This is the place for video games!
underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab

Re: Pokémon Topic

Postby underFlo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:53 am

Meanwhile I finished the games with about 40 hours of playtime, gdi quill

Overall I really like Sun and Moon and how they implemented the plot into the gameplay by, say, making you care about the cover legendary or making the Ultra Beasts super unbalanced.

I personally really hope for a 3rd version on the Switch because there's a lot of cool stuff they could do with a B2W2-ish approach.
im a girl yo

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:42 pm

Golisopod is nuts, man. All that Attack and Defense, good defensive typing, and it learns three different priority moves, two of which get STAB (First Impression, Sucker Punch, and Aqua Jet).
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

perhaps
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: im very cool

Postby perhaps » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:00 pm

Pseudo wrote:Golisopod is nuts, man. All that Attack and Defense, good defensive typing, and it learns three different priority moves, two of which get STAB (First Impression, Sucker Punch, and Aqua Jet).
Yeah, but it has a pretty bad ability, and First Impression isn't the best, I much prefer Leech Life.
been thingken about makin a few levels again

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:52 pm

First Impression lets it absolutely roast fast Psychic types like Alakazam, and it also has more base power (90 over 80). Never underestimate the power of priority.

Leech Life is great now, though, which feels weird to say.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:57 pm

Beat Moon yesterday. It's a really great game, and a step up from the previous generations so far. Guessing it's now time to start getting ready for competitive.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:16 am

Man, I'm really excited for Pokémon Sun! It's on my christmas wishlist along with a New 3DS XL, and knowing my family, I'm sure I'll get them! I've heard really good things about this generation, and since I've never played a mainseries Pokémon game before, I'm pretty excited to start my adventure in Alola!

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

perhaps
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby perhaps » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:39 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:Man, I'm really excited for Pokémon Sun! It's on my christmas wishlist along with a New 3DS XL, and knowing my family, I'm sure I'll get them! I've heard really good things about this generation, and since I've never played a mainseries Pokémon game before, I'm pretty excited to start my adventure in Alola!
Oh yeah, it's hella great. Who do you plan on being your starter?

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:43 am

A Goat wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:Man, I'm really excited for Pokémon Sun! It's on my christmas wishlist along with a New 3DS XL, and knowing my family, I'm sure I'll get them! I've heard really good things about this generation, and since I've never played a mainseries Pokémon game before, I'm pretty excited to start my adventure in Alola!
I don't really know. I'm thinking Litten, since I like really fire types, but all the starters are awesome! What starter did you pick?

perhaps
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby perhaps » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:18 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:
A Goat wrote:
I don't really know. I'm thinking Litten, since I like really fire types, but all the starters are awesome! What starter did you pick?
I, too, picked Litten. Listen though, there are way too many Incineroars around, so I would advise picking one of the others, but that's just me.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:12 pm

A Goat wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:
A Goat wrote:
I, too, picked Litten. Listen though, there are way too many Incineroars around, so I would advise picking one of the others, but that's just me.
Hmm, I guess I'll pick Popplio then!

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab

Postby underFlo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:52 pm

I mean you shouldn't really let that influence your choice. Getting starters for breeding is super easy usually.
im a girl yo

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:30 pm

Hopefully going to be picking up Sun and Moon sometime this week, and it will be all I do with my life for a few weeks probably.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:18 pm

I completed the game last night.
Late game and early postgame spoilers: show
It was pretty great overall, though I think Black & White will keep the top spot as my favorite game in the series. The early game here was way too slow-moving to incentivize me to replay it any time soon, although I do appreciate how much characterization various NPCs got, particularly Lillie. Guzma,Gladion and Lusamine were also pretty interesting characters. Loved it when Gladion finally managed a smile in the ending cutscene.

The final fight against Lusamine was pretty cool, though it would've been a LOT cooler if you fought her fused with Nihilego as opposed to just her Pokémon, or at least if she had Nihilego on her team (why aren't evil team leaders allowed to have a full team, anyways?) I largely stomped the Elite Four since I was on par with them level wise even after turning the battle style to set (which I usually do to add to the challenge of the Elite Four).

Professor Kukui however stomped me on my first attempt - he's easily the hardest Champion since Cynthia. His team-building definitely impressed me - I was not expecting a Stealth Rock suicide lead during the main storyline. Mudsdale's Stamina was pretty much the main reason I was able to clutch out a win against Snorlax and Braviary in the end. That and Marowak's Lightning Rod against Magnezone - that one was especially significant since Marowak started out with Cursed Body, and I had spent hours grinding out 100 BP in Battle Royals while my new Drampa was on Isle Evelup just before entering the Pokémon League.

My final team was Decidueye, Marowak, Ribombee, Mudsdale, Drampa, and Salazzle. I felt like my team lacked type diversity a bit but they're still working out for me. Thankfully they don't really have any huge weaknesses as a whole. I did make a point of only using new Pokémon.

The postgame is cool so far although I'm finding myself even more underleveled here than I was against Professor Kukui - my team is level 52 or 53 now. I still managed to defeat Anabel and Dexio, made easier since I changed the battle style back to switch. The fight against Dexio was TOTAL BULLSHIT by the way since there was absolutely no warning about it and he uses level 60 Pokémon - including Mega Alakazam. I'll probably train in the grass of these new postgame areas a bit before proceeding to the Battle Tree, where I know you have to fight Red or Blue.

- a spam account, 2016

perhaps
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby perhaps » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:55 pm

Pseudo wrote:I completed the game last night.
Late game and early postgame spoilers: show
It was pretty great overall, though I think Black & White will keep the top spot as my favorite game in the series. The early game here was way too slow-moving to incentivize me to replay it any time soon, although I do appreciate how much characterization various NPCs got, particularly Lillie. Guzma,Gladion and Lusamine were also pretty interesting characters. Loved it when Gladion finally managed a smile in the ending cutscene.

The final fight against Lusamine was pretty cool, though it would've been a LOT cooler if you fought her fused with Nihilego as opposed to just her Pokémon, or at least if she had Nihilego on her team (why aren't evil team leaders allowed to have a full team, anyways?) I largely stomped the Elite Four since I was on par with them level wise even after turning the battle style to set (which I usually do to add to the challenge of the Elite Four).

Professor Kukui however stomped me on my first attempt - he's easily the hardest Champion since Cynthia. His team-building definitely impressed me - I was not expecting a Stealth Rock suicide lead during the main storyline. Mudsdale's Stamina was pretty much the main reason I was able to clutch out a win against Snorlax and Braviary in the end. That and Marowak's Lightning Rod against Magnezone - that one was especially significant since Marowak started out with Cursed Body, and I had spent hours grinding out 100 BP in Battle Royals while my new Drampa was on Isle Evelup just before entering the Pokémon League.

My final team was Decidueye, Marowak, Ribombee, Mudsdale, Drampa, and Salazzle. I felt like my team lacked type diversity a bit but they're still working out for me. Thankfully they don't really have any huge weaknesses as a whole. I did make a point of only using new Pokémon.

The postgame is cool so far although I'm finding myself even more underleveled here than I was against Professor Kukui - my team is level 52 or 53 now. I still managed to defeat Anabel and Dexio, made easier since I changed the battle style back to switch. The fight against Dexio was TOTAL BULLSHIT by the way since there was absolutely no warning about it and he uses level 60 Pokémon - including Mega Alakazam. I'll probably train in the grass of these new postgame areas a bit before proceeding to the Battle Tree, where I know you have to fight Red or Blue.
Spoiler: show
I was the opposite in the Elite 4, the Elite 4 were quite challenging but his team was easy peasy, save for his Primarina. By the way, when do you fight Dexio? I've beat the game and captured all the Ultra Beasts but I haven't found him yet.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:35 pm

^
You fight Dexio as soon as you head towards the part of Poni Island that contains the Battle Tree. He and Sina show up and you fight him. Defeating you gets you the Key Stone and Alakazite.

- a spam account, 2016

Drluigi
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Drluigi » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:32 pm

So I've recently completed the game and I have to say, as someone who doesn't play competitive Pokemon (Smash is all I need! >:O) and only plays for the story, it's easily my favorite game in the series. I'm gonna put my final thoughts in a spoiler because... well... spoilers. :P
All the characters in this game are loaded with personality. Team Skull is goofy and funny, Hau is just happy-go-lucky and always seems to make me laugh, etc. But my favorite character in the game is easily Lillie. They did a really good job at making her and Hau feel like the main character's friends and not just NPC's that follows you throughout the game. It's just so awesome to see her go from being very timid and afraid to do anything to becoming brave enough to face her fears and stand up to her abusive and neglective mother, Lusamine. It was sad to see her leave in the end, but she left for a reason that makes you feel more proud of her. She goes to Kanto to help her mother, but also to become a trainer and go on a journey of her own. I really hope she comes back in a future game with some kind of title like a gym leader or hell, maybe even Kanto's champion. Ok, maybe that's wishful thinking, but her character development just makes me want to see her succeed.

The game's story really felt like a fresh coat of paint. The Island Trials were a unique idea with pretty neat challenges. I was glad they finally came up with a new idea after 20 years and maybe they can even make region specific challenges for future titles. The story really picks up once you get to the 3rd island because after Aerola's trial, so much starts going on. You go to Po Town to take on Team Skull and rescue a Yungoos, and then go back to the Aether House to find out that Lillie got kidnapped and got sent to Aether Paradise, where you then find out that She and Gladion are Lusamine's children and you learn about the rough lives that they've both gone through. It's actually kinda sad, and sadly, there are a lot of people out there who can relate to them.
Nintendo Network ID: Drluigi1337
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1934 1615 0864
Steam Profile:

perhaps
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby perhaps » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:28 am

Today, in Pokemon Sun, I got my first shiny that I still have. I was looking for Lycanroc, and there it was, a shiny Boldore. It's now a Gigalith. Do you guys have any shinies to share?

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:01 am

A Goat wrote:Today, in Pokemon Sun, I got my first shiny that I still have. I was looking for Lycanroc, and there it was, a shiny Boldore. It's now a Gigalith. Do you guys have any shinies to share?
Oh yeah, this summer I was training my Pokemon on Mt. Silver in SoulSilver and I found a shiny Ursaring. No resetting, no increased-odds or anything, just randomly walking around.
YouTube channel

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:26 am

When I complete Sun or Moon, and if there's a feature to transfer Pokemon from Red/Blue/Yellow, I'll allow you guys (Members of the SMBX community) have some of my Pokemon from my digital copy of Yellow in online trade. Because I'm the nicest guy in the whole community. :D
(Coming soon in 82 days from today: Sega Mega Drive GFX pack)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:56 am

NintendoOtaku93 wrote:When I complete Sun or Moon, and if there's a feature to transfer Pokemon from Red/Blue/Yellow, I'll allow you guys (Members of the SMBX community) have some of my Pokemon from my digital copy of Yellow in online trade. Because I'm the nicest guy in the whole community. :D
Actually, it is possible to transfer from the VC versions of R/B/Y. However, you'll have to wait until January if you want to do so.
YouTube channel

Return to “Video Games”