Nintendo 3DS

This is the place for video games!
Keddy
Ripper II
Ripper II

Nintendo 3DS

Postby Keddy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:22 pm

Well, Kep made the Wii U topic so I thought a 3DS topic would be great too. Also, I'm thinking about buying a 3DS with Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds, but I don't know if I really need to play it.

Discuss the 3DS below...
If my grammar ever seems bad, that's because me vale bien y bonito! :v
nya: show

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:41 pm

I don't know much to say, but I do love the 3DS. It's an excellent system, and the fact how it can play DS games, as well, is amazing.

Btw, ALBW is a good Zelda game. Not necessarily the best one that I have played, but it is still a very good game.

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:59 pm

I actually don't one, but I'm planning to get one. It seem like a pretty good product and it allows you to play DS games. It looks pretty cool to have one and all the features looks neat. So it could be one of Nintendo's best products.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

xtremegamer51
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby xtremegamer51 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:39 pm

Honestly,the game I mosty ever play on the 3ds anymore is animal crossing new leaf,but other then games I have to admit,it is a pretty cool hand held system.
Though I don't really like the idea of the 2ds,its pretty much just a redesign to the 3ds,and if I were to talk to nintendo I would tell them to stop wasting there time with a redesign and make something new like they did with the wii u,though theres a chance that I might not know EVERYTHING about the 2ds so if theres something unique about it compared to the 3ds please tell me,because otherwise I think nintendo is just wasting there time.
Open the door,get on the floor,everybody do the DINOSAUR!
ImageImage
I support...
Spoiler: show
Irc chat messages of glory.
Spoiler: show
[20:49] <RedPanda> WHO WANNA PLAY GARRYS MOD M8S!??!
[20:49] <kinoko> I can play MK8
[20:49] <RedPanda> You win
[20:50] <RedPanda> Gotta put that line in my signature

[15:00] <Xtremegamer51> Captain R U Redy 4 Freddeh?
[15:00] <CaptainAmerica> Xtremegamer51 Thanks but I'm not gay.
[15:01] <CaptainAmerica> I don't want to be with Freddy.
I go by the name,RedPanda,and Xtremegamer51 on the IRC chat room. C:

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:18 pm

Moved to Video Games.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:55 pm

If you're a 2D Mario fan like you'd expect most people here to be, there's NSMB2,
There's 3D Land for those who want a more unique Mario experience,
There's A Link Between Worlds, which is an essential title for any Zelda fan,
There's Fire Emblem: Awakening,
There's Bravely Default, for Square Enix fans,
There's Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, which is one of the highest-rated games on the system,
There are remakes of Star Fox and Ocarina of Time that both utilize 3D, better graphics, and gyroscope controls (though the latter is an option and isn't forced), and more recently Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D,
There's Sub Wars and various other free-to-play games,
There's Yoshi's New Island coming out (which is growing on me more with each trailer),
Mario Kart 7,
Pokemon X and Y,
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (not my thing but a lot of people LOVE it),
Monster Hunter 4 coming next year,
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team,
Paper Mario Sticker Star,
Kid Icarus Uprising,
Mario Tennis Open,
Mario Party,
Shin Megami Tensei 4,
Kirby Triple Deluxe,

and probably some others that I've not thought of.
There's Smash Bros, obviously, but I plan to get that for Wii U. I'm not particularly sure I want to buy it twice.
xtremegamer51 wrote:Honestly,the game I mosty ever play on the 3ds anymore is animal crossing new leaf,but other then games I have to admit,it is a pretty cool hand held system.
Though I don't really like the idea of the 2ds,its pretty much just a redesign to the 3ds,and if I were to talk to nintendo I would tell them to stop wasting there time with a redesign and make something new like they did with the wii u,though theres a chance that I might not know EVERYTHING about the 2ds so if theres something unique about it compared to the 3ds please tell me,because otherwise I think nintendo is just wasting there time.
It's marketed to alternative customers, and actually it addresses real complaints that people have with the 3DS. The 3DS isn't ergonomic, and a fair amount of people didn't want to pay extra for a function that they can't or won't use.
Honestly I solved my own issue with the ergonomics by getting a powergrip with an battery pack, but some people who didn't buy the 3DS because of those issues might have been enticed by the offer of a controller that's easier on the hands and doesn't have a 3D function or multiple screens and is thus also easier on the wallet (the 2DS is a single screen that's covered, and with touch support layered over the bottom).

tl;dr I keep telling people this, but essentially, it doesn't interest you because it's not made for you. It's made for the people who liked the 3DS library but didn't like the original 3DS.

Keddy
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Keddy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:04 am

Well thx Magician, you've pretty much made my shopping list :lol: With so many great games I think I'll get a 3DS with LoZ, Mario, and Kirby.
If my grammar ever seems bad, that's because me vale bien y bonito! :v
nya: show

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Murphmario » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:19 pm

Here is my game list for 3DS:
Super Mario 3d Land
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros 2 (lost it)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Pokémon X (only beat the first gym, it's Bug type)
Mario Party: Island Tour
Kid Icarus Uprising (haven't played it, only Kid Icarus game I ever played is Super Smash Bros Brawl, but will play it)
Adventure Time (stupid Ice King is so hard)

Yeah, it's a very good system. If you don't have it, get it!
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Return to “Video Games”