Metal Slug VS Contra

This is the place for video games!
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Metal Slug VS Contra

Postby Artemis008 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:09 pm

Which do you prefer, Metal Slug or Contra? I've played both and I like Metal Slug more, its a bit more varied (and a bit more unfair). It's one of the few games I can replay over and over and not get bored. What do you think?

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Re: Metal Slug VS Contra

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Don't ask me, my dad is an fan of those shooting games, but he never played Contra nor Metal Slug! :roll:

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:18 pm

I mean, if he asks which one do you like more.. and you make post saying "Don't ask me" and don't even answer the question at all... why did you actually reply??

For me, it's damn long ago i played them both, and i have tbh i had a bit more fun in Metal Slug also.. it doesn't mean Contra isn't fun to me but.. that's how it is for me.

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:20 pm

NintendoOtaku93 wrote:Don't ask me, my dad is an fan of those shooting games, but he never played Contra nor Metal Slug! :roll:
You don't know what your missing.
If Itold you there was a game where you could shoot Nazis, Aliens, Mummies, and mutated crabs in one game would you be sold?

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:57 am

Artemis008 wrote:
NintendoOtaku93 wrote:Don't ask me, my dad is an fan of those shooting games, but he never played Contra nor Metal Slug! :roll:
If Itold you there was a game where you could shoot Nazis, Aliens, Mummies, and mutated crabs in one game would you be sold?
You should recommend this game to my dad, he's a die hard fan of FPS games, not me. :o

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:44 pm

NintendoOtaku93 wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:
You should recommend this game to my dad, he's a die hard fan of FPS games, not me. :o
First off, neither metal slug nor contra are FPS games. Second, go and recommend them to your dad yourself, we're not gonna go look for him through the internet.

Anyway, i definitely like metal slug a lot more than contra. Metal slug's artwork and gameplay are both amazing, they're both very well detailed and they can have tense atmospheres along with clowny scenes every once in a while.

Not to mention the soundtrack is my jam

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:30 pm

Has anyone beaten it with limited continues, as far as I'm concerned its impossible. There are no extra lives to find along the way and its one hit kill (for you :twisted: ). Along with the fact that many situations are simply impossible to escape from without getting hit and many enemies take multiple hits to defeat.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Artemis008 wrote:Has anyone beaten it with limited continues, as far as I'm concerned its impossible. There are no extra lives to find along the way and its one hit kill (for you :twisted: ). Along with the fact that many situations are simply impossible to escape from without getting hit and many enemies take multiple hits to defeat.
I've beaten metal slug 3 on the pc version with Ragont, it used to have a limited amount of 30 continues (now it doesn't). We were really close to losing though, I remember that only one of us actually lived to beat the game.

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:34 pm

Nien wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:Has anyone beaten it with limited continues, as far as I'm concerned its impossible. There are no extra lives to find along the way and its one hit kill (for you :twisted: ). Along with the fact that many situations are simply impossible to escape from without getting hit and many enemies take multiple hits to defeat.
I've beaten metal slug 3 on the pc version with Ragont, it used to have a limited amount of 30 continues (now it doesn't). We were really close to losing though, I remember that only one of us actually lived to beat the game.
I beat it with 81 continues on free mode :(
Also, is SNK still making games? I'd really like them to put MS 4 through 6 and maybe even 7 on steam, but the last release in the series was a shitty tower defense mobile game.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:53 pm

SNK is pretty much dead at this point. The last thing i've heard about them was king of fighters XIV

Return to “Video Games”