Playstation 4 vs Xbox One

This is the place for video games!
silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Playstation 4 vs Xbox One

Postby silent_ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:41 pm

originally this topic was going to be named "ps4 vs xbox one vs wii u" but then i realized that 95% of this forum consists of complete Nintendo nerds and the Wii U is totally different than the aforementioned two consoles anyway

so which console do you like better

honestly i don't really care, almost every game that gets released for ps4 gets released for xbox one and their controllers are essentially the same

u can also talk about games on both of these consoles i dont really give a shit. or you could explain why both of the consoles are trash and why the Wii U is 1,000 times better (although i disagree with that)
previously known as Kep

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: Playstation 4 vs Xbox One

Postby Aero » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:06 pm

Depends on the games you're playing. Uncharted Remastered, TLOU Remastered, and Until Dawn look amazing on PS4. Xbone idk though so I can't judge it.

(notice how you acknowledge the nerds and they continue to bump the MM thread)

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:53 am

Why do people do this? It's like the mario maker vs smbx one.

People should stop saying this vs this imo. Just saying idc what is better bc they both consoles devolped by different people and the gameplay is the same it's not like you get different features.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:41 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:it's not like you get different features.
but you do though

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:46 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
Tinkerbell wrote:it's not like you get different features.
but you do though
You do? Woops my mistake then, never played any of these different feature games

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:15 pm

AeroMatter wrote:(notice how you acknowledge the nerds and they continue to bump the MM thread)
huh?

i mean i get the acknowledge the nerds part but i dont know what you mean about bumping the MM thread. whats MM? (sry for dumb question)
Tinkerbell wrote:Why do people do this? It's like the mario maker vs smbx one.
yeah but it's better because the ps4 and xbox one are two totally different consoles with tons of differences and similarities so it promotes more discussion

the thing about mario maker vs smbx is that they're merely two different mario level editors. personally, i think they're both shit, but this isn't the place to discuss that. basically all you can say about mario maker is "stacking enemies", "easier editor" and "more enemies" and all you can say about smbx is "layers and events", "custom graphics", "slopes", "more powerups". i know there's more so i dont want smartass comments.

i hope that clears it up a bit because i don't want this thread to turn into people asking "why are you comparing these two" instead of actually comparing these two.
previously known as Kep

Thundaga_T2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Thundaga_T2 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:20 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:Why do people do this? It's like the mario maker vs smbx one.

People should stop saying this vs this imo. Just saying idc what is better bc they both consoles devolped by different people and the gameplay is the same it's not like you get different features.
People will always compare things, its just something that happens.

As for which system is better, even though I have neither and have never played either. I'd go with Playstation 4. All of the games I want to play are either exclusive to it, or are available on both. Since Xbox never had any games exclusive to it that I wanted to play, I've always steered toward Playstation.

Snowburger
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Super Mario - Mushroom Conflict

Postby Snowburger » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Yeah,I really wish I could get some of the games that Playstation gets.Like Until Dawn,The Last of Us,Uncharted 4(is that even out yet?)
But,Xbox seems to have a lot more useful features than PS4.Like the ability to watch TV through your Xbox,without needing to turn the TiVo box on!
Also,Microsoft are bringing out a free update where you can RECORD any programme on TV,without the need for a Tivo Box!
And that's gonna save my dad a lot of money!
Insert IRC quotes here.
Previously know as Snowburger

I support:

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:30 pm

Kep wrote:ps4 and xbox one are two totally different consoles with tons of differences and similarities so it promotes more discussion
That contradicts your first point; you are comparing PS4 and Xbone because the Wii U is entirely different, yet you say that these two consoles are so different, so what's the deal? I mean, let's be honest here. There is really no reason to own a PS4 or Xbone at this point based on games alone; you can get most games on console for PC at a much cheaper price, and the investment can be good if you don't have the money for an amazing gaming PC now. The only relevant consoles, if you want to look at software alone, are Nintendo's because they have more exclusives than third-party titles. I mean, yeah, there are some games you can get on console that you can't get on PC (Halo, for instance), but the generally-underwhelming power and features of the 8th gen consoles plus the very few exclusives for each does not make them worth buying anymore. The Xbox360 and PS3 were relevant mainly because they had better graphics for a lower price than average gaming PCs at the time, but nowadays, it's all about raw horsepower.

tl;dr You only really need a PC and a Wii U to enjoy almost every game out there.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:45 pm

Personally yeah I would choose PC and Wii U any day but that's just not what the thread is about and I'm already looking for more reasons to buy a PS4 than just Bloodborne. The few I've sniffed up are Nioh, The Last Guardian, and MAYBE Horizon: Zero Dawn. I might also buy the TLOU Remastered bundle. There's also the Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts series if you're into those, but those are available on both now so that's moot. Though since they're not on PC based on what I know currently, I can count them as reasons to get a PS4 since it already has other exclusives I'm interested in.

I'm kind of biased though. Was not ever a fan of Microsoft intruding on the console market. I'd say Halo is a lot of fun, but for me it stops there. Sunset Overdrive does look like a blast though. And there was that other multiplayer game about piloting a giant mech thing that everyone was freaking out about that I can't even remember the name of.

Nanaya Jacob
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: When's Mafia
Current Project: "nothing"
Chat Username: Nanaya Jacob

Postby Nanaya Jacob » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:42 am

Magician is was titanfall, (no i don't own either of these systems.)
Really after seeing out for a why neither one is that bad... some have restrictions, why others have features that the other does not have. It is like sega vs nintendo back in the day... both had pros and cons to them, it really comes down to games, bonuses, extra "good!" features that people may have wanted, online play if you are one of those people, and (now sense everyone has fallen for the craze of only having better graphics rathee then game play) graphics/fps. Yes pc is dominating as of now, and it might be as pc is has something new nearly every day! I personally, am not going to get the xbone or ps4, wii u is starting to rival them, but I'm just gonna stick to arcades, (so classic man), pc, 3ds, and ps3, mainly past gen. Of course this gen is really improving as of late like fucking bloodbone, street fighter 5, and gta5 (that is kinda in between gens...) the failure of these gens is that internet is always required now or you will jave a brick now, no privacy anymore, graphics is the only thing that is needed now sp fuck gameplay and just give you the same shit so we steal all your money, dlc ad patches that should have been in the game (im lookong at fucking you star wars battlefront!),and well the fucking insane costs for games now
Thats really all i have to say... i kinda might put more when i like have more to say
CurrentBIGMOOD11/9/18: show
Don't expect me to do anything SMBX related, I'm only really here for nostalgia and Mafia.
Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
1 wrote:Mafia is such a riveting game when you make accusations on Night fucking 1 ain't it?

Superiorstar
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Maybe a level for a change
Chat Username: ♧◇Superiorstar♡♤8812

Postby Superiorstar » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:55 pm

First off, to be honest The Xbox one controllers are much better than the PlayStation 4 ones, Xbox uses chips for more than just games while PlayStation 4 only uses it's chips for games.
Xbox One is used for multi entertainment puposes (there is a cable that links up to a TV box via HDMI) like the WiiU, while PlayStation 4 is pretty much used for mostly games.
So let's e honest here it all dumb down to Exclusives and personal preferences.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Spoiler: show

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

Return to “Video Games”