Long episodes like Airship Attack?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
stario
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:34 am

Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby stario » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:16 pm

Someone can tell me long episodes, such as the Airship Attack? Thank you! :)
I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
I am also available in Mario Forever Forum (you need login or register): http://marioforeverforum.boards.net/user/171

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3445
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar
Contact:

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby HeroLinik » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:29 pm

stario wrote:Someone can tell me long episodes, such as the Airship Attack? Thank you! :)
Super Mario Star Expedition has quite a lot of replayability. You can go and hunt out all 180 stars in that episode.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby Danny » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:42 pm

Luigi's Fight for the Mushroom Kingdom was kind of a long episode, if it's still around. While good, I think people give SMSE way too much credit.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6380
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby Cedur » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Star Expedition is my favorite episode after all, as I've already told. It does a strong job at combining classic Mario elements with fancy custom graphics, and the episode is following a lovely common thread in general. Not just standalone levels, but everything sticks together.

LFftMK was also super enjoyable, despite a few difficult levels being a bit annoying.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
bossedit8
Banned
Posts: 6846
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:14 pm

Go with Star Expedition and LFFTMK for a long Episode to play. They're fun and challenging to play. Also funny how you pick my episode for being one of the longest episodes to play since yes it does contain over 170 levels and such.

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6269
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:00 am

MaGLX2 is the longest made and that is a contest compilation. 272 entries, the 32 MaFab levels are included in the hub, and their is a post game that requires 100% of the stars to access.

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6380
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby Cedur » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:13 am

Shinbison-Kof's "The Restoration" is also a very large episode. Sednaiur's Lowser's Conquest also will be once it's finished.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
bossedit8
Banned
Posts: 6846
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:42 am

Newer Super Mario World contains over 100 levels but that episode as a topic got wiped out back then... but I still have it on my database but it's also my first SMBX Episode ever created so it's not the best.

User avatar
Devan2002
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:46 am
Chat Username: Devan2002

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby Devan2002 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:38 pm

I am working on a very long project. I'll probably finish it by the end of 2017 or even in 2018 if it takes that long.
It's kinda sad to see that there aren't many episodes based on Link being the main protagonist. Hopefully I can see more in the future, because LoZ was one of my favorite franchises. ;)
Image

You can always give me ideas on my projects, so don't hold them in.

I am the nerd of video games. :ugeek:
What is my life: show
Image
Supported Projects: show
Image
ImageImage
I support these projects. :mrgreen:
Also, have an adorable image of Budew.
Image
Legend of Zelda X: My project: show
Image

User avatar
pixelgegner
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby pixelgegner » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:02 pm

bossedit8 wrote:Newer Super Mario World contains over 100 levels but that episode as a topic got wiped out back then... but I still have it on my database but it's also my first SMBX Episode ever created so it's not the best.

I'm so willing to play it, but all dl-links on the www are broken after so many years passed by...
It would appreciate a re-upload of this episode, no matter what!

:mrgreen:

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2465
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: super mario timeline
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby Rhosty » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:26 pm

pixelgegner wrote:
bossedit8 wrote:Newer Super Mario World contains over 100 levels but that episode as a topic got wiped out back then... but I still have it on my database but it's also my first SMBX Episode ever created so it's not the best.

I'm so willing to play it, but all dl-links on the www are broken after so many years passed by...
It would appreciate a re-upload of this episode, no matter what!

:mrgreen:
But how would he re-upload it? In the Episodes forum? I'm pretty sure he's just going to leave the way it is on his databank. And even if he were to re-upload his episode, he still said that it was his first one, and that it's not the best one he's made. My point is, why would he want to put this episode back on the site when he's made better ones?

Image

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account
I have selective mutism and quite possibly Asperger's

User avatar
bossedit8
Banned
Posts: 6846
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:37 am

I mean I could upload it but the problem is that it's quite old, has very simple designs to it and also the whole game is in german. I might reupload it in the future but I don't know what others will feel like it when I do that since most of the levels are very simple and then too many repetitive bosses to deal with.

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6269
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:53 pm

bossedit8 wrote:I mean I could upload it but the problem is that it's quite old, has very simple designs to it and also the whole game is in german. I might reupload it in the future but I don't know what others will feel like it when I do that since most of the levels are very simple and then too many repetitive bosses to deal with.
I may have the English version in my files.

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

User avatar
bossedit8
Banned
Posts: 6846
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:03 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I may have the English version in my files.
And that also might be one of the even older versions of the English version because not everything is fully translated because it was rushed as in most of the text ingame are still german and some english words are wrong.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2465
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: super mario timeline
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby Rhosty » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:32 pm

bossedit8 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I may have the English version in my files.
And that also might be one of the even older versions of the English version because not everything is fully translated because it was rushed as in most of the text ingame are still german and some english words are wrong.
So does that mean no New Super Mario World? Because we won't be able to see the whole thing in English?

Image

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account
I have selective mutism and quite possibly Asperger's

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6269
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:28 am

practicalshorty014 wrote:
bossedit8 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I may have the English version in my files.
And that also might be one of the even older versions of the English version because not everything is fully translated because it was rushed as in most of the text ingame are still german and some english words are wrong.
So does that mean no New Super Mario World? Because we won't be able to see the whole thing in English?
Depends if bossedit8 is okay with me uploading this:
Image

ImageImageImage
Image

Image

User avatar
bossedit8
Banned
Posts: 6846
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: Long episodes like Airship Attack?

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:53 am

I'd rather upload that SMBX Episode by myself whenever I get to it but thanks anyway. I'd rather have my own ways of getting things done since I have my own rights to my own created contents if you know what I mean.

Anyway, about long episodes, not sure if either SMB: A New Beginning, Mario Classic and The New Great Castle Adventure counts since they do are long but probably not as long as Airship Attack.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests