Is Super Mario Maker dead?

This is the place for video games!
User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 524
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Contact:

Is Super Mario Maker dead?

Postby Chanceux2 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:22 pm

Does anyone play SMM? Cus I do!
Last edited by Chanceux2 on Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Posts: 6206
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him
Contact:

Re: IS SMM dead?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:39 pm

I used to, but not anymore
Mario RPG Goals (62% of them Done)
Image Image
Best Quotes: show
8bitmushroom wrote: No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote: That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD, big whoop! Wanna fight about it?

User avatar
Hammerless Penguin
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:17 am
Flair: Just kicking that kirby to the curb!
Contact:

Re: IS SMM dead?

Postby Hammerless Penguin » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:41 pm

With Mario maker 2 out, Its safe to say it’s dead. Hell the entire Wii U in general Is dead. mm2 was the final nail in the coffin.
Check out this big neat project coming soon to smbx2 beta4!
Image

Switch FC: SW-8458-1591-5797

User avatar
Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 6916
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: semi-retired user, only interested in post ranks
Pronouns: he/him

Re: IS SMM dead?

Postby Cedur » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:42 pm

would not be illogical to assume that SMM is being outdated and cut out by SMM2
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
cato
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle
Posts: 443
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:06 am
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression
Contact:

Re: IS SMM dead?

Postby cato » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:53 pm

Depends on its community.

Take an example from Mario Kart Wii, Nintendo shut its server, making the game "dead". But the community made a fan-made server to revive the game.
It is safe to say that SMM is currently not active due to it being outdone by SMM2.
Freedom, Human Rights, Fairness, Democracy, Rule of Law, Righteousness, Courageness, Human Nature, Conscience, Goodwill, Ethics, Beliefs, Hope.

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1477
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Stargard
Contact:

Re: IS SMM dead?

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:46 pm

cato wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:53 pm
Depends on its community.

Take an example from Mario Kart Wii, Nintendo shut its server, making the game "dead". But the community made a fan-made server to revive the game.
It is safe to say that SMM is currently not active due to it being outdone by SMM2.
On that note, why do people still play MK Wii?
I mean, people can play what they want to play, but in this case, 3 other games in the series have been released since (MK 7, 8 and 8 Deluxe)

One person that I know of, Troy, is a MK Wii youtuber and i've never known why he doesn't play any of the recent games that much compared to MK Wii
Image
Image

It is given that x = 5. What is the value of y?

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4615
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: IS SMM dead?

Postby Electriking » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:24 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:46 pm
cato wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:53 pm
Depends on its community.

Take an example from Mario Kart Wii, Nintendo shut its server, making the game "dead". But the community made a fan-made server to revive the game.
It is safe to say that SMM is currently not active due to it being outdone by SMM2.
On that note, why do people still play MK Wii?
I mean, people can play what they want to play, but in this case, 3 other games in the series have been released since (MK 7, 8 and 8 Deluxe)

One person that I know of, Troy, is a MK Wii youtuber and i've never known why he doesn't play any of the recent games that much compared to MK Wii
Probably because Wii has a larger hacking community than the more recent Mario Kart titles, and therefore more hacks and mods available. A larger hacking community also means more research is conducted into the game in question, and so there is more knowledge of how it works, as well as more tools for hacking, which makes the process easier and more user-friendly, attracting more people to the hacking scene for said game. Also, it may come down to personal preference (some people prefer Mario Kart Wii over 7 and 8).

You could extend this question to other games (I.E: why are people still making ROM hacks for SMW, when more recent games exist?) and ultimately end up with the same answer.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.

User avatar
AMinorFlod21
Bit
Bit
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:57 pm
Flair: (v_!O!^) <-Kirb

Re: IS SMM dead?

Postby AMinorFlod21 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:49 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:24 pm
Taycamgame wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:46 pm
cato wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:53 pm
Depends on its community.

Take an example from Mario Kart Wii, Nintendo shut its server, making the game "dead". But the community made a fan-made server to revive the game.
It is safe to say that SMM is currently not active due to it being outdone by SMM2.
On that note, why do people still play MK Wii?
I mean, people can play what they want to play, but in this case, 3 other games in the series have been released since (MK 7, 8 and 8 Deluxe)

One person that I know of, Troy, is a MK Wii youtuber and i've never known why he doesn't play any of the recent games that much compared to MK Wii
Probably because Wii has a larger hacking community than the more recent Mario Kart titles, and therefore more hacks and mods available. A larger hacking community also means more research is conducted into the game in question, and so there is more knowledge of how it works, as well as more tools for hacking, which makes the process easier and more user-friendly, attracting more people to the hacking scene for said game. Also, it may come down to personal preference (some people prefer Mario Kart Wii over 7 and 8).

You could extend this question to other games (I.E: why are people still making ROM hacks for SMW, when more recent games exist?) and ultimately end up with the same answer.
Yeah, I enjoy MKWii alot more, even more after I found out how to install HBrew.

On another note, I think the only reason to play SMM1 is for the Amiibo Costumes, there was pretty much no reason to cut them.
ImageImageImage ImageImage

I made these :) ^ ^ ^

SDA - SMBX
Spike
Spike
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:21 pm
Flair: Legacy Editor FTW, PGE FTL

Re: IS SMM dead?

Postby SDA - SMBX » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:06 pm

I still have SMM. For the 3DS since I've never had money for a Wii U.

(but now I have a Switch with Cuphead on it)
"God damn, why I'm not out of this forum yet?"
Another thing I wanted to add in my signature. GRR...


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests