The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints (Judge Scores In!)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
User avatar
Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Posts: 1295
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:53 am
Current Project: https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... hp?t=16308

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby Radiance » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:26 am

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:I wish I could play the No Checkpoints Contest right now, but I couldn't for 2 reasons:
  • My Windows 7 laptop is so fucked-up, it makes SMBX 2.0 crashes whenever I tried to select & play a episode! (But I can go to the level editor though..) So I might need to save up for a new gaming laptop.
  • I bet some of the contest levels are "Convoy no Nazo" hard. Especially with the "No Checkpoint" rule. :P
All but one level are not difficult to finish

User avatar
Oshi
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 pm
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby Oshi » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:16 pm

PixelPest wrote: Also, the levels aren't even released, though due to the fact that most of the judges haven't even started I'm considering just releasing my level anyway since this contest is basically doomed
I'm actually going to post my level now because there's literally no point in waiting anymore.
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
Spoiler: show
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show
Image
Image

User avatar
xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 854
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:16 pm
Flair: shut the fuck up
Current Project: shut the fuck up
Chat Username: BALLS
Contact:

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby xDestroy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Musicality_Minister45 wrote:
PixelPest wrote: Also, the levels aren't even released, though due to the fact that most of the judges haven't even started I'm considering just releasing my level anyway since this contest is basically doomed
I'm actually going to post my level now because there's literally no point in waiting anymore.
Bro, the deadline was a LONG time ago, i don't think it will be accepted.
no

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby PixelPest » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:57 am

xDestroy wrote:
Musicality_Minister45 wrote:
PixelPest wrote: Also, the levels aren't even released, though due to the fact that most of the judges haven't even started I'm considering just releasing my level anyway since this contest is basically doomed
I'm actually going to post my level now because there's literally no point in waiting anymore.
Bro, the deadline was a LONG time ago, i don't think it will be accepted.
Musicality said "post", not "submit", I assume with the intention to post a submitted level on the Levels forum

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby mariogeek2 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:25 pm

Hey guys. I guess this is kind of an update/inquiry.

I still haven't received level reviews except for those from Mr. Briney (Thanks, man :D ) and one from Just_smbx_fan.

If you guys are still interested, and the judges are still interested, I guess we could finish the contest. If you guys aren't, or the judges aren't, I guess I could just officially call the contest dead and release the levels publicly (If the participants don't mind). The decision is literally up to you guys.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6269
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:57 am

mariogeek2 wrote:Hey guys. I guess this is kind of an update/inquiry.

I still haven't received level reviews except for those from Mr. Briney (Thanks, man :D ) and one from Just_smbx_fan.

If you guys are still interested, and the judges are still interested, I guess we could finish the contest. If you guys aren't, or the judges aren't, I guess I could just officially call the contest dead and release the levels publicly (If the participants don't mind). The decision is literally up to you guys.
Now that Christmas is over and The Dino King sent me the levels, (I just got the levels around 24 hours ago, give or take.) I can start juding on December 29 or so. (Family stuff these two days.) So with that said, I should be done on December 29th or December 30th if all goes well to plan.

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby mariogeek2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:14 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Now that Christmas is over and The Dino King sent me the levels, (I just got the levels around 24 hours ago, give or take.) I can start juding on December 29 or so. (Family stuff these two days.) So with that said, I should be done on December 29th or December 30th if all goes well to plan.
Okay, that's great! Thanks :D
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6269
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:59 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Now that Christmas is over and The Dino King sent me the levels, (I just got the levels around 24 hours ago, give or take.) I can start juding on December 29 or so. (Family stuff these two days.) So with that said, I should be done on December 29th or December 30th if all goes well to plan.
Okay, that's great! Thanks :D
Remember, the only reason I have not judged yet is because I never got the levels.

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby mariogeek2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:09 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Now that Christmas is over and The Dino King sent me the levels, (I just got the levels around 24 hours ago, give or take.) I can start juding on December 29 or so. (Family stuff these two days.) So with that said, I should be done on December 29th or December 30th if all goes well to plan.
Okay, that's great! Thanks :D
Remember, the only reason I have not judged yet is because I never got the levels.
Sorry about that. But the reason I didn't send you the levels again is because I assumed you could've just redownloaded the levels from the download link in the PM I sent all the judges.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6269
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:28 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote: Okay, that's great! Thanks :D
Remember, the only reason I have not judged yet is because I never got the levels.
Sorry about that. But the reason I didn't send you the levels again is because I assumed you could've just redownloaded the levels from the download link in the PM I sent all the judges.
I never found that PM.

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby mariogeek2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:31 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:Sorry about that. But the reason I didn't send you the levels again is because I assumed you could've just redownloaded the levels from the download link in the PM I sent all the judges.
I never found that PM.
That's odd. I had you listed as a recipient in the PM:
Spoiler: show
redacted
Last edited by mariogeek2 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6269
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:42 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:Sorry about that. But the reason I didn't send you the levels again is because I assumed you could've just redownloaded the levels from the download link in the PM I sent all the judges.
I never found that PM.
That's odd. I had you listed as a recipient in the PM:
<image Redacted>
Now everyone has the levels, or the link to the levels with that screenshot.

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:37 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
mariogeek2 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote: I never found that PM.
That's odd. I had you listed as a recipient in the PM:
<image Redacted>
Now everyone has the levels, or the link to the levels with that screenshot.
Crap. That didn't cross my mind. And, actually, they're missing a level. I forgot to include a level in the download, had to PM all the judges with the DL for the missing one.

Thanks for pointing that one out, MechDragon. :D

I don't know what I'd do without you friend.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 854
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:16 pm
Flair: shut the fuck up
Current Project: shut the fuck up
Chat Username: BALLS
Contact:

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby xDestroy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:41 pm

Can i make the episode please?
no

TDK
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1384
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:26 pm

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby TDK » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:45 am

Since this contest is dead.
Here are the levels: http://www.mediafire.com/file/23mi6td10 ... Levels.zip

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6269
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:49 am

TheDinoKing wrote:Since this contest is dead.
Here are the levels: http://www.mediafire.com/file/23mi6td10 ... Levels.zip
I am just now getting the levels though to judge them. (Since I for some reason could not find the PM to get them.)

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby mariogeek2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:03 pm

xDestroy wrote:Can i make the episode please?
I was actually planning on making it. My plans are to make a giant contest episode that's an accumulation of all the contests, probably up to #5. I'm sure we could collab on it, bro! :)
TheDinoKing wrote:Since this contest is dead.
Here are the levels: http://www.mediafire.com/file/23mi6td10 ... Levels.zip
I'm not really mad, but I wish you would have discussed that with me first. I mean, I've gotten the feeling it's kinda dead too, but Mr. Briney/Radiance has submitted his reviews, and MECHDRAGON777 is working on his right now (He didn't get my pm with the lvls dl, oddly enough, so I had to resend him the levels). I've just been waiting on the other judges.

(P.S., you guys don't have to send me any reviews if you don't want to work on them. I'll probably just post Radiance's and Mechdragon's reviews, and call it done. If you do want to still review them, I'd be really happy to get them :D )

All right, I think that's just about everything I need to say. I guess it's just up to everyone else how this contest goes from here.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Posts: 1295
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:53 am
Current Project: https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... hp?t=16308

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby Radiance » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:29 am

mariogeek2 wrote:I'll probably just post Radiance's and Mechdragon's reviews, and call it done.
I was to post my reviews here when I saw this lol

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby PixelPest » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:19 am

I'll send mine in today if I remember. I was waiting for Mech.

EDIT: Sent in my reviews

User avatar
xDestroy
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 854
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:16 pm
Flair: shut the fuck up
Current Project: shut the fuck up
Chat Username: BALLS
Contact:

Re: The Restricted Ruleset Contest 2 - No Checkpoints

Postby xDestroy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:26 pm

mariogeek2 wrote:
xDestroy wrote:Can i make the episode please?
I was actually planning on making it. My plans are to make a giant contest episode that's an accumulation of all the contests, probably up to #5. I'm sure we could collab on it, bro! :)
That would be way to big of a episode though, and as well; you should post a episode for the contest before the next contest
no


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests