Haunted Contest 2 (Spooky Results)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Super Mario Channel
Bit
Bit

Re: Haunted Contest 2 (Deadline October 21st)

Postby Super Mario Channel » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:33 am

It'll been cooler if the DEADline was Oct. 31st
... ... ... ... ...
Someone in the audience is coughing...
Five groans are heard...
... ... COUGH! COUGH!...
... ... ...
Sorry for... that.
Well, anyways, I guess... maybe... yeah.
I'll join!
DELETE THIS ACCOUNT PLZ

PROX
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: PROX

Postby PROX » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:41 pm

I'm pretty sure almost everyone has it at this point lol
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

Please do not use my stuff until I release it. Thank you.

Collab Project I'm working on:

My Graphics Pack:

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:42 pm

Might make something, in.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:23 pm

Mr Briney wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Linik wrote: Beta 3 has new NPCs in it, like the Boo Buddy Snake and Magikoopa. That's basically forcing everyone to download it just so they can play a few levels that use those new NPCs. Also, this is considering that beta 3 released right in the middle of this contest, so some people will have to rework their levels entirely just to fit in those NPCs, and we know how much of a pain it can be.
List of judges that have beta three and told me or showed me they have it:
bossedit8
Castlewars
Prox
Me
People that may have it, bit we do not know if they have it:
TheTwompKing

So basically, only the host would have to download it. Also, the pre-release was released before this contest announced.
PROX, MECHDRAGON777, and Linik has SMBX 2.0. If anyone of them will submit a level, then I'll be forced to download it then. :lol:
The same could be said about bossedit8.

ImageImageImage

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario Country

Postby The Thwomp King » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:34 am

Super Mario Channel wrote:It'll been cooler if the DEADline was Oct. 31st
... ... ... ... ...
Someone in the audience is coughing...
Five groans are heard...
... ... COUGH! COUGH!...
... ... ...
Sorry for... that.
Well, anyways, I guess... maybe... yeah.
I'll join!
Deadline will stay as is unless the action to push it is absolutely necessary.

Also as another rule I'll add sometime soon to the list, no videos included in level files. It causes sending the files to be overly massive.

Check out my current project, Super Mario Country:

Jacob Turbo
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Crashing this plane

Postby Jacob Turbo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:20 pm

I would like to enter, please.

litchh
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby litchh » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:44 pm

I created a level. I gonna submit it near deadline, if I don't create something better.

dragonfan96
Ninji
Ninji

Postby dragonfan96 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:56 pm

Ill take a crack into this,

I think i gotten some good ideas for a level, Perfect for the halloween spirit ;)

Add me to dat list ;)
-Community Contest Results-
CC9- Placed 46th 5.36/10 Sands of Time Tier 3
CC11- Placed 51st 5.72/10 Volcanic Panic Tier 5

You can Find Me Here forums.OmegaRealm.com
On the MC server omegarealm.com (play.omegarealm.com)
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi8FMZ ... MJe94tH2Yw

mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Postby mariogeek2 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:48 pm

Hey dragonfan96. Been a while since I seen you.
Spoiler: show
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:08 pm

Kinda forgot about this, but I'll still hopefully finish something. Also:
The Thwomp King wrote:
  • The judges mustn't know which level you made. You may not reveal any details about the level to the public before the judges are done judging all the levels. This includes showing screenshots of the level prior to this announcement. You may not submit a level that you've posted screenshots of, or videos for that matter. And you can't say which level you made.
Is this still applicable if you put the level creators' names in with all of the levels? It would be a shame especially for this contest since I actually want to post my level on Hallowe’en, and at the rate of the Structure Level Contest judging, I doubt it will be done by then for this contest

The Thwomp King
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario Country

Postby The Thwomp King » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:15 am

PixelPest wrote:Kinda forgot about this, but I'll still hopefully finish something. Also:
The Thwomp King wrote:
  • The judges mustn't know which level you made. You may not reveal any details about the level to the public before the judges are done judging all the levels. This includes showing screenshots of the level prior to this announcement. You may not submit a level that you've posted screenshots of, or videos for that matter. And you can't say which level you made.
Is this still applicable if you put the level creators' names in with all of the levels? It would be a shame especially for this contest since I actually want to post my level on Hallowe’en, and at the rate of the Structure Level Contest judging, I doubt it will be done by then for this contest
I knew this would be questioned eventually, revealing my judging process too. XP
Yes it's applicable. Seeing as though my lineup for judges has been relatively consistent, it's given that the judges are to review levels before seeing who made what. No issues have been addressed and bias reviews are not an issue (not saying they never have happened before, but clearly there's no major issue regarding them).

No need to mock my contest reviewing speeds, especially coming from you partaking in a few of my contest as a contestant and a judge. My judges have been fine with the speed of reviews, so the fault is solely on me. If you were in my shoes you wouldn't be as active either. Computer time for me is spent solely on my work for the past couple weeks for classes and will continue to be so until I find time to dedicate to my reviews (which will be done soon). The results will be released before the deadline, so thanks for the doubt.

Check out my current project, Super Mario Country:

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:52 am

I'm not mocking it. I'm just wondering, will the reviews be done within 10 days, because if not, I don't want to submit my level

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:52 am

The Thwomp King wrote:
PixelPest wrote:Kinda forgot about this, but I'll still hopefully finish something. Also:
The Thwomp King wrote:
I knew this would be questioned eventually, revealing my judging process too. XP
Yes it's applicable. Seeing as though my lineup for judges has been relatively consistent, it's given that the judges are to review levels before seeing who made what. No issues have been addressed and bias reviews are not an issue (not saying they never have happened before, but clearly there's no major issue regarding them).

No need to mock my contest reviewing speeds, especially coming from you partaking in a few of my contest as a contestant and a judge. My judges have been fine with the speed of reviews, so the fault is solely on me. If you were in my shoes you wouldn't be as active either. Computer time for me is spent solely on my work for the past couple weeks for classes and will continue to be so until I find time to dedicate to my reviews (which will be done soon). The results will be released before the deadline, so thanks for the doubt.
To be honest, I think you've been putting too much pressure on yourself with all these contests, especially if you don't have time to judge the levels due to real life stuff. Maybe you should take a break from the contests for a while?
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:37 pm

JupiHornet wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote:

To be honest, I think you've been putting too much pressure on yourself with all these contests, especially if you don't have time to judge the levels due to real life stuff. Maybe you should take a break from the contests for a while?
That or do what you do when another judge does not finish by a deadline. My review style has always been to do the fastest fair reviews, so yeah. I was hoping to see my results on my birthday (today) but oh well. Hope your collage work goes well.

ImageImageImage

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:57 pm

I'm almost finished my level...is anyone else still going?

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:28 pm

PixelPest wrote:I'm almost finished my level...is anyone else still going?
I am 25 % done, have not worked on it since September 21st.

ImageImageImage

RPG_Magician
Pokey
Pokey

Postby RPG_Magician » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:38 am

I'm pretty much done with mine. Just been waiting till someone pms theirs first.
Image Image

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Current Project: Howling
Chat Username: Alagirez

Postby WerewolfGD » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:29 am

I finished my entry time to submit it
Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Postby mariogeek2 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:05 pm

I've worked on mine very minimally. Yay, for procrastination.
Spoiler: show
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Current Project: Howling
Chat Username: Alagirez

Postby WerewolfGD » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:08 am

Submitted my lvl
Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

Return to “General”