SMBX popularity

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Wolfexer
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Current Project: Super Mario X. The Grand Quest
Chat Username: Wolfexer

SMBX popularity

Postby Wolfexer » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:45 am

Well it's been a lot for smbx, it even got closed once. Popularity of the game decreased a lot, even tough there is a lot of youtubers playing it and lots of forums. As time passes less episodes are being made.What can we do to stop this, and why is it happening? Well im going to make new episode soon btw. This is my new account beacuse my old account got deleted, i don't know why. What do you think about this ?
Super Mario X. The Grand Quest
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=17289

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Re: SMBX popularity

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:51 am

I don't think SMBX's popularity is falling. There's still a lot of episodes being made, and the community is still going strong. I'm definetly not afraid of SMBX's future!

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:10 am

2.0 is the big thing now. It may be true that less episodes are coming, but still there's enough quality episodes coming. I'm still busy with playing!
Wolfexer wrote:This is my new account beacuse my old account got deleted, i don't know why.
Maybe you never posted on your first account (pruning).
Last edited by Cedur on Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:10 am

Do you have facts to back up any of these assumptions you're making? (Aside from the closing down cause everyone knows about that)
The ABC of Creation

Wolfexer
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Wolfexer » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:27 am

Supershroom wrote:2.0 is the big thing now. It may be true that less episodes are coming, but still there's enough quality episodes coming. I'm still busy with playing!
Wolfexer wrote:This is my new account beacuse my old account got deleted, i don't know why.
Maybe you never posted on your first account (pruning).
I did multiple times, in fact i even made an episode before, and had one WIP project, and yes i posted in correct places.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:13 am

How was your account called?

Besides, good luck with your projects!
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:35 pm

I can definitely see the decrease in SMBX's popularity, but I think with SMBX 2.0 being worked on, not a lot of people want to dedicate a year to work on an episode, only to have a new version release mid-project. I think there's a lot of potential for episodes to be created, it's just that people want to do it on their own, and while that's fine, I think people need to start working together on episodes, make it a team project. I think a contest encouraging teamwork might do some good, but it would definitely have to be worked out.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

Wolfexer
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Wolfexer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:37 am

Syndrilevosse wrote:I can definitely see the decrease in SMBX's popularity, but I think with SMBX 2.0 being worked on, not a lot of people want to dedicate a year to work on an episode, only to have a new version release mid-project. I think there's a lot of potential for episodes to be created, it's just that people want to do it on their own, and while that's fine, I think people need to start working together on episodes, make it a team project. I think a contest encouraging teamwork might do some good, but it would definitely have to be worked out.
Oh that actually might be the reason. Didn't think about it.
And about teamwork project, that's a really good idea!
Maybe i could participate in one.
Supershroom wrote:How was your account called?
Besides, good luck with your projects!
My account was called either PieceofFU or sebastianxy70
These are my only nicknames i use.
Enjl wrote:Do you have facts to back up any of these assumptions you're making? (Aside from the closing down cause everyone knows about that)
Well just look at the episodes on the forum and the dates they were posted, times between relases increased like 2 times

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: super mario timeline
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Postby Rhosty » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:43 am

Wolfexer wrote:
Enjl wrote:Do you have facts to back up any of these assumptions you're making? (Aside from the closing down cause everyone knows about that)
Well just look at the episodes on the forum and the dates they were posted, times between relases increased like 2 times
How did this site get closed down, was it a surplus of new users, a copyright complaint notice from Nintendo, bot spam? etc.

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account
I have selective mutism and quite possibly Asperger's

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:57 am

practicalshorty014 wrote:
Wolfexer wrote:
How did this site get closed down, was it a surplus of new users, a copyright complaint notice from Nintendo, bot spam? etc.
Which one, the original forums by Redigit, or this one?
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:57 am

Wolfexer wrote:
Before judging from that, take into account that in 2014 there were reposts from old episodes and that recently the projects forum got reorganised to require more posting information, slowing down on the number of new project threads. Besides that, nowadays there seem to be more people working on big episodes, which is a very ambitious task and contributes to a shrinking number of projects. Point is, less episodes being completed doesn't directly correlate to a drop in popularity without considering other variables like this.
One thing I CAN see, however, is a shrinking number of levels being posted for some reason. What happened to that?
The ABC of Creation

AlphaFenix
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby AlphaFenix » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:16 am

I think that after SMBX was discontinued , the community decrased a little, but the community still is strong, and SMBX 2.0 i'll be released soon...May be that the popularity increases...well...only the future will tell.

My project!

Catskart
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Catskart » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:38 pm

With SMBX 38A and 2.0 his popularity doesn't fall.

RPG_Magician
Pokey
Pokey

Postby RPG_Magician » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Enjl wrote: One thing I CAN see, however, is a shrinking number of levels being posted for some reason. What happened to that?
Isn't this because people put all of their levels into one thread? I was under the assumption you had to put your levels into one thread. Although I could be (most likely) wrong on this.
Image Image

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:35 pm

I think that once SMBX 2.0 is finished and released, its popularity will skyrocket if it's publicized enough.
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

darkhog
Rex
Rex
Current Project: something grand...
Chat Username: Darkhog

Postby darkhog » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:11 pm

JupiHornet wrote:I think that once SMBX 2.0 is finished and released, Nintendo will quickly C&D it if it's publicized enough.
FTFY.

Seriously though, I don't think we're on the verge of collapse. Community seems healthy, people are posting and frankly there are enough levels/episodes to last several lifetimes, probably even more since I bet there are some levels/episodes that aren't on these forums but e.g. only on rpgmaker.net, gamejolt or other sites. In other words, SMBX is popular enough.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:30 am

I don't think that SMBX has become less popular.
The seemingly decreasing levels may just be because they are in one thread. @Enjl, did you look in the threads? You have to put all your levels in one thread now. Also stricter rules in the projects forum now mean that less projects are posted and it takes longer to be able to make a valid thread for your project. It also means that more has to be done by yourself, only slowing down the process of making episodes more (there are other ways of getting teams to work on a project, but project threads are the best way I know of). Also 2.0 could be the reason why things are how they are right now.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Postby mechamind » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:33 pm

I do agree that keeping levels in one thread would slow things down a bit. However, I also think ordinary people who want to download the game care mostly about whole episodes, even if super short.

I didn't start thinking about Mario themed forums until mid-2014, even though I knew about the game SMBX since 2009 (I don't remember which version, but it was before 1.2 came out).
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

Return to “General”