PLS add these things

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
DareRNG
Spiny
Spiny
Pronouns: him

PLS add these things

Postby DareRNG » Mon May 16, 2022 4:57 pm

hello, I am new to this chat thing, but have been using SMBX2 for a while, I have composed a list of missing things that I think would be very cool and make the editor feel a little bit more complete, here are the things I think should be added, if you'd be so kind:
1.) smb1 styled buzzy beetles.
2.) smb2 styled red and green birdos
3.) smb3 styled fire and chain chomps
4.) smb2 styled tryclyde
5.) all koopalings, both smb3 and smw styled.
6.) maybe a ninji and eerie algorithm section for when you right click it, because both of these NPC's have two different behaviors. The eerie can move straight or in a sine motion, the ninji can jump in place or chase you.
7.) smw styled bowser in a clown car.
8.) most importantly, maybe if you could add the smb1 styled flagpole that would be cool because I like smb1 style the most... I guess...
9.) also maybe the smb3 frog suit
10.) the smw ghost house stair blocks are missing... You know, the stairs... and like... you walk diagonally up them... and there in super Mario world... in ghost houses... and there cool... and I wanted them...
11.) also maybe upside down smb1 styled piranha plants...
12.) sorry I keep editing this, but theses things just keep coming to my mind... also maybe red smb1 piranha plants...
13.) I think it would be neat if you could right click an NPC, and there would be a "drop" section, so if you defeated it, it would drop the targeted NPC.
14.) smb3 sun that drops in a U shape at you.
15.) smb3 brick goombas that jump, I dont know what there names are.
16.) para goombas with a trail of micro goombas
17.) those squid guys with a trail of micro squids
18.) the big cheep cheep from smb3
19.) micro cheep cheeps
20.) all the smb1, smb2, smb3 and smw level backgrounds, currently there are quite a few missing... I guess...

deice
Spike
Spike

Re: PLS add these things

Postby deice » Tue May 17, 2022 7:36 am

most modest feature request thread

DareRNG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby DareRNG » Tue May 17, 2022 11:33 am

Im sorry...

Added in 1 minute 28 seconds:
also the diagonal ropes in smw are missing... but I am sorry...

Added in 1 minute 41 seconds:
am I late for the 2022 level contest? I only just found out that I could make an account and post levels...

Added in 4 minutes 12 seconds:
also it would be neat if all the cave blocks of all the different colors were available to use in smw that would be cool. Theres like what? grey, bronzish, yellow, greenish... that would be pretty pog if you could have the yellow cave blocks that move up and down... poggers

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Tue May 17, 2022 12:09 pm

Welcome! Thanks for your suggestions. We JUST held a vote on new stage elements to add to SMBX2 which you may have missed by a few weeks. Check out the results here: viewtopic.php?f=106&t=27985
These NPCs will be available in the next version.

The currently ongoing vanilla contest is still accepting submissions until the date specified in the first post. Make sure to give the thread a read. viewtopic.php?f=114&t=27969

As for your inquiries, I'll try my best to address them:
DareRNG wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:57 pm
DareRNG wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 11:40 am
also it would be neat if all the cave blocks of all the different colors were available to use in smw that would be cool
This can easily be accomplished with sprite replacements. You can find custom graphics for these things in the assets archive. viewtopic.php?p=383213#p383213
If you're not sure how to import custom graphics into your levels, make sure to read the first time users guide section on custom graphics: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=10507
DareRNG wrote:
4.) smb2 styled tryclyde
You can find an implementation of the Birdos and Tryclyde in this NPC pack viewtopic.php?f=101&t=27266
Make sure to read the guide on importing NPC packs into your levels viewtopic.php?f=101&t=23744
DareRNG wrote:
Fire chomp: viewtopic.php?f=101&t=25844
Chain chomps: viewtopic.php?f=101&t=25011
DareRNG wrote:
SOME Koopalings have sporadically been done before. For example, Core's extension pack I linked for Tryclyde above also has Wendy. They are generally not very popular, though. Wendy lost in the recent head-to-head vote to Clawgrip by a significant margin, so she won't be included in basegame for the time being. Chances are, more of them will be made over time, but I don't know anyone interested in programming these, so you might have to wait or learn lua yourself for it.
DareRNG wrote:
6.) maybe a ninji and eerie algorithm section for when you right click it, because both of these NPC's have two different behaviors. The eerie can move straight or in a sine motion, the ninji can jump in place or chase you.
The eerie already uses a graph function string field for modulating its y-speed over time. What you describe for Ninjis is best done with different NPC IDs, like how the SMW section has a jumping one and a walking one. I don't see much of a point in adding this as right-click functionality.
DareRNG wrote:
Not sure if anyone did this one before! Maybe for an episode? There is nobody who released it publically, though, so someone has to make it first. Same issue as Koopalings, I suppose.
DareRNG wrote:
8.) most importantly, maybe if you could add the smb1 styled flagpole that would be cool because I like smb1 style the most... I guess...
You can find some implementations of Flagpole in the Lunalua section on this forum. viewtopic.php?p=377520#p377520
DareRNG wrote:
Adding powerups to basegame is currently not possible, and nobody attempted Frog Suit for anotherpowerup.lua or as an override for a built-in powerup before to my knowledge.
DareRNG wrote:
10.) the smw ghost house stair blocks are missing... You know, the stairs... and like... you walk diagonally up them... and there in super Mario world... in ghost houses... and there cool... and I wanted them...
also the diagonal ropes in smw are missing... but I am sorry...
Semisolid slopes are not feasible at the moment. SMBX's collision wasn't made with them in mind. Thus, they are missing. You can find sprites for them in the aforementioned assets archive, though.
DareRNG wrote:
12.) sorry I keep editing this, but theses things just keep coming to my mind... also maybe red smb1 piranha plants...
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=25011
These were selected for auto-inclusion before the aforementioned vote that happened recently. The decision is mentioned in the thread.
DareRNG wrote:
13.) I think it would be neat if you could right click an NPC, and there would be a "drop" section, so if you defeated it, it would drop the targeted NPC.
Already possible, kinda. Read the first time user's guide section on Layers and Events. viewtopic.php?f=105&t=10507
DareRNG wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=25844
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=27126
Boss bass won the vote as well, as you probably read by now if you checked out the vote thread I linked earlier.
viewtopic.php?t=13406
Angry sun is one of the first custom NPCs ever made, so the code is quite old which could cause issues.
DareRNG wrote:
19.) micro cheep cheeps
These haven't been done before. Same deal as with previous ones.
DareRNG wrote:
20.) all the smb1, smb2, smb3 and smw level backgrounds, currently there are quite a few missing... I guess...
You can check out the assets archive for this as well.

DareRNG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby DareRNG » Tue May 17, 2022 12:28 pm

THATS SO COOL

Added in 3 minutes 45 seconds:
if I learn how to code, can I help?

deice
Spike
Spike

Postby deice » Tue May 17, 2022 12:32 pm

Enjl wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:09 pm
Semisolid slopes are not feasible at the moment. SMBX's collision wasn't made with them in mind. Thus, they are missing. You can find sprites for them in the aforementioned assets archive, though.
they could try slopes.lua but much like the angry sun it's incredibly outdated and probably pretty buggy.

DareRNG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby DareRNG » Tue May 17, 2022 12:40 pm

does the flagpole in smb1 have any hope? will it be considered in a new update?

Added in 1 minute 47 seconds:
I will swallow a USB stick...

Added in 1 minute 3 seconds:
and get majorly sick...

Added in 6 minutes 17 seconds:
oh, hey! I'm a shy guy! does that mean I'm good?

Added in 1 minute 17 seconds:
is it a good rank? am I a good person?

DareRNG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby DareRNG » Wed May 18, 2022 1:31 pm

thanks so much for these links, I only just figured out how to use them... heh heh... :D

Added in 2 hours 29 minutes 38 seconds:
OK, what numbskull made these packs... or am I the numbskull? They wont work!

Added in 2 minutes 6 seconds:
the graphics and npcs are screwed, the flag on the SMB1 flagpole is just a re-textured smb2 veggie!

Added in 1 minute 16 seconds:
ITS NOT EVEN A LEVEL EXIT!!! IT JUST FALLS RIGHT OFF THE POLE TO THE GROUND!!! HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!

Added in 2 minutes 7 seconds:
I tried for half an hour to get the npc and graphics packs to work and there sprites were only the default "customizable NPC" textures. They didn't move or anything! They just sat there being invisible and hurting you if you accidently walked into them!

Added in 3 minutes 37 seconds:
(you guys really should just add all the npcs and blocks from all the mario advance series because idiots like me that dont know how to import custom graphics or npcs or make custom sprite textures cant even import other peoples outdated, buggy and glitched work that wont even render, or load or behave properly.)

Added in 1 minute 1 second:
WHY!? :cry:

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Wed May 18, 2022 4:13 pm

did you follow the instructions in the stickied topic on how to use npc packs? your description sounds a lot like you made a mistake somewhere.
a screenshot of your level folder might help in debugging the issue. please don't declare other people's work buggy before you got it to work.

DareRNG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby DareRNG » Wed May 18, 2022 4:16 pm

(pls add smb1 flagpole that ACTUALLY WORKS... buzzy beetles... upside down piranha plants... maybe even red piranha plants...)

Added in 1 minute :
oh, maybe I did... :?

Added in 1 minute 15 seconds:
sorry, I got angry... I've been trying scince this morning...

DareRNG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby DareRNG » Wed May 18, 2022 4:19 pm

I KNEW I KILLED IT SOMEHOW!

DareRNG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby DareRNG » Thu May 19, 2022 4:23 pm

SIGHHHH... I cant get this stupid pack to work... (even mario flash has a working flagpole that you dont need to install)

Added in 1 minute :
just smack me upside the head and throw me on the side of the road

Added in 1 minute 29 seconds:
WHATS WITH THIS "yewsh cantsh posht sho shoon aftersh yoursh lasht posht"

DareRNG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby DareRNG » Thu May 19, 2022 4:27 pm

is it a way to stop spammers? smart!

Dragon0307
Blooper
Blooper
Flair: I predicted Minecraft Legends!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Dragon0307 » Thu May 19, 2022 6:01 pm

If the linked flagpole doesn't work, there's another one here.

DisasterMaster
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby DisasterMaster » Thu May 19, 2022 9:30 pm

Enjl wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:09 pm
viewtopic.php?t=13406
Angry sun is one of the first custom NPCs ever made, so the code is quite old which could cause issues.
A newer Angry Sun is in 1AmPlayer’s pack:
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=24994

I’ve used it without issue.
DareRNG wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:26 pm
SIGHHHH... I cant get this stupid pack to work... (even mario flash has a working flagpole that you dont need to install)
There are probably more, but here are the 3 Flagpoles that I know of:

Murphmario’s (within the pack)
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=28020

Core’s
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=26255

BlueStag’s
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=27946

I’ve used all of them without issue. Just keep trying one until you find one that works to your liking.

Just out of curiosity, are you using a version that is not 2.0 (1.3, 1.4.x, SMR, X-Tech)?

DareRNG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby DareRNG » Wed May 25, 2022 12:21 pm

well, its not that it doesnt fit my liking, its just that somehow I keep killing it... I must have done something weird to it, but I dont know what. it wont work at all. and yes, I am using the most recent version of smbx2

luigi 180247108370
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: luigi 180247108370

Postby luigi 180247108370 » Wed May 25, 2022 1:09 pm

DareRNG wrote:
hello, I am new to this chat thing, but have been using SMBX2 for a while, I have composed a list of missing things that I think would be very cool and make the editor feel a little bit more complete, here are the things I think should be added, if you'd be so kind:
4.) smb2 styled tryclyde
19.) micro cheep cheeps
i would like to add
- bowser jr
- bowser with FLAME THROWER
- SMB3 WORLD MAP EDIT
- mario maker 2 things

who can add these to the game SMBX ? :mrgreen: :shock:

POPME
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: I like socializing with people online
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby POPME » Wed May 25, 2022 2:55 pm

luigi 180247108370 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:09 pm
DareRNG wrote:
4.) smb2 styled tryclyde
19.) micro cheep cheeps
i would like to add
- bowser jr
- bowser with FLAME THROWER
- SMB3 WORLD MAP EDIT
- mario maker 2 things

who can add these to the game SMBX ? :mrgreen: :shock:
1. I think you can just re-skin Larry Koopa or Ludwig Von Koopa with Bowser Jr sprites, not sure if that's what you want though
2. How do you think the developers are going to realistically add that? What would his attack patterns be? I don't think you can even attempt to answer these questions because this just sounds like you want another boss in the game other than a boss you think is actually missing in SMBX
3. Looks like you want another world map instead of the usual default world map. If you do, you should check out this: viewtopic.php?f=101&t=26919
4. Like what things? You aren't being too specific when you just say "mario maker 2 things"
Last edited by POPME on Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DareRNG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby DareRNG » Thu May 26, 2022 11:30 am

oh whilst were talking about smb3 things that are missing, there are 4 cannons that have been overlooked: the square cannon which is intended to be placed IN the ship, the small cannon that shoots small circle bullets DIAGONALY, the small grey pipe cannon intended to be placed in FRONT of the ship, and the big pipe cannon also intended to be placed in FRONT of the ship.

DareRNG
Spiny
Spiny

Postby DareRNG » Thu May 26, 2022 11:31 am

also, AUTOSCROLL would be a very cool addition, it would make levels actually feel like there REAL

Added in 3 minutes 38 seconds:
maybe also ACTUAL screen effects that nintendo intended for there games, also pls add backgrounds I dont know how to upload my own and ANY of the ******* packs they wont work and my stupid retard of a device always just says: "oohhh you cant extract this file into your .lvlx file ohohohoohooooo" anyways, theres alot of missing, overlooked, or disregarded backgrounds or musics AND MY COMPUTER IS SO STUPID!!! anyway... cough...

Return to “General”