Violation of these rules will result in disqualification.
- The judges mustn't know which level you made. You may not reveal any details about the level to the public before the judges are done judging all the levels. This includes showing screenshots of the level prior to this announcement. You may not submit a level that you've posted screenshots of, or videos for that matter. And you can't say which level you made.
- You may only submit one level. If it's an accident, we'll just drop the extra level but if you submit a second level under another name, both levels will be disqualified.
- The level has to be made by you and you alone.
- You must submit the level before the deadline. If you submit after the deadline you will automatically get 2 points off your score after all scores are averaged together for your level.
- You must inform us what characters can or cannot be used in the level.
- The level cannot end to other than a Star (SMW or SMB3) and it can't have more than three.
- The level can't end the game.
- Don't put the .lvl or the music in the graphics folder.
- Do not use music that goes beyond 6 minutes. And this refers to just one song, not all the songs together.
- Levels with unreasonable difficulty will be scored low. Judges are not required to beat levels if they're crazy hard. This is because they often take too much time to complete, they are generally tedious.
- No Joke or Kaizo (as mentioned with difficulty) levels
- Adding a boss is optional
- LUNADLL, LUNA LUA, SMBX 2, PGE, are allowed. No SMBX 1.4 Please include all APIs in the level folder.
- By submitting a level you agree that it will be in a public episode containing all the submissions.
- By submitting a level here, you agree that all scores from judges here will be accounted for if you submit this level to the levels sub-forum. The scores will not be accounted for if you updated the level after the results of the contest are posted. If results don't come three weeks after the deadline, then you may post your level publicly on the level sub-forum if you want to.
- The level you submit must not used in any contests prior to this one. Furthermore the level must not be from a completed episode either as it is already available to the public, and the level must not be revealed to the public in any way, shape, or form.
- Lastly, please test your level!
- The level must involve some sort of haunted theme..
- Jump scares are fair game.
How to submit a level
- Sign up by posting in this topic that you want to participate!
- Put your level in a ZIP along with the optional custom graphics folder and custom music.
- Please don't put the files in another folder before archiving because I will have to move them out afterwards and that's more unnecessary work for me.
- You may include a readme with tips if you want. But if your readme only has credits for graphics or something, please put it in the graphics folder. I only want critical info regarding playing the level next to the levels themselves.
- Submit the level to me through pm. If you submit it to anyone else or post the submission anywhere else it will be disqualified.
- All scores cannot surpass two decimal points. It really shouldn't come to giving a level a rating past that, and you can use one or no decimal points too.
- Do all reviews in order of Entry 1 to the Final Entry This saves me a lot of time when everything is sent to me organized and done in order, so please do this!
- Submit all reviews in either one single text or word document, or you can pm me all the reviews at one (IN ORDER). I will not accept zip files with multiple text files for it becomes tedious work for me to copy and paste everything into a final document of all of the reviews.
- The Backup Judge must only submit reviews of levels made by the judges (in order of entry number still).
- No additional judges or guest judges. If they didn't ask to be a judge and aren't listed as a one of the five, or a backup judge, then their scores will not count for the final result.
- No spoiling reviews or scores before they are posted. You can discuss your reviews after the results have been posted.
The Thwomp King
The Backup Judge
The Contestants Bolded = Submitted
Super Mario Channel
Places 9th-5th Places 4th-1st