The most epic fails you had in a game

This is the place for video games!
Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

The most epic fails you had in a game

Postby Unidentified » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Have you ever been playing a game when you suddenly had such an epic fail that you wanted to punch yourself? If yes, tell it here.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Re: The most epic fails you had in a game

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:49 pm

1 of some epic fails I had is dying to Chill Penguin in Mega Man X

Oshi
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: This account is dying
Current Project: Just
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Postby Oshi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:17 pm

One day, I just caught a Golurk (or was it Golett, IDK) in Pokemon Y when suddenly I accidently dropped my 3ds and my saved progress was lost along with the Golurk (or Golett, whichever one). Luckily, there was no permanent damage to the cartridge, but I'm pretty sure the shock from the fall actually broke the system's internal workings, but I have a new and better one now.
Don't expect me to post here often, if at all.

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that this isn't supposed to happen.

User199X
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Chat Username: User199X

Postby User199X » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Aw man, I just wanted to post this one too...

Anyway, back on topic I was just playing though a marathon of Mario Kart Wii, I was going to finish Banana cup on 50cc (I just bought the game today) and just before the finish line on last race, last lap, and then BOOM! I got lightning'd mid-jump. Thankfully I scored 3rd on the race and finished the cup on 1st with Rank A.

I just couldn't help but laugh lol.

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:24 am

In Super Paper Mario there's a "puzzle" where you have to hit 8 blocks, if you hit one then the block turns on but the others turn off. I didn't knew what to do so I was hitting these blocks for 30 minutes until I discovered... until I discovered that I just had to hit the blocks from left to right and not in a specific order

My project:

ADMAndrew
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Peach's Heartache (BETA1-WIP) and SMBX 64 Edition(DEMO3-WIP)
Chat Username: ADMClef

Postby ADMAndrew » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:13 am

In the campaign "The passing" of L4D2, I and my companions collected the cans of gasoline to turn on the generator, we took half an hour to collect them all and a tank arrived. We tried to shoot it but in one of those shots we accidentally fired a gasoline canister and it was ignited and as all the gasolines were in the area all the others burned and it was a failure the campaign had to restart it. ._.
I'm working on a wiki to translate SCP info into Spanish, someone would like to help me :roll: Click Me

My actual projects :D :
Peach's Heartache - (WIP-BETA1)
Mario 64 (SMBX Edition) - WIP-DEMO3

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:In Super Paper Mario there's a "puzzle" where you have to hit 8 blocks, if you hit one then the block turns on but the others turn off. I didn't knew what to do so I was hitting these blocks for 30 minutes until I discovered... until I discovered that I just had to hit the blocks from left to right and not in a specific order
I had a similar experience, except that it was much, much worse. I never found out that you needed to hit them from left to right until my fourth or fifth playthrough.

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:06 pm

thehelmetguy1 wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:In Super Paper Mario there's a "puzzle" where you have to hit 8 blocks, if you hit one then the block turns on but the others turn off. I didn't knew what to do so I was hitting these blocks for 30 minutes until I discovered... until I discovered that I just had to hit the blocks from left to right and not in a specific order
I had a similar experience, except that it was much, much worse. I never found out that you needed to hit them from left to right until my fourth or fifth playthrough.
Well, I think our fails are nothing compared to Whoisthisgit's fails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnsSW3v3DHc

My project:

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:39 am

sometimes at Egg Albatross (sonic heroes), after taking down a part of the ship, you find yourself in the abyss for no reason. Truly epic because you can't do anything about it but rage.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:04 pm

Any time I've ever accidentally grenaded myself. I don't even get mad because it's honestly hilarious when it happens.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:49 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Any time I've ever accidentally grenaded myself. I don't even get mad because it's honestly hilarious when it happens.
I find that me dying early in any of the stages from any mega man game to be hilarious. Heck, I laugh my ass off when I died halfway to Chill Penguin! :lol:

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:38 pm

The Sonic 3 barrel of course, also, falling asleep while playing Pokemon soulsilver on my DS and it running out of power and me losing my progress.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:08 pm

Mario Kart Wii. I'm in first place with around ten seconds to the finish line when suddenly I'm hit with LITERALLY EVERY ITEM POSSIBLE. Blue shells, bombs, red shells, green shells, star power invincibility, bullet bills, EVERYTHING.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Thyme Time!

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:05 am

I think my most epic of fails was when I was younger, I think around grade 2-4, I had Mario 64 DS. I had a save file with like 90 stars that I had put a lot of time into, and I had a second file with 20, and I accidentally copiedthe 20 file onto the 90 file, and I was so mad I started to cry. Then I had to go to school. Fun times!
My Project: Coming Soon!
I support
ImageImage Image

chuckster
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: formerly the socially naive idiot theloaflord
Current Project: smw stuff

Postby chuckster » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:17 am

When I'm trying to do something the unintended way in a video game and I spend 30 minutes getting angry because I can't do it but then realise the true, intended easy way.

The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Currently unnamed

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:24 am

Artemis008 wrote:Mario Kart Wii. I'm in first place with around ten seconds to the finish line when suddenly I'm hit with LITERALLY EVERY ITEM POSSIBLE. Blue shells, bombs, red shells, green shells, star power invincibility, bullet bills, EVERYTHING.
Welcome to Mario Kart!
I support: show
Due to a problem with my laptop, all my projects and levels have been lost. But fear not, for new ones will be arriving! (and hopefully completed)
rockythechao wrote:Image

chuckster
Ninji
Ninji

Postby chuckster » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:26 am

The Dwarven Digger wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:Mario Kart Wii. I'm in first place with around ten seconds to the finish line when suddenly I'm hit with LITERALLY EVERY ITEM POSSIBLE. Blue shells, bombs, red shells, green shells, star power invincibility, bullet bills, EVERYTHING.
Welcome to Mario Kart!
Words can not describe the amount of pain, blood, sweat and tears this scenario has caused me.

The Dwarven Digger
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Currently unnamed

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:28 am

The_Loaf_Lord wrote:
Welcome to Mario Kart!
Words can not describe the amount of pain, blood, sweat and tears this scenario has caused me.
Did you know that Mario Kart is also called "How to get from 1st to last in just 10 seconds!"? Well, it probably wasn't, but it is now.
I support: show
Due to a problem with my laptop, all my projects and levels have been lost. But fear not, for new ones will be arriving! (and hopefully completed)
rockythechao wrote:Image

chuckster
Ninji
Ninji

Postby chuckster » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:31 am

The_Loaf_Lord wrote:
The Dwarven Digger wrote: Welcome to Mario Kart!
Did you know that Mario Kart is also called "How to get from 1st to last in just 10 seconds!"? Well, it probably wasn't, but it is now.
You know, I should probably make a meme of that using one of the clickbait ads template and use the "See how this man went from 1st place to last place in just seconds with this simple trick!"

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:58 am

the sonic 3 marble garden boss with tails: I didn't figure out how to make tails fly properly.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Return to “Video Games”