WTF Gaming moments

This is the place for video games!
thegameseum
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: h
Current Project: a secret project, which is currently on hold for now.
Chat Username: pdizzle

Re: WTF Gaming moments

Postby thegameseum » Wed May 20, 2020 8:50 pm

So, I was playing Paper Mario 64 on my Wii U through Virtual Console. I had pretty much done everything in the game that can be done before the final boss except for one thing: the Chuck Quizmo questions. I was walking through the different towns talking to him in order to answer his questions. I was about to do one in Toad Town, and when I talked to him, the game froze. I had no choice but to turn the system off. When I turned it back on, and opened up Paper Mario 64, I got an error screen. Sadly, it was confirmed to me that the save file is corrupted, and the game can no longer be played. I have absolutely no idea how it happened.
Image Image
walker guy

I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

(GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

I support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed May 27, 2020 5:24 am

So I was playing Dragalia Lost on my phone recently this morning, and this happens:

Everyone started to talk like this in this tweet

Scroll
Mouser
Mouser
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Current Project: The Quest of the Dark Stars
Chat Username: Scroll#6292

Postby Scroll » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:26 pm

When I noticed osu! worked fine in my toaster computer loll

Not an anime fan but I loved the game!

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:33 am

Scroll wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:26 pm

Sounds like a interesting WTF moment to me. ^^"

Nadav
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Nadav » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:41 am

When I play a smbx episode and it has an error and crashes, (I dont know if I really in a wtf mood but still, I think it can fit to this thread.)
Check out my episodes:

Scroll
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Scroll » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:10 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:33 am
Scroll wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:26 pm

Sounds like a interesting WTF moment to me. ^^"
It's not much of a suprise moment, but I never imagined it would work on this 13 year-old computer xD

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:01 am

I was recently playing Chapter 15 of the (Nintendo) published mobile gacha game, Dragalia Lost, and I got to the final boss of this chapter. But the final boss* kept killing off everyone in my Shadow Team with 1 overpowered attack when he's first in his overdrive state. How the fuck am I suppose to stop this attack fast enough?!? And I was playing on Normal difficulty. o_0"

spoiler for Dragalia Lost Chapter 15 Final Boss: show
*The Chapter 15 final boss is Valyx's pact dragon, Thor.

Scroll
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Scroll » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:27 am

I was playing the Super Mario Miracle episode by jaf, doing the concentration challenge in world 3, then my grandma called me for something and it catched me off guard cause I was focused on the game, so I got up of my chair kinda scared and gave the computer a terrible slap by mistake, then it gets a blue screen of death and I was like "God, I shouldn't have done that"

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:02 pm

Recently while I was recording episode 01 of my walkthrough of the SMBX2.0 Autumn Vanilla Level Contest 2019, I accidently softlock myself in 1 of the lowest ranked levels*.

*Hint: It's 1 of the 5 worst levels, and it's not mah level.

Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: waiting on nintendo switch
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Postby Rhosty » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:36 pm

I was attempting to play through Super Mario Galaxy 2, but there were a bunch of problems with the disc.
warning: kinda pretty long: show
When I got to Yoshi Star Galaxy, it was about half way through the opening cutscene, when it showed the "an error has occurred " message. This was on a save file that I had almost beaten, so I played the rest of the galaxies in World 1 with no problem, until I got to Bowser Jr.'s Fiery Floatilla, and just like Yoshi Star, an error message came up during the cutscene. I got frustrated and went to World 2, but the first galaxy, Puzzle Plank, also had this same problem. The rest of the galaxies worked fine. Tall Trunk Galaxy in World 3 wouldn't work as well, and there was a pattern with the Bowser Jr. fortresses not working. World 4 and World S were weird because none of the levels had any error messages. World 5 was a little different because the Bowser Jr. fortress didn't work, but the Fleet Glide Galaxy did to some extent; it was playable for a couple minutes, but then instead of a black screen with the error message, it showed a red box with "unable to read disc" on it. I've tried cleaning the disc by putting toothpaste, peanut butter, and evening Windex on it, but it showed the same results. I pretty much gave up all together because I deleted the orignal save file, and now I really can't play it. I decided the disc was defective, because: A. It was scratched, B. It didn't even come in its own case, it was in a Pokemon Battle Revolution case, which is what game I thought I got. I had got this game at a Gamestop in a mall, so that was probably a reason for the carelessness. At least check that the fucking game is in the right case and actually works.

Return to “Video Games”