This is the place for video games!
Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Doom

Postby Mable » Sat May 21, 2016 11:04 am

Wow, there hasn't been a thread for this yet what?

Super cool main stuff from wiki
Spoiler: show
Doom (typeset as DOOM in official documents)[1] is a 1993 science fiction horror-themed first-person shooter (FPS) video game by id Software. It is considered one of the most significant and influential titles in video game history, for having pioneered the now-ubiquitous first-person shooter. The original game was divided into three nine-level episodes and was distributed via shareware and mail order. The Ultimate Doom, an updated release of the original game featuring a fourth episode, was released in 1995 and sold at retail.

In Doom, players assume the role of an unnamed space marine, who became popularly known as "Doomguy", fighting his way through hordes of invading demons from Hell.[2] With one third of the game, nine levels, distributed as shareware, Doom was played by an estimated 15–20 million people[3] within two years of its release, popularizing the mode of gameplay and spawning a gaming subculture. In addition to popularizing the FPS genre, it pioneered immersive 3D graphics, networked multiplayer gaming, and support for customized additions and modifications via packaged files in a data archive known as "WADs". As a sign of its effect on the industry, first-person shooter games from the genre's boom in the 1990s, helped in no small part by the game's release, became known simply as "Doom clones". Its graphic violence, as well as satanic imagery, made Doom the subject of considerable controversy.

The Doom franchise was later continued with the follow-up Doom II: Hell on Earth (1994) and numerous expansion packs, including Master Levels for Doom II (1995), and Final Doom (1996). Originally released for PC DOS, the games have later been ported to numerous other platforms. Once the game's source code was released in 1997, it spawned even more adaptations, as fans further ported the code to countless devices. The series started to lose mainstream appeal as the technology of the Doom game engine was surpassed in the mid-1990s, although fans have continued making WADs, speedruns, and modifications to the original. The franchise again received popular attention in 2004 with the release of Doom 3, a retelling of the original game using new technology, and an associated 2005 Doom motion picture. Doom 4 was announced as in production in 2008 and was later retitled simply as Doom.
Yeah, obviously doom is one of the best fps series.
Doom also was the first thing back in my childhood, and i growed up with it. I also like the new Doom and the feature snapmap which reminded and got me back into Doombuilder/GZDoombuilder where you can create ur own doom wads without any limitation(Includes all npcs and even the icon of sin) and use of every aviable thing from the original Doom games.

So yeah, timw that Doom gets a thread in here i do doubt that many here play it actually.

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Re: Doom

Postby ragont » Sat May 21, 2016 6:13 pm

someone buy me the new game

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sat May 21, 2016 7:14 pm

ragont wrote:someone buy me the new game
I watched a playthrough of doom 4 and it's a fucking great game.
So Yeah, someone buy this game for this man
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby Artemis008 » Sat May 21, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm playing the original too hold me off till steam summer sales, great game BTW.

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Sun May 22, 2016 5:11 am

I don't know about this game. Heard some guys in Colorado played it, and nobody has heard from them in like 17 years.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Sun May 22, 2016 7:40 am

Artemis008 wrote:I'm playing the original too hold me off till steam summer sales, great game BTW.
You hot to be lucky you can buy it on steam. European Steam has them banned and not aviable which is dumb imo.

TheLordKhon
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TheLordKhon » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:20 am

he's a pretty top tier hero in my opinion

quite underrated

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:59 am

I didn't grow up with the franchise like a lot of you guys did, but I agree that it is a gorgeous game and looks to be really fun for some people. With that said, however, I don't think I'll be getting the game because I don't personally like Doom on account of the fact that I've only heard about the franchise and never played an actual game. I'm pretty sure it will be a blast for those who grew up with it and/or those who like FPS games.

hikki_power222
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby hikki_power222 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:56 pm

I've played first three Dooms + RoE, and also watched a stream on the new Doom. Doom 1 and 2 are nostalgic ones; Doom 3 + RoE - the best ones, and Doom 4 is average, IMHO.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:37 am

doom is fun as fuck

especially multiplayer zandronum

unless fyrus walks in fuCKING FRONT OF YOU WHILE YOU'RE FIRING ROCKETS

then it's not fun

Return to “Video Games”