I'll be streaming Super Mario World VLDC 9. (All Contest Levels Done)

This is the place for video games!
DarkMatt
Banned

I'll be streaming Super Mario World VLDC 9. (All Contest Levels Done)

Postby DarkMatt » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi. It's time for the travelling carnival to settle down again and do fun things with the SMBX community. (And others. I'll be getting other friends from other places to sit down and talk about marios.)

Tomorrow, that is, Wednesday the 28th, I'll be streaming the Super Mario World Vanilla Level Design Contest 9 as done by SMWcentral. I'll also be talking over it and getting co-commentators to lament over the imperfection of marios with me, like Bomber57. I have no idea exactly when I'll start, but you can expect it to be around the afternoon, my time, pacific standard time. This will vary, but I'll try to start at 1 PM if I wake up before then.

As for what I'm streaming, well, the VLDC9 is a contest held annually at smwcentral to make a level using raw super mario world assets. That is, no custom graphics, no custom blocks or sprites, and no assembly or otherwise to enhance a level. There are, of course, exceptions, like being able to modify the base graphics however you please, and certain custom sprites and patches being allowed. This year's hack containing all the levels went over the top to personalize it, and while I wish they didn't go so over the top that they took a year to get it done, I will be looking forward to it and appreciating their efforts.

You get to look forward to me insulting levels in REAL TIME, usually with the help of other friends. I intend to stream as much as I can every day, so schedule will be a little ad hoc. (Since I do not have long before college starts, again) Finally, while the stream is on youtube, I will be using a dedicated website for streaming and watching streams: The Live Games. It's an old horse, and it's falling apart, but the main group of friends I hang out with have used it to watch streams by us for years on end and I don't want that to change. I feel like it needs a facelift, but for the purposes of watching my stream and chatting about video games, it will do the trick. As such, youtube chat will be disabled, which is good because fuck its flood filter. If you wanna talk about marios, please do so on TLG. If you hate meeting new people, then feel free to watch from YouTube.

Oh, and, if you are child, you might want to disregard this post, turn off your monitor, and run outside before I teach you how to do drugs.

Stream is over. See you Wednesday.
Here's a link to the youtube stream if you wanna like, sub or something, I dunno: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/Darkmatt717/live

Here's some reruns:
Stream 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzu3_7LktDg
Stream 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HVbBtQY3eo
Stream 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU9PCzYE9d4
Stream 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af8mahwgCHk

Last edited by DarkMatt on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 14 times in total.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Re: I'll be streaming Super Mario World VLDC 9 starting tomorrow.

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:28 pm

You know that Raocow literally just started doing an LP of this, right?

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:47 pm

PixelPest wrote:You know that Raocow literally just started doing an LP of this, right?
Well guys, nobody even so much as play VLDC 9 until Raocow is done, mmkay?
Living explosives, prone to destroying themselves along with their enemies with their powerful "Self-Destruct." Bombs take the rage built up by being attacked and transform it into energy. This, in turn, makes them grow, sometimes to incredible sizes.

<Joey> you want a dickpic
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Just saying it might attract more attention if you don't stream something another person who's pretty popular is also doing currently. Personally, I'd be much more inclined to watch this if it wasn't something that someone else has LP'ed recently

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:04 pm

That is a point you have, but I live in a world where monopolies are not to be sought after nor relied on.

Sides, I'm in it for the socializing, not the subs.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

PixelPest
Link
Link

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:31 pm

Sounds good then. Look forward to possibly watching some of this

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:02 am

Is it possible to post a link to the stream before it starts?

ImageImageImage

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:24 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Is it possible to post a link to the stream before it starts?
Due to the way embedding youtube streams work, I won't be able to give you a link until the stream starts.

DarkMatt
Banned

Re: I'll be streaming Super Mario World VLDC 9.

Postby DarkMatt » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:22 pm

Hello again. Thought I'd give this a polite bump to give a bit of an update on the schedule.

Stream's happening in under an hour. One.

Two, I will start regularly streaming every Wednesday at about 2 3 PM. The Wednesday is certain, the time is not. I'll have to look at my class times. But it'll be around that time.

Finally I started thinking and have posted up a link to the youtube stream itself in the thread. Do note that the youtube stream has chat disabled since I chat over at TLG.

Return to “Video Games”