Gaming challenges you done

This is the place for video games!
Noodle
Banned
Chat Username: N00d13

Re: Gaming challenges you done

Postby Noodle » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:50 pm

I did Watch for Rolling Rocks in half an A press.
Danny Quotes: show
Danny wrote:Bruv, why can't you keep your fanfictions to one contained thread?
Danny wrote:Pardon me? This doesn't defend your case whatsoever.
Sadly, the rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.

Jumper
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Ripping SMW Assets in my free time / (Attempting to) make a fan-game / Within The Castle Walls

Postby Jumper » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:58 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
My progress!: show
And I recently defeated the first Jr.Troopa fight, The Goomba Bros, & The Goomba King! All while staying on Level 1! ^.^')
Just a question: How does that work? Do you avoid encountering any battles except for mini-bosses and bosses?
Otherwise, good luck.
Artemis008 wrote:I got Mario 64 to work as a gamecube ISO if that counts, the fucking back up manager ironically deleted everything the first time so I had to do it all again.
Ouch...

Anyways, I should probably post some challenges I've done (or attempted)...
  • 100% Super Mario 64 (DONE)
  • 100% Super Mario Sunshine (DONE)
  • Complete SM64DS with the least amount of jumps possible (Only got Bob-Omb Battlefield Star 1)
  • 100% Saints Row IV
  • Make a difficult level (and complete it) in Super Mario Maker (For reference, it's called "Red Hot Ride")
I own a 3DS port of Super Mario Maker, however...
Supported Projects: show
Spoiler: show
thehelmetguy1 wrote: True rules of SMBX:
1-SMB3 graphics ftw
2-SMB3 graphics are the answer to life
3-If you don't use SMB3 graphics you don't know how to make levels
4-SMB3 graphics are the most important thing to have in your level
5-SMB3 graphics were so loved that someone said they were overrated and this person died 1337 times and became a SMB3 graphic. We could make a religion out of this.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Ocarina of Time:
Water Temple with Red Tunic.
Fire Temple with Blue Tunic.
Shadow Temple without the Lens of Truth.
Spirit Temple wearing the Hover Boots.

ImageImageImage

Noodle
Banned
Chat Username: N00d13

Postby Noodle » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:15 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Ocarina of Time:
Tunics and lenses are useless.
never played it before
Danny Quotes: show
Danny wrote:Bruv, why can't you keep your fanfictions to one contained thread?
Danny wrote:Pardon me? This doesn't defend your case whatsoever.
Sadly, the rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:53 pm

Noodle wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Ocarina of Time:
Tunics and lenses are useless.

Code: Select all

[size=1]never played it before[/size]
Since you never played the game before, I will tell you this:
The Blue tunic allows you to breathe underwater indefinitely and does not link it to your hearts. The Red tunic does the same thing, but in heated rooms of the Fire Temple and the Volcano around it. The Lens of Truth lets you see through illusions such as fake walls and invisible platforms. Yes, their are invisible platforms.

ImageImageImage

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:33 pm

I attempted a zero death run of Castlevania Rondo of Blood with Richter and was able to get to regular stage 4. I want to try doing it again, but this time taking the alternate path on stage 3 so I can play alt stage 4 instead.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: local guy
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:32 am

Jumper wrote: Just a question: How does that work? Do you avoid encountering any battles except for mini-bosses and bosses?
Otherwise, good luck.
in a lot of rpgs you can avoid non scripted battles with the command "flee" or an equivalent.
im bored

1AmPlayer
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: I'm a hellspawn.
Current Project: Mega Man NPC Pack (and more)
Chat Username: IAmPlayer

Postby 1AmPlayer » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:00 am

Low-Level Challenge for Pokemon Fire Red once. I beat it with Exeggutor as my lowest level Pokemon (Lv.42)

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:38 am

1AmPlayer wrote:Low-Level Challenge for Pokemon Fire Red once. I beat it with Exeggutor as my lowest level Pokemon (Lv.42)
Damn, sounds like you took inspiration from my under-level run of Paper Mario 64

Jumper
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Ripping SMW Assets in my free time / (Attempting to) make a fan-game / Within The Castle Walls

Postby Jumper » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:08 pm

RudeGuy wrote:
Jumper wrote: Just a question: How does that work? Do you avoid encountering any battles except for mini-bosses and bosses?
Otherwise, good luck.
in a lot of rpgs you can avoid non scripted battles with the command "flee" or an equivalent.
I am aware, I just almost never use the command unless it's required...
What I meant was was like the rules of the challenge, but the name did imply that...
Supported Projects: show
thehelmetguy1 wrote: True rules of SMBX:
1-SMB3 graphics ftw
2-SMB3 graphics are the answer to life
3-If you don't use SMB3 graphics you don't know how to make levels
4-SMB3 graphics are the most important thing to have in your level
5-SMB3 graphics were so loved that someone said they were overrated and this person died 1337 times and became a SMB3 graphic. We could make a religion out of this.

Oshi
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: This account is dying
Current Project: Just
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Postby Oshi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:42 pm

I'm attempting to do a Classic Mode/All K-O-N-G Peices run of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3-D right now, and I am having...difficulties with the Volcano world.
Don't expect me to post here often, if at all.

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that this isn't supposed to happen.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:41 am

Musicality_Minister45 wrote:I'm attempting to do a Classic Mode/All K-O-N-G Peices run of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3-D right now, and I am having...difficulties with the Volcano world.
Nice, I wish i could do a run like that in DKCR 3-D.... Goof luck with that, even I couldn't get past a few levels without the Super Kong

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Bump Time!!!

I just recently started my first attempt on a DANGER! of Paper Mario 64*. So wish me luck! :D

*P.S. This is in 1 of my goals in the Mario RPGs listed in my signature. ;)

perhaps
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: im very cool
Current Project: oh, the usual
Chat Username: copyleft

Postby perhaps » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:51 pm

got the 3 johto starters in gen 3 without gamecube games which is not fun and i do not recommend it. you have to do the emerald (can only be emerald) dex 3 times. run down:
-theres a bunch of easy shit (obviously) and thats the fun part i guess.
-a bunch of stuff that takes forever to find like plusle, absol, grimer and chimecho which have a 2% encounter rate in their own areas, or volbeat which only has a 1% encounter rate in the 1 area it appears in.
-you have to go to the elite 4 like 200 times to get all the level up evos (note the amount of exp to level up curves), like glalie(lv ~25-42), walrein(lv 32-44), flygon(~20-45), bagon(35-50), and beldum (5-45)
-getting kingdra is fun. not just a trade evo, but you need a dragon scale, a 5% chance held item held by a 25% encounter (those are best odds)
-3 other trade evos plus clamperl which has a split evo, both require a trade w/ held item. you can only get one of them each save file too.
-FUCK MILOTIC. in the route 119 river, which consists of 279 fishable tiles, only 6 can have feebas and they randomize daily (unless your internal battery is dead but then evolving feebs sucks), and the ones that do you only get feebas 50% of the time, so you could totally skip over it. once obtained, youve gotta get pamtre berries (preferably) which you can only get 1 iirc, and it takes 2 days to grow a tree, and they only produce 2 at a time. once youve given feebas enough (also make sure it doesnt have a crappy nature for the pamtre berries) you have milotic.
-kyogre, groudon and rayquaza are all fun to catch. groud and kyo both have ohko moves, kyo and ray both can kill themselves (double-edge recoil, hit self with outrage), and all 3 know rest to heal themselves up and get rid of any status condition.
-fair amount of trading too. 5 pokes in ruby/sapphire, and 2 more are only in 1 of them. you have to get another file (preferably emerald because youve gotta fill the dex thrice) to get whatever lati you didnt, plus whatever moon stone evolution you didnt get because game freak only put 1 moon stone in emerald, and yes there is always something that holds a stone/shard 5% of the time but they made that lunatone which is only in sapphire.
the whole thing is fun on the first save file but gets old by the 3rd, and going through the elite 4 over and over is tedious. if youve got pokemon colosseum its way easier since you just need to beat the game once and then do a little post game to get all 3. anywho got all 3 without the gamecube files so got that out of the way. nearly done with getting the living dex on pokemon firered just need to trade a crapton of pokemons over and get a few more things like espeon and umbreon (eevee is only in firered if no gamecube, but firered has no internal clock so you cant get espeon or umbreon unless you trade to r/s/e.
been thingken about makin a few levels again

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:59 am

perhaps wrote:got the 3 johto starters in gen 3 without gamecube games which is not fun and i do not recommend it. you have to do the emerald (can only be emerald) dex 3 times.
That must be one heck of a gaming challenge for you.... And I guess you're right, this challenge isn't fun, so I won't try it

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:31 am

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
perhaps wrote:got the 3 johto starters in gen 3 without gamecube games which is not fun and i do not recommend it. you have to do the emerald (can only be emerald) dex 3 times.
That must be one heck of a gaming challenge for you.... And I guess you're right, this challenge isn't fun, so I won't try it
I already completed that too, I just used a method to help to me capture them all for the dex before evolving them through, when I enter a route or area, I capture all avaliable pokemon that I don't have in my dex from that route, way easier than going back, but you'll have to waste your time and risk of wasting pokeballs, if you don't have enough, but this method works pretty great, I caught literally every pokemon possible in Emerald's routes. And yes, I too have the Johto Starters and I also trained really hard for the E4 than I did in Ruby, which I just used my sibling's Elekid, which I evolved throughout my adventure up to the E4. In Emerald, I have an Exploud that is level 80, due to training several Pokémon in the E4 for the Johto Starters. It was worth it.
You can use Pokémon Sapphire for a alternative file since it features Lunatone, I already had a clamperl on Ruby and Emerald and traded them both.
I also got a Feebas, after several annoying minutes of fishing, and evolved it using recommended PokeBlocks from PsyPoke website, and then for jokes, I used a lesser PokeBlock and it evolved.

User199X
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Chat Username: User199X

Postby User199X » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:59 pm

Solo Black Mage run in Final Fantasy III on NES (F*** Garuda...).

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:55 am

User199X wrote:Solo Black Mage run in Final Fantasy III on NES (F*** Garuda...).
Hmm.... I don't think it's possible to do that run on Final Fantasy 3 imo

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:38 am

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
User199X wrote:Solo Black Mage run in Final Fantasy III on NES (F*** Garuda...).
I am pretty sure someone should be able to do it with a lot and a lot of grinding

User199X
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Chat Username: User199X

Postby User199X » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:33 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
I was able to make it. Just by grinding a lot and figuring how to deal with Garuda and the Cave of Shadows.

Return to “Video Games”