Flappy Bird (an mobile game)

This is the place for video games!
Bj007pro
Banned

Re: Flappy Bird (an mobile game)

Postby Bj007pro » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Raster wrote:I wanted to play this and it was taken from the Appstore apparently. People cited Nintendo taking the game from the appstores but there's no evidence backing that up (people probably think that because of the assets used in Flappy Bird, which are very similar to Mario and Nintendo material). Nintendo denied these rumors though.
Nintendo said it was due to the Pipes looked the same to there ones.
Don't Be Afraid To Take a Shot Than To Take A Shot Being Afraid - Bj007pro

Great Forum to talk about Nearly Anything - chillaxforum.proboards.com

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:55 pm

According to the developer he says that Flappy Bird was a game where you're suppose to play when you're relaxed. But it turned into a addictive product and a problem to people so he took it down. Check out in IGN. That's were everything is written.
Meow..
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:54 pm

Bj007pro wrote:
Raster wrote:I wanted to play this and it was taken from the Appstore apparently. People cited Nintendo taking the game from the appstores but there's no evidence backing that up (people probably think that because of the assets used in Flappy Bird, which are very similar to Mario and Nintendo material). Nintendo denied these rumors though.
Nintendo said it was due to the Pipes looked the same to there ones.
Nintendo never said that.

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Postby FallingSnow » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:08 pm

zlakerboy357 wrote:According to the developer he says that Flappy Bird was a game where you're suppose to play when you're relaxed. But it turned into a addictive product and a problem to people so he took it down. Check out in IGN. That's were everything is written.
Meow..
That is the most definitely not the true reason it was taken down.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:32 pm

FallingSnow wrote:
zlakerboy357 wrote:According to the developer he says that Flappy Bird was a game where you're suppose to play when you're relaxed. But it turned into a addictive product and a problem to people so he took it down. Check out in IGN. That's were everything is written.
Meow..
I agree. Games like this are always played addictively. I assume it's either Nintendo' fault or it's because Apple got pissed about possible artificial popularity boosting.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:03 am

Nintendo never said anything to the developer. Both confirmed that. The creator himself said he removed it due to its popularity (he was making $50.000 a day from ads).

StrikeForcer
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby StrikeForcer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:49 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:
FallingSnow wrote:
Meow..
I agree. Games like this are always played addictively. I assume it's either Nintendo' fault or it's because Apple got pissed about possible artificial popularity boosting.
Um guys, zlackerboy is telling the truth here. Developer interviews are taken as truth.
Join Insectduel's forum today!: http://insectduel.proboards.com/

Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Karl Marx » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:08 am

That !may have been what he said, but that's surely not his motive. I'm still thinking it was a smart marketing ploy...

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:48 pm

I'm not arguing that he didn't say it. I just think that his motives are different than described, as Uncle Sam said.

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:51 pm

Uncle Sam wrote:That !may have been what he said, but that's surely not his motive. I'm still thinking it was a smart marketing ploy...
I kinda understand why he took it down. It became a problem and too addictive to people. I have to admit I play a lot too, but it's a good thing he took it down. I'd do the same thing if I was him.
Meow..
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Postby FallingSnow » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:55 pm

zlakerboy357 wrote:
Uncle Sam wrote:That !may have been what he said, but that's surely not his motive. I'm still thinking it was a smart marketing ploy...
I kinda understand why he took it down. It became a problem and too addictive to people. I have to admit I play a lot too, but it's a good thing he took it down. I'd do the same thing if I was him.
Meow..
You don't take down a game intended to be addictive for being addictive. The entire point of app games is to be addictive and popular. I don't know, though. If that's what the dev is really trying to say, he doesn't understand the market. It's a little silly if he plans to make a lot of money out of apps you learn to play in 10 seconds.

Bj007pro
Banned

Postby Bj007pro » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:14 am

The $50,000 was made by in-app ads.

Pixels
Banned

Postby Pixels » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:36 pm

http://terrycavanaghgames.com/maverickbird/ play this
current top score of 20, if you can't beat it get gud scrub :lol:

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Murphmario » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:55 pm

It was also a ripoff of another game. Not to mention the bird beared a resemblance to Cheep-cheeps. Both are yellow, have lips, and fly in the air. And the pipes... also a ripoff. So yeah, the game is a ripoff. Case closed.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:33 pm

qig wrote:I liked it better 10 years ago when it was called the helicopter game.
dont you mean the gyrocopter game

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:15 pm

FallingSnow wrote:
zlakerboy357 wrote:
Meow..
You don't take down a game intended to be addictive for being addictive. The entire point of app games is to be addictive and popular. I don't know, though. If that's what the dev is really trying to say, he doesn't understand the market. It's a little silly if he plans to make a lot of money out of apps you learn to play in 10 seconds.
This so much. The man's reasoning makes no sense; you don't play a game like this to relax and he's pretty stupid if he doesn't know that. Also, if making money from the ads was the problem, then he could've just removed the ads.

- a spam account, 2016

Bj007pro
Banned

Postby Bj007pro » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:56 pm

You know, if you don't want to have ads to show in-app you can just turn off WiFi. - Work for manly for all apps.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:55 pm

The creator took down the game due to him feeling really bad for people getting so addicted to it, some getting to the point of suicide over it.

Honestly, though, I really don't like Flappy Bird. It is just a bird that looks like a cheep cheep that's dodging pipes. Sure, it is pretty challenging, but honestly, it's nothing that entertaining. Just dodging pipes through the whole thing until you touch one by a hair.

Anyways, ever since Flappy Bird has gotten taken down, people have actually started selling their phones with Flappy Bird on it for as much as $1000. Ridiculous.

Also, tons of people have made knockoffs of Flappy Bird, such as Splashy Fish.

MusicJumper
Goomba
Goomba

Postby MusicJumper » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:09 am

It's the helicopter several years ago, changed to a bird. It's bird, no it's a plane, nope it aint superman. It's supermario x helicopter = bird.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:36 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:some getting to the point of suicide over it.
I'm really going to have to see a source to believe this. That seems pretty improbable.

Also yeah, as MusicJumper said, this game isn't even original in any way. As I've made pretty clear, I'm completely OK with letting it die.

- a spam account, 2016

Return to “Video Games”