what's your best Mario edit level Game ?

This is the place for video games!
Erick hyperstar
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: he

Re: what's your best Mario edit level Game ?

Postby Erick hyperstar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:27 pm

why smbx2 removed the Auto painting tool that allow you draw blocks in order like mario maker and locked the editor fps scrolling to 30? :(

Added in 3 minutes 19 seconds:
i don't like sm4j because the game is very glitchy and bad to create levels (in my opinion) and the editor animations it's not very good and the enemies does not have properties to configure or hold mouse in enemie to have properties

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:44 am

Erick hyperstar wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:31 pm
why smbx2 removed the Auto painting tool that allow you draw blocks in order like mario maker and locked the editor fps scrolling to 30? :(

Added in 3 minutes 19 seconds:
i don't like sm4j because the game is very glitchy and bad to create levels (in my opinion) and the editor animations it's not very good and the enemies does not have properties to configure or hold mouse in enemie to have properties
SMBX never had an Auto Painting tool. It's not that hard to just place the blocks separately though.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Itz_Show_Time
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Itz_Show_Time » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:49 pm

SM4J is no longer a buggy mess like two years ago, I have been playing it lately and trust me, it's really nice. The content most people create is a bit meh, but you can do a lot of cool stuff in the editor, I hope more talented designers get into it. Right now it has a discord server which is much more active than SMBX's. But it's a spanish-speaking community.
Also known as Scroll! You can call me by that name if you'd like.
I don't really have any interest nor time for SMBX anymore. Might make levels for the couple of contests going on before I completely quit the game, but I'll be always around in the forums and Discord.

My SMBX episode:
Spoiler: show

"Marina, ¿a ti te gusta el tequila?"
"A mi no me gusta A MI ME ENCANTAAAA!!!"
"Wooooo!"

FutureNyanCat2014
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: The robotic kitty aka. Jaden1291 the Toad / Hex!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FutureNyanCat2014 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:43 am

SMBX and all its versions are the best level editors IMO, as they give a lot of people more control over what kinds of scenarios and levels they could make, using graphics, custom NPCs, and scripting tools like LunaLUA (X2) and TeaScript (SMBX38A).
Image Image Image Image Image Image
"F*ck you Einstein! Let's make a level with water + lava!" ~FutureNyanCat2014, 05/05/14
FutureNyanCat: Big Fan of Valtteri Since 2021

Other Stuff
Discord: Hexelectron#9736
Super Cat Wars Discord Server: https://discord.gg/esC6dH2

Return to “Video Games”