Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment

This is the place for video games!
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:19 am

Yacht Club Games has finally released a trailer at the game awards for their long-awaited DLC featuring Specter Knight as a playable character. And you know what? It looks absolutely amazing!

Here's the official web-page: http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/12/spect ... t-trailer/

Instead of a parallel campaign, as Plague Knight's campaign was, Specter Knight's campaign will be a prequel. In it, as Specter Knight, you've got to recruit the other knights as members of the Order of No Quarter for The Enchantress. Why? Guess you've got to play the campaign to find out.

As for the gameplay, Specter Knight will have completely new moves and abilities from both Shovel and Plague Knight. He'll be able to slash, dash, and climb around the level. Unfortunately, you won't be able to fly around the map as he did in his boss fight. You will, however, gain access to completely new items. Shovel Knight had relics, Plague Knight had arcana, and Specter Knight will get.... whatever Yacht Club Games will call his items.

Hope you guys are hyped for this. I know I am.
Spoiler: show
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Re: Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:12 am

The hype is up to go as soon as this has been released! I do have Shovel Knight in it's own game which means I'm avaiable to get it as soon as it's been released! Yay for new stuff to our awesome game!

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:07 am

I hope it's cheap on Steam, even though I had never played the original "Shovel Knight"! :lol:

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:52 am

NintendoOtaku93 wrote:I hope it's cheap on Steam, even though I had never played the original "Shovel Knight"! :lol:
You really should, it's an awesome game!

Besides, this looks pretty darn' cool!

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:01 pm

Okay, I'll try it, I'll betcha I'll love it, since it's a recreation of NES games! :mrgreen:

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:32 pm

NintendoOtaku93 wrote:I hope it's cheap on Steam, even though I had never played the original "Shovel Knight"! :lol:
As with the Plague of Shadows DLC, Specter of Torment will be free for anyone who owns Shovel Knight. Afaik Shovel Knight was on sale when they released Plague of Shadows, so they might do that again.

I'm also really impressed by Yacht Club Games for supporting the game for such a long time. They seem like an awesome team of devs.
im a girl yo

mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby mariogeek2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:01 pm

Spinda wrote:I'm also really impressed by Yacht Club Games for supporting the game for such a long time. They seem like an awesome team of devs.
Well, they're kind of "bound" to, considering that all of these DLC packs were stretch goals on kickstarter. They've still got King Night's campaign, Body Swap mode, and Battle Mode left, so that's stuff to look forward to after the release of Specter of Torment! :D
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Postby Fuyu » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:09 pm

To be fair, while there might be new gameplay elements, to me it's just another Plague of Shadows. Specter Knight moves just as slow as Plague Knight, and his jump height, no hover, looks as pathetically short as Plague Knight's. It's the second playable character that doesn't do much justice to his boss counterpart. In all honesty, I'm not that hyped to get this DLC myself.

mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby mariogeek2 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Intuition wrote:To be fair, while there might be new gameplay elements, to me it's just another Plague of Shadows. Specter Knight moves just as slow as Plague Knight, and his jump height, no hover, looks as pathetically short as Plague Knight's. It's the second playable character that doesn't do much justice to his boss counterpart. In all honesty, I'm not that hyped to get this DLC myself.
To be honest, I think you're dissing this DLC too much. First off, it's free, so you can't really complain about it too much. Secondly, they couldn't rip the boss's moveset and apply it to the new campaign as that would just break the gameplay / be OP. Third, his moves aren't rip-offs of Plague Knight's. His main attack is limited in range, and he can't double jump. His short jump height is balanced by the wall-climb and upward-slash abilities. And if his speed was any faster, it would probably break the flow and make the game too fastpaced. And, finally, fourth, even if the gameplay / moveset was bad, the game adds new lore and story elements for those interested in those things.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Postby Fuyu » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:22 am

It being free is a good thing for sure, and I understand how game-breaking boss moveset would be if implemented for gameplay, however there are some things that I personally don't think would feel good. Also, while it's technically not a double jump, it may as well be referred to as one, since as long as there's something to attack on the air, enemy or not, you can perform it. Also, why would Specter Knight being faster make the game too fastpaced? Actually, why would that be a bad thing? Shovel Knight was faster, and his gameplay to me was better than Plague Knight's, for as unique as it may be.

At the time of my previous post I wasn't interested in the lore of the game, and now I don't know if I am to be honest. It'll have to wait until SoT's release.

arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Postby arcade999 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:37 pm

I Wonder if they will make a DLC for each bosses of the game. (its also fun to play as the most annoying bosses of the game i just raged while trying to kill them! :lol: )
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:20 pm

this shit is switch exclusive for a month haHAA

Return to “Video Games”