This is the place for video games!
LordYoshi999
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: none
Chat Username: hmmm I wonder

Super Mario 64?

Postby LordYoshi999 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:11 pm

What are some of your thoughts on SM64? It needs more courses in my opinion. Maybe Super Mario 64 HD?
Spoiler: show
sorry nothing to see here

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Super Mario 64?

Postby XerX » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:06 am

15 courses plus 8 secrets isn't enough? Plus the game was already remade for the DS, so I doubt they'd remake it again.

LordYoshi999
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby LordYoshi999 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:02 pm

XerX wrote:15 courses plus 8 secrets isn't enough? Plus the game was already remade for the DS, so I doubt they'd remake it again.
True, but the Sm64 DS version just added new stars. Mostly switch stars.

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:04 pm

It still classifies as an 'hd' remake, for that time at least. It was as HD as the DS could get.

Thundaga_T2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Thundaga_T2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:01 am

By the time I got to play this, the game was already aged. In fact I played the DS version first. So unfortunately I dont feel the same about this game as a lot of people do. I think its just "okay"

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:33 am

Funny how I played the SM64 one but never beat it on 100% but I actually did 100% it on the DS Version. Maybe because of easier controls even though there are Power Stars that are Kind of annoying to even get. I still do like the game as a whole so I don't see as of what we Need more of it.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:49 am

LordYoshi999 wrote:Maybe Super Mario 64 HD?
I'm sure you mean Super Mario 64 DS. That's the only version of the game that I have, and I enjoyed it when I first played it 5 years ago.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

LordYoshi999
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby LordYoshi999 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:18 pm

No, i'm not talking about SM64DS. I have the game and I have played the original, I just thought, as many games like such. When you beat them, there is NO point of getting a new version, or a remake, or any type. If they added a HD remake added new courses, new stars. It would be more fun and people would like SM64 more.

Thundaga_T2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Thundaga_T2 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:11 am

LordYoshi999 wrote:No, i'm not talking about SM64DS. I have the game and I have played the original, I just thought, as many games like such. When you beat them, there is NO point of getting a new version, or a remake, or any type. If they added a HD remake added new courses, new stars. It would be more fun and people would like SM64 more.
They wouldnt remake the game again though. There's no point. If they're gonna go that far, they might as well just make it a sequel.

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:16 am

LordYoshi999 wrote:No, i'm not talking about SM64DS. I have the game and I have played the original, I just thought, as many games like such. When you beat them, there is NO point of getting a new version, or a remake, or any type. If they added a HD remake added new courses, new stars. It would be more fun and people would like SM64 more.
Dude, thousands of people still love SM64 (the original) to this day. I know I do. If you added more courses, the game would get too long. Like Thundaga said, you might as well make a sequel.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:26 am

XerX wrote:
Dude, thousands of people still love SM64 (the original) to this day. I know I do. If you added more courses, the game would get too long. Like Thundaga said, you might as well make a sequel.
We pretty much already have. We've got Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy, which is basically SM64 gameplay all over again.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

sleepy
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: absolutely nothing

Postby sleepy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:41 am

Euhm, SMS is NOTHING like SM64.
Regards,
sleepy

IRC Quotes
<pixels> this forum has enough keys to solve SMW twenty times over

<Legend-tony980> GhostHawk, what is a bot?
<GhostBot> a user without a soul
contact info

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Damn Castlewars id didn't know you travel through space or a island resort in sm64.

Also Op has a big deal with sm64ds iirc. You didn't even mention that they added luigi, wario and yoshi. In the normal one you only could play as mario.

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:18 pm

I played the DS version first and i loved the fact that they had four playable characters. I was shocked when i played this, the experience is unforgettable

The game not have much history but is a very good experience, Here we experience for the first time a Mario game without World Map only collecting stars in different parts of the castle

My project:

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:28 pm

XerX wrote:15 courses plus 8 secrets isn't enough? Plus the game was already remade for the DS, so I doubt they'd remake it again.
They remade SMB2 and 3 two times: first from the NES to Super Mario All-Stars and then to Super Mario Advance. Super Mario Bros. 2 was remade thrice if you count the upgrade from Doki Doki Panic to Super Mario Bros. 2. One could count Super Mario Bros. Deluxe as a remake of Super Mario Bros. 1 and Lost Levels too. I wouldn't be so surprised if they remade Super Mario 64 again at some point since I believe it's almost as popular as the Super Mario Bros. titles.

Wkay
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Wkay » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:03 pm

What makes my childhood a Zelda s**t is the fact I never got to play the original SM64.
This account's dead, move on to Gunslinger, bud.

Devixicus
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Too many things to list here.

Postby Devixicus » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:19 am

I really like Super Mario 64, it's definitely one of the better 3D Mario games. Although the game hasn't aged perfectly (especially when it comes to the camera), I think it's still really enjoyable. The quality of the individual levels waver at times, but when one is designed well, it's fun to play through. I would consider SM64 DS to be my favorite 3D Mario game, since it expands on 64 in a lot of ways and improves some of the issues of the original, but the d-pad controls really set it back, so my favorite remains Sunshine.
I'm not very active here. It's not really anybody's fault, it's just that I really don't have the dedication to come here daily like some other people. If it takes me a while to get back to you, sorry. If you want to be in more consistent contact with me, you could friend me on Steam.

LocoTony
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby LocoTony » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:00 pm

64 had enough courses, but you can tell it was limited by being a launch title. lots of repeated (but iconic as fuck) music. enemy variety is pretty low. graphics in general wasn't really all that complicated compared to RARE's later 3d platformer efforts. though I kinda think 64's levels have abstract charm to them as a result, which Is why I come back to it every now and then. plus mario's still fun to play in this game.

Return to “Video Games”