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:43 pm

juni is being removed for reasons entirely unrelated to being a non-mario character
ninja bomberman is being strongly considered for removal, being in such a case replaced by likely either meat boy or dustman (the janitor, not the robot master)
everyone else in beta 3 is here to stay in some capacity, pending reworks
do not expect additional basegame playables prior to 2.1, unless someone outside of the dev team (as with ditchen and kirby) implements one to basegame standards of code quality

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Thyme Time!

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:37 pm

The0x539 wrote:juni is being removed for reasons entirely unrelated to being a non-mario character
ninja bomberman is being strongly considered for removal, being in such a case replaced by likely either meat boy or dustman (the janitor, not the robot master)
do not expect additional basegame playables prior to 2.1, unless someone outside of the dev team (as with ditchen and kirby) implements one to basegame standards of code quality
Meat boy would be such a cool character to have, kinda hoping he does get replaced by a meat cube
My Project: Coming Soon!
I support
Spoiler: show
ImageImage Image

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Megaman definitely need a buff in speed a bit, since he falls in large pits, rather easy. I'm all for Bowser with raccoon tail, it was a cool sight to see in 3D Land and it would be cool to see it in SMBX.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:27 pm

Westretroman wrote:Megaman definitely need a buff in speed a bit, since he falls in large pits, rather easy.
Use the Rush Jet Airship Piece:tm:
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Enjl wrote:
Westretroman wrote:Megaman definitely need a buff in speed a bit, since he falls in large pits, rather easy.
Use the Rush Jet Airship Piece:tm:
Oh, thanks! Pretty neat that it was implemented.

Tiger Festival
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Tiger Festival » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:57 pm

The0x539 wrote:juni is being removed for reasons entirely unrelated to being a non-mario character
Why not replace Ninja Bomberman with a more iconic character like Ryu Hayabusa or Simon Belmont?

Also I googled dustman janitor and I kept getting pics of real life janitors and cartoon janitors. So who exactly is Dustman?

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: SMBX2

Postby The0x539 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:47 pm

Tiger Festival wrote:
Why not replace Ninja Bomberman with a more iconic character like Ryu Hayabusa or Simon Belmont?
Because they wouldn't fill the same intended niche. Is Meat Boy not iconic?
Also I googled dustman janitor and I kept getting pics of real life janitors and cartoon janitors. So who exactly is Dustman?

Tiger Festival
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Tiger Festival » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:53 pm

The0x539 wrote:
Tiger Festival wrote:
Because they wouldn't fill the same intended niche. Is Meat Boy not iconic?
I meant iconic as in well known. Simon Belmont and Ryu Hayabusa are more known than Meat Boy and Dustman(thanks for filling me in)seeing they've been around alot longer and have alot more games under their belt. But this is just my personal opinion though, take it with a grain of salt if you please. You're free to do what you like. I just wanted to know why is all and insert my 2 cents.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Thyme Time!

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:51 am

I personally think that Meat Boy would provide a lot more interesting levels than Simon Belmont, who would just literally be Link except with a longer range, or Ninja Gaiden, who would be a slightly faster Link. Meat boy could make for some extremely fast paced levels, which I think would be super neat-o! One of his costumes could simple be Bandage Girl, or Doctor Fetus.
My Project: Coming Soon!
I support
ImageImage Image

Enderfan
Bit
Bit

Postby Enderfan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:27 am

Matt_The_Slime wrote:I personally think that Meat Boy would provide a lot more interesting levels than Simon Belmont, who would just literally be Link except with a longer range, or Ninja Gaiden, who would be a slightly faster Link. Meat boy could make for some extremely fast paced levels, which I think would be super neat-o! One of his costumes could simple be Bandage Girl, or Doctor Fetus.
I personallty think SMBX should focus more on Mario characters
Just turn around and pretend you didn't waste those precious seconds of your life.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:25 am

LemmyKoopa123 wrote: I personallty think SMBX should focus more on Mario characters
But wouldn't it be boring to just have only Mario characters?

Also yeah Simon Belmont would be cool and is not really all like Link same with Gaiden. Just cause all three use a range like sword/rope means they play exactly the same.

But if meat boy gets in would he behave like in his games? Aka die imediatly?

Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:48 am

Characters aren't included for popularity, every one of the SMBX2 characters is designed to facilitate a style of gameplay that the original 5 couldn't provide (though some more successfully than others). Zelda is built for puzzles, Bowser is about resource management, Snake about stealth, Klonoa about crowd control, etc. They're not selected randomly, and while we could just take out less well known characters and replace them with the standard fare of easily recognisable characters, the selection would be less interesting for it. Yes Lloyd Irving, Simon Belmont and Gaiden aren't exactly the same, but they all have similar abilities, and would facilitate the same gameplay style. This is the reason Yoshi is a costume for Klonoa rather than a separate character - they're not identical, but they're both about manipulating enemies to aid momentum.

1AmPlayer
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: I'm a hellspawn.
Current Project: Mega Man NPC Pack (and more)
Chat Username: IAmPlayer

Postby 1AmPlayer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:27 am

Hoeloe wrote:Characters aren't included for popularity, every one of the SMBX2 characters is designed to facilitate a style of gameplay that the original 5 couldn't provide (though some more successfully than others). Zelda is built for puzzles, Bowser is about resource management, Snake about stealth, Klonoa about crowd control, etc. They're not selected randomly, and while we could just take out less well known characters and replace them with the standard fare of easily recognisable characters, the selection would be less interesting for it. Yes Lloyd Irving, Simon Belmont and Gaiden aren't exactly the same, but they all have similar abilities, and would facilitate the same gameplay style. This is the reason Yoshi is a costume for Klonoa rather than a separate character - they're not identical, but they're both about manipulating enemies to aid momentum.
So, how about Zero from MMZ? He could be designed for fast-paced combat. Just like Megaman.

Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:10 am

1AmPlayer wrote:Just like Megaman.
That's why not.

xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji

Postby xDestroy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:53 pm

If yoshi becomes a playable character, then how will he get on the yoshi?
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
no

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:21 pm

xDestroy wrote:If yoshi becomes a playable character, then how will he get on the yoshi?
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yoshi gets to ride on Mario and Luigi instead of a yoshi.

1AmPlayer
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: I'm a hellspawn.
Current Project: Mega Man NPC Pack (and more)
Chat Username: IAmPlayer

Postby 1AmPlayer » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Mable wrote:
xDestroy wrote:If yoshi becomes a playable character, then how will he get on the yoshi?
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Yoshi gets to ride on Mario and Luigi instead of a yoshi.
Damn... that's just cruel.

Enderfan
Bit
Bit

Postby Enderfan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:19 am

Mable wrote:
LemmyKoopa123 wrote: I personallty think SMBX should focus more on Mario characters
But wouldn't it be boring to just have only Mario characters?

Also yeah Simon Belmont would be cool and is not really all like Link same with Gaiden. Just cause all three use a range like sword/rope means they play exactly the same.

But if meat boy gets in would he behave like in his games? Aka die imediatly?
Some other characters, but mainly Mario characters seems perfect to me

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:39 am

Altought that's not that of a reason I do respect your opinion on that.

Return to “General”