Off-topic discussion.
HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II

General Youtube/Twitch/Video Thread

Postby HealthyMario » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:10 am

[Aristo Edit]

Hi, I'm hijacking this thread!

This is the general youtube/twitch/video platform chat where you can discuss anything from your favorite videos to your favorite content creators!

This thread also features the combination of 6 years of youtube discusson on the forums compiled for your reading pleasures. Reader discretion advised.

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Youtube

Postby Valtteri » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:12 am

You just wait and try loading the page again later.

HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby HealthyMario » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:14 am

I tried that before and it doesn't work

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Fuyu » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:08 am

That's weird, I can access to YouTube with no problem at all. Try again later (again, but wait a bit more) and if it doesn't work try deleting your browser cookies.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:18 am

"A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation." lol
But YouTube works for me without any problems. I've no idea what happend. Try to wait an hour or two. Maybe that'll help. Meow..
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:17 pm

Your Internet sucks hard either or you just got to be more patient.

FallingSnow
Nipper
Nipper

Postby FallingSnow » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:04 pm

This has come up for many people I know (me included) when youtube was having problems. It was fixed within a few hours.

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Can't check comments or video Description on YouTube.

Postby Fuyu » Mon May 12, 2014 9:54 am

This is a problem I had long ago but never cared about it until now. The thing is that I'm willing to start playing it again, but I can't since after doing some shit to it never opened again. The problem's the following: whenever I open minecraft a Java process starts running, but right after it starts running it closes instantly. I've searched for a solution to this problem, but it seems I'm the very first one to have it to date.

Also, minecraft once ran on my computer, but for some reason it just doesn't want to.

EDIT: I think I've found the problem, but I don't think I'll be able to fix it the straight way. It seems I can't install JavaTM, or simply doesn't work for some reason. Whenever I try to check if it runs properly, it just shows a gray window with the following sentence: "Java (TM) supplement is required to display this content". I already installed, but for some reason it keeps showing me this.

EDIT 2: Sorry if I keep changing, but I keep finding out stuff and it's making me crazy.

It seems that I couldn't load anything with Java(TM) on google chrome, and I believe it has some kind of connection to a problem I've been having recently. For some reason, I can't check comments on YouTube, or open the video description, and I think both problems have a connection. I've checked the Extensions window and I don't see my Java(TM) extension, does anybody know what to do?

NOTE: I still need help with minecraft.
Last edited by Fuyu on Mon May 12, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Martroid98
Dolphin
Dolphin

Re: Can't open Minecraft.

Postby Martroid98 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:58 am

Natsu wrote:This is a problem I had long ago but never cared about it until now. The thing is that I'm willing to start playing it again, but I can't since after doing some shit to it never opened again. The problem's the following: whenever I open minecraft a Java process starts running, but right after it starts running it closes instantly. I've searched for a solution to this problem, but it seems I'm the very first one to have it to date.

Also, minecraft once ran on my computer, but for some reason it just doesn't want to.
I think I had the same problem in the past. Do you have an old computer? Then you can't play the latest versions of minecraft anymore, because your graphic card is too old. When this is your problem, I would play the older versions or buy a new computer.

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Fuyu » Mon May 12, 2014 10:02 am

I do not have an old computer, and I doubt that's the problem, but I have:
Processor: AMD Athlon FX(tm)-4100 Quad Core
RAM: 4GB
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a (Onboard)

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Fuyu » Mon May 12, 2014 10:07 am

I think I've found the problem, but I don't think I'll be able to fix it the straight way. It seems I can't install JavaTM, or simply doesn't work for some reason. Whenever I try to check if it runs properly, it just shows a gray window with the following sentence: "Java (TM) supplement is required to display this content". I already installed, but for some reason it keeps showing me this.

Martroid98
Dolphin
Dolphin

Re: Can't open Minecraft [Can't install Java(TM)].

Postby Martroid98 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:40 am

I found a solution for this problem (maybe) on a german website. I tried to translate:
Spoiler: show
When Java 7u5 and JavaFX 2.1.1 are installed and Java is going to be updated with 7u10, Firefox can't see that it is installed.

To solve this problem, it is recommended to uninstall all versions of Java and JavaFX, before Java 7u10 or a later version is going to be installed.

Follow the following advices to solve this problem:

Delete all versions of Java and JavaFX over windows systemcontrol* to uninstall programs.

Advices to uninstall Java:

Run the microsoft uninstallhelpprogram*, to repair registerkeys*, to prevent that programs are uninstalled completely, or to prevent that programs block new installations and updates.
Load down the windows package* with the offlineinstallationprogram* and install it.
*Could be called different in your version of windows

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Mon May 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Update java, set administrative rights, make sure your family has not childproofed your computer.

I need more info to give a serious response.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Fuyu » Mon May 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Martroid98 wrote:I found a solution for this problem (maybe) on a german website. I tried to translate:
Spoiler: show
When Java 7u5 and JavaFX 2.1.1 are installed and Java is going to be updated with 7u10, Firefox can't see that it is installed.

To solve this problem, it is recommended to uninstall all versions of Java and JavaFX, before Java 7u10 or a later version is going to be installed.

Follow the following advices to solve this problem:

Delete all versions of Java and JavaFX over windows systemcontrol* to uninstall programs.

Advices to uninstall Java:

Run the microsoft uninstallhelpprogram*, to repair registerkeys*, to prevent that programs are uninstalled completely, or to prevent that programs block new installations and updates.
Load down the windows package* with the offlineinstallationprogram* and install it.
*Could be called different in your version of windows
System control? You mean Control Panel?
And I don't get how to "repair registerkeys" nor know what that means.
DarkMatt wrote:Update java, set administrative rights, make sure your family has not childproofed your computer.

I need more info to give a serious response.
I've already updated Java tons of times, and it seems that it either doesn't install correctly or there's an inner problem somewhere. My account has administrative rights over the entire computer as it's the only administrative session, and no, my family hasn't childproofed my computer.

The info I'm giving is all I know.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Mon May 12, 2014 4:54 pm

When i had this problem i was able to start it immediately after my pc started up, but not later.
It kinda fixed itself after a while and a bunch of updates.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: Can't check comments or video Description on YouTube.

Postby Fuyu » Mon May 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Sorry if I keep changing, but I keep finding out stuff and it's making me crazy.

It seems that I couldn't load anything with Java(TM) on google chrome, and I believe it has some kind of connection to a problem I've been having recently. For some reason, I can't check comments on YouTube, or open the video description, and I think both problems have a connection. I've checked the Extensions window and I don't see my Java(TM) extension, does anybody know what to do?

NOTE: I still need help with minecraft.

EDIT: Minecraft problem got solved, google chrome problem only.

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: Can't check comments or video Description on YouTube.

Postby Fuyu » Tue May 13, 2014 12:09 pm

I've already solved this, apparently I've had two Java(TM)s installed, and each collided with the other one, making some kind of crashing. Thanks for your efforts, this can be locked.

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

YouTube

Postby silent_ » Thu May 15, 2014 6:12 pm

This is a thread where you can share your YouTube account, post YouTube videos here, discuss your favorite and least favorite channel(s), what you think should be added/removed, and any other thing that solely relates to YouTube.
previously known as Kep

Return to “Sandbox”