Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Re: worst moments in mario video games

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:06 am

Snessy the duck wrote:
amine_retro wrote:Image
this
Oh. my. fucking. god! Wario's Castle was a fucking pain in the ass! I could only beat it on easy mode! And even then it was pretty hard!
I agree with both of you! And since when does "Super Mario Land 2" have a difficulty setting? :|

TDK
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby TDK » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:29 am

NintendoOtaku93 wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:
amine_retro wrote:Image
this
Oh. my. fucking. god! Wario's Castle was a fucking pain in the ass! I could only beat it on easy mode! And even then it was pretty hard!
I agree with both of you! And since when does "Super Mario Land 2" have a difficulty setting? :|
Press select during file select will active easy mode.

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:22 am

The last world 8 airship with all the small ships and wrench moles. I have never legitimately beat it, i always save a single p-wing specifically for this.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: Bench-kun

Postby Amine Retro » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:15 pm

TheDinoKing432 wrote:
amine_retro wrote:we always get used to beating up that big lizard that keeps stealing mario's princess.
just like everytime, the hero wins.
but bowser's minions sometimes go through the red line, wich leads us to repeat the same fault of dying, causing angst and ragequits.
here is a place to share with people all those ANNOYING moments in mario games.
(mario kart, luigi's mansion, paper mario, all games in the mario series)

here are my moments:
-falling off rainbow road
-super mario bros. 1/lost levels physics
-SMB1 level 8-3 (its literally impossible)
If SMB1 8-3 is "literally impossible", then what is SMB the lost levels 8-3.

My worst moment would be the pinball level in Super Mario Sunshine.
talking about that, yesterday i just beat 8-3 twice in super mario deluxe, so it's not a problem anymore :p
my signature
my discord server. we have a WIP episode there too, so you can join if you're interested.
i support: show

perhaps
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: im very cool
Current Project: oh, the usual
Chat Username: copyleft

Postby perhaps » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:49 pm

TheDinoKing432 wrote:
amine_retro wrote:we always get used to beating up that big lizard that keeps stealing mario's princess.
but bowser's minions sometimes go through the red line, wich leads us to repeat the same fault of dying, causing angst and ragequits.

here are my moments:

My worst moment would be the pinball level in Super Mario Sunshine.
oi thats a pachinko machine
been thingken about makin a few levels again

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:32 am

TheDinoKing432 wrote:

here are my moments:
Hell, even though it is in the heavens :P
Maybe just check out all of World 8 ;)
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:21 am

I don't think I ever beat 8-3 from the Lost Levels. I attempted that level so many times as a kid and could never beat it.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:26 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:I don't think I ever beat 8-3 from the Lost Levels. I attempted that level so many times as a kid and could never beat it.
I managed to beat every level up to W9 once (Except the levels up to W4 which I ended up doing several times and W9, which I looped through several times).

AlphaFenix
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby AlphaFenix » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:23 pm

-Grand Master Galaxy (ow well...)
-When you encounter a Hammer Bro
-SMB1/ Lost Levels Physics
-Super Mario 64 Camera
-Super Mario Sunshine difficult and some camera failures
-Paper Mario Sticker Star
-Some Mario Sports

My project!

Amine Retro
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: Bench-kun

Postby Amine Retro » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:29 pm

Artemis008 wrote:The last world 8 airship with all the small ships and wrench moles. I have never legitimately beat it, i always save a single p-wing specifically for this.
real late reply, but if you manage to beat those black hole levels, you will get three leafs, that will make it easier, rather than using a p-wing.
my signature
my discord server. we have a WIP episode there too, so you can join if you're interested.
i support: show

RSupertheGreat
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: I'm the Unfounded Artist.
Current Project: TMC, M&L Dimensional Shift
Chat Username: RSuperPKEsper

Postby RSupertheGreat » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:31 pm

My list:
-Losing powerups like a b!#@&.
-Falling to the pit because of slippery mechanic.
-SM64 camera mechanic(It's not Lakitu Bro's fault,it's my fault)
-Don't know where to go in some Mario Kart series.
-Powerup system that when I got hitted,I'll go turn into small.

I rarely come here cus I preferred to be in Discord and anything outside of being in the forums.

The Untold Truth: show
Most people here don't assume my gender, feel free to use "they" and "them" as long as it doesn't refer to many people or something. But I'm of course a girl.
Imageyes i have g+ except its gonna get shut down soon rip
Best moments on Discord: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Linkopolis: show
ImageImageImageImage
hi there signature reader

Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Postby Fuyu » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:49 pm

Ladies and gentlemen; I present to you ... Tubular from SMW!

AlphaFenix
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby AlphaFenix » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:55 pm

Intuition wrote:Ladies and gentlemen; I present to you ... Tubular from SMW!
lol tubular was easy for me, i only lose 5-10 lives in the first time, and i don't saw in the youtube

My project!

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: super mario timeline
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Postby Rhosty » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:58 pm

A worst moment I experienced in a Mario video game was Super Mario Sunshine, sure, I liked how Nintendo decided to break their text-only habit and give the characters voices, but dang, Bowser's voice got really annoying to hear, and I hate how he sounded like the Cookie Monster, to me, his voice doesn't seem to suite his physical appearence.

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account
I have selective mutism and quite possibly Asperger's

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:37 pm

amine_retro wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:The last world 8 airship with all the small ships and wrench moles. I have never legitimately beat it, i always save a single p-wing specifically for this.
real late reply, but if you manage to beat those black hole levels, you will get three leafs, that will make it easier, rather than using a p-wing.
I know, I just save a p wing because it's the only stage I have trouble with, so I don't ever use them for the other stages.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

AlphaFenix
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby AlphaFenix » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:47 pm

practicalshorty014 wrote:A worst moment I experienced in a Mario video game was Super Mario Sunshine, sure, I liked how Nintendo decided to break their text-only habit and give the characters voices, but dang, Bowser's voice got really annoying to hear, and I hate how he sounded like the Cookie Monster, to me, his voice doesn't seem to suite his physical appearence.
and others thing i hate, and everybody does in Super Mario Sunshine are these damn of Blue Coins, the fu**ing difficult, the 100 coins stars, but this is a good game, not as good than Super Mario 64 and Galaxy,but has good things, like beautiful graphics, good camera, thigs with F.L.U.D.D (better than Mario 64, god that camera)

My project!

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Rhosty » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:17 pm

AlphaFenix wrote:
practicalshorty014 wrote:A worst moment I experienced in a Mario video game was Super Mario Sunshine, sure, I liked how Nintendo decided to break their text-only habit and give the characters voices, but dang, Bowser's voice got really annoying to hear, and I hate how he sounded like the Cookie Monster, to me, his voice doesn't seem to suite his physical appearence.
and others thing i hate, and everybody does in Super Mario Sunshine are these damn of Blue Coins, the fu**ing difficult, the 100 coins stars, but this is a good game, not as good than Super Mario 64 and Galaxy,but has good things, like beautiful graphics, good camera, thigs with F.L.U.D.D (better than Mario 64, god that camera)
I hope they'll bring back F.L.U.D.D sometime soon, and not just have him/her in a Super Smash Bros. game as an attack.

EDIT:

I also don't like how in Super Mario Galaxy 2, you have to collect all the Comet Medals to unlock all of the Green Star galaxies, and complete them all in order to complete that galaxy and World, and also reveal the last galaxy in World S, and finish that in order to be officially done with the entire game. Granted, I tried getting all of the Comet Medals in the game, and I almost did, all of them in each World except World S. It literally took me three years to decide if I should finish the game. Especially for the second to last galaxy in World S(I forgot the name of that one) and the Throwback Galaxy, which I think these are both pretty tedious to get the Medals.
Last edited by Fuyu on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double-post.

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account

AlphaFenix
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby AlphaFenix » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:00 am

practicalshorty014 wrote:
AlphaFenix wrote:
practicalshorty014 wrote:A worst moment I his physical appear experienced in a Mario video game was Super Mario Sunshine, sure, I liked how Nintendo decided to break their text-only habit and give the characters voices, but dang, Bowser's voice got really annoying to hear, and I hate how he sounded like the Cookie Monster, to me, his voice doesn't seem to suiteence.
I hope they'll bring back F.L.U.D.D sometime soon, and not just have him/her in a Super Smash Bros. game as an attack.

EDIT:

I also don't like how in Super Mario Galaxy 2, you have to collect all the Comet Medals to unlock all of the Green Star galaxies, and complete them all in order to complete that galaxy and World, and also reveal the last galaxy in World S, and finish that in order to be officially done with the entire game. Granted, I tried getting all of the Comet Medals in the game, and I almost did, all of them in each World except World S. It literally took me three years to decide if I should finish the game. Especially for the second to last galaxy in World S(I forgot the name of that one) and the Throwback Galaxy, which I think these are both pretty tedious to get the Medals.
I think to unlock the Green Stars, you need 120 Stars (the all normal stars, and to this you need all Comet Medals), and you unlock World S when you finish the game in the first time (defeat Bowser with 70 stars)
I finished Super Mario Galaxy 2 some time ago, and really to get the Green Stars is boring and tedious, and the Grandmaster Galaxy is too much difficult (Perfect Run)
And i think the comet medals are easy to encounter.

My project!

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:24 pm

It took me about 3 months to 100% SMG2, and I spent most of the time on those 2 fucking crate levels, a few comets and the green stars, plus wasting time in Melty Monster Galaxy getting all the required star bits (9999 to the bank toad, what the fuck Nintendo? What drugs were you taking when making the game?) to unlock the perfect run and about a couple of weeks to beat the perfect run.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Rhosty » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:03 pm

King of Eterity wrote:It took me about 3 months to 100% SMG2, and I spent most of the time on those 2 fucking crate levels, a few comets and the green stars, plus wasting time in Melty Monster Galaxy getting all the required star bits (9999 to the bank toad, what the fuck Nintendo? What drugs were you taking when making the game?) to unlock the perfect run and about a couple of weeks to beat the perfect run.
Yeah, I don't get why they couldn't just make the Grand Master Galaxy obtainable after getting all of the stars in World S so far, and just trash the idea of all of those Green Stars.

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account

Return to “Video Games”