Super Smash Bros. Roster

This is the place for video games!
Garro
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Super Smash Bros. Roster

Postby Garro » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:12 pm

Since we need to start filling the forum with topics. Here are 2 questions for you related to the upcoming Smash game for WiiU and 3DS:
What character from which game would you like to be in Smash?
Who do you think will be into Smash?

If someone hasn't been following Smash updates, here are the announced fighters so far (8/29/2014)
Spoiler: show
-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Peach
*Rosalina
-Yoshi
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-Link
-Zelda
-Sheik
-Toon Link
-Samus
-Zero Suit Samus
-Kirby
-Meta Knight
-King Dedede
-Pikachu
-Lucario
-Charizard
*Greninja
-Fox
-Pit
*Palutena
-Marth
-Ike
*Lucina
*Robin
-Olimar
-Captain Falcon
-Sonic
*Mega Man
*Wii Fit Trainer
*Villager
*Little Mac
*Pac-Man
*Shulk
*Mii Fighters
Last edited by Quill on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Updated the roster.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Re: Super Smash Bros. Roster

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:01 pm

So far I don't see any of my old favorites on the list. AKA Ike and Meta Knight (I just like Meta Knight as a character, the use of Meta Knight itself was mediocre to me).

And I thought Sonic wouldn't be in the next game.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Keddy
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Keddy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:48 pm

I pray to god that Meta Knight returns, if they leave Toon Link in and don't add Meta Knight, I'd probably not buy it, i'll play it, but not buy it. As for my other favourites, Luigi, Link, Marth, and Samus are in it. Although, they haven't added Captain Falcon which is kinda weird since he's been there since to original.
If my grammar ever seems bad, that's because me vale bien y bonito! :v
nya: show

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:46 am

Maybe it would be cool if they could add Birdo to the game! She was in the Mario Kart series and Doki Doki Panic!

ImageImageImage

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:49 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Maybe it would be cool if they could add Birdo to the game! She was in the Mario Kart series and Doki Doki Panic!
The SSB doesn't need anymore Mario characters.

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:51 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Maybe it would be cool if they could add Birdo to the game! She was in the Mario Kart series and Doki Doki Panic!
The SSB doesn't need anymore Mario characters.
Agreed. Would like to see more Zelda characters, except characters like Toon Link, Zelda or whatever. A new villain would be appreciated.

KILROCK
Swooper
Swooper

Postby KILROCK » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:24 pm

We need an F-Zero character. Give Captain Falcon someone to fight, like Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow.

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:44 pm

I think we had enough Mario characters. And of course Meta Knight will be in the game. I have a feeling that the whole roster from the N64 will be back (including Ness, Yoshi, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff). But I think that Yoshi will be announced when they get closer to the release date of either Yarn Yoshi or Yoshi's New Island. But I really that a Kirby stage gets announced really soon due of the close release of Kirby Triple Deluxe in Japan.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:13 pm

Captain Falcon will totally be in it. It's just a matter of when the announcement is, and what kind of changes will be made if any.

I have a feeling Miis will make it in. I don't know if that's separate from the fan petition to include Reggie Fils-Aime as a character, which I doubt will happen but would actually be amusing assuming it could even be a legitimate character. I can imagine spam taunting MY BODY IS READY, but not much else, so I doubt it. However, assuming Miis will make it in, Reggie's face on an alternate coloured Mii would suffice.

I haven't been following the dojo much at all. My favourite addition in there is Mega Man, by far.
I don't expect them to do more than 40 characters this time around, but we'll see.

My predictions:
Mr. Game & Watch
Mii
Captain Falcon
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Falco
Ness
Dedede
Diddy Kong
Jigglypuff
Some other Pokemon
Wario (considering he's had a separate IP from Mario all on his own for a while now)

Those are just predictions, though. The rest are up in the air. I think there will be like 7 other additions besides these and that they will be surprising or at least unexpected... like, I'm not sure of Meta Knight returning considering tournaments banned him due to his move priority. They COULD just rebalance him. We'll see.

I used to be a huge Kirby/Luigi fan in the original game, and then switched to Marth for Melee, and then Luigi for Brawl (and occasionally Toon Link or Lucas). I usually just pick who feels right to play as in the end but I can usually play decently with other characters.

Fatoldsweaty
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Fatoldsweaty » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:41 pm

Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are my best characters followed by Fox and Yoshi so I hope they are all in it, and I bet they will be.
I would think it was awesome if Bionic Commando(Rad Spencer) was in it, but Capcoms already got a big fat head Mega Man in the game so..I doubt they would have Capcom characters from two different franchise..Even though that would be awesome and Rad would fit in to ssb way better than solid snake.

Metal Gear is probably my favorite game series along with Bionic Commando and Mario, but I just didn't feel that snake belonged in ssb, they should have made him look a little less real imo, plus they shouldn't have used big boss's head on mgs2 snake's body, that looked stupid, anyways I am getting side tracked.

I bet that most of the games original cast are in the new one, but you never know with some of the hair-brain decisions Nintendo has been making.

I still like melee for its balance and stability, it seems to me that a large portion of this supposed next gen stuff is really utterly cheap unreliable crap.
Delete my account

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:17 am

I'm kind of worried that Jiggs will not return to Smash 4, although I'm optimistic since she is now Fairy-type, which I'm sure Nintendo would like to show off. Just so you guys know, I'm a quasi-competitive Smash player (I've never actually been to a tournament or anything but I closely follow the competitive scene and subscribe to r/smashbros) who mains Jiggs in Melee and Project M (the Brawl mod that makes it work like Melee, widely considered the fastest and most competitive game in the series).

I will mourn the loss of Snake as well, who was probably the most creative character added in Brawl if not the whole series.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:35 am

Melee was made to appeal to a more hardcore audience, whereas Brawl was more fitted for the general Wii crowd. That's why you might find issues with the balancing. We're hopefully to expect that the new Smash Bros. will bridge the gap between Melee and Brawl and appeal to both worlds.

I'd actually be a bit disappointed if Snake didn't come back, but I wouldn't mind all that much if they came up with a Nintendo character that fitted Snake's unique style. Perhaps a Xenoblade character? Not sure if any would come close, though.
I can imagine an Advance Wars character possibly filling Snake's role, but with some adjustments.

I'm expecting someone like Little Mac to get in, too.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:38 am

Oh yeah, I know who Brawl was made for. I have Brawl and used to play it all the time before I rediscovered the joy of Melee (and then Project M) after becoming familiar with the competitive scene and seeing how much faster it played. I trust that Smash 4 will be awesome and appeal to both sides.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Keddy
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Keddy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:28 pm

I forgot to mention in an earlier post that it would be awesome if they could add Simon Belmont, from Castlevania. Not bad of a suggestion as Nintendo has made recent deals with Konami, Snake, they still own the old Castlevania games. They could reinvent him, and that whip, to be in SBB for Wii U/3DS.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby TLtimelord » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:37 am

I appear to be the only one who wants Jigglypuff out of the roster (with the addition it's one of my most hated videogame character, Pokemon, and anime character. In general, I hate Jigglypuff with a passion).

But there are some I hope get confirmed, like Mr. Game & Watdh, Meta Knight, Ike, Luigi, and MAYBE a replacement for Jiggypuff or Lucario, but I hope they still bring back Lucario anyway, even though they'll probably replace it with some newer generation like it.

Keddy
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Keddy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:56 am

TNTtimelord wrote:I appear to be the only one who wants Jigglypuff out of the roster (with the addition it's one of my most hated videogame character, Pokemon, and anime character. In general, I hate Jigglypuff with a passion).

But there are some I hope get confirmed, like Mr. Game & Watdh, Meta Knight, Ike, Luigi, and MAYBE a replacement for Jiggypuff or Lucario, but I hope they still bring back Lucario anyway, even though they'll probably replace it with some newer generation like it.
Your not alone I hate jigglypuff too. When I first got brawl i said WTF when the game revealed JP as an unlocked character, I mean what a waste of a good character spot.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:02 pm

Well, Jiggs sucks in Brawl, but she's easily top tier in Melee due to her amazing aerial mobility and the fact that she has an absurdly powerful one-frame killing move (Rest). Her punishing ability is extremely good as well since her attacks are so fast. This match really shows off how awesome she can be.

- a spam account, 2016

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:04 am

I'm not overly fond of Jigglypuff but I just just recognize and predict that they're not going to forsake a character that was a part of the original game. I'd still argue that it's fun to play as the most harmless looking character and kick ass.

I'm hoping that there won't be any wasted spots this time around, though that's pretty subjective. When you consider "tiers", there's an enjoyable challenge in playing a generally underpowered or unused character, so that doesn't inherently mean it's wasted. Even if you just don't like the character, that's probably a non-issue when you consider all of the other options available that would better suit your tastes.

Kyogokudo
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Kyogokudo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:01 pm

Magician wrote:Perhaps a Xenoblade character? Not sure if any would come close, though.
That would be great I think, but considering the popularity of Xenoblade I doubt it's going to happen. Shulk could've been there as a character and Bionis/Mekonis for a stage, but I'm just dreaming. However, I think there should be one more Fire Emblem character. Or just changes. With the good selling of Awakening, it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see Ike being replaced by Chrom. (their fighting styles are somewhat similar too) And why not Lucina to replace Marth?
That old shitty level designer.

Yoshibrothers
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Yoshibrothers » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 am

I don't WANT anybody in the roster. I'd just rather let Nintendo surprise us with what they can dish out instead. I do, however, have ideas of who else might make their way in there. Chances are that Ness might make a return due to Earthbound's high popularity on the WiiU's eshop and popularity overall. Wario is also a rather thick chance with the release of Game and Wario last summer. Yoshi is sort of a no-brainer. Not only has he appeared in all Smash Bros. Games to date, but also has a game scheduled to release later this year. I have a feeling that Diddy Kong might slip in due to the release of Tropical Freeze in Februrary, as well as last year's release of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. Lastly, Mewtwo has somewhat of a chance getting into the roster because of his dazzling reappearance in Pokemon X and Y.
I've returned.

Return to “Video Games”