Racism

Off-topic discussion.
Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Re: Racism

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:39 pm

I'm not really acting "pompous" that much m8
Also, it should be pretty obvious what I meant about half-right, as in you talked about 1 thing I said, but not the other one
You're seemingly blowing things out of proportion because you seem to make posts that are a bit longer than they should be as if you need to overcomplicate things, it shouldn't be that hard to explain yourself
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

User avatar
Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Racism

Postby Magician » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:59 pm

You were being smug and condescending, and addressing people by talking about them in the third person, and using custom smilies with a fedora—you're right, that's not pompous at all.

It's not hard to explain myself; I'm pretty good at it! What I'm not good at is interpreting lazy posts that appeal to ridicule more than they deliver any actual points, and yeah it takes me a bit longer to break things down for a person who is apparently willing to attack my credibility on the basis of arguments like "5 sentences or more = overcomplicated", "post length = difficulty involved in writing it", and "complicated = severe" while taking no responsibility for the interpretation of their own posts, as if communication isn't supposed to be a two-way street. I mean I guess the latter is consistent with your preliminary remarks on what we were talking about so I'm not really surprised by your behaviour, but this entire resulting conversation demonstrates the inherent problem with the notion that how something is received is always the reader's fault, despite the writer not putting forth any effort into conveying themselves.

If you wanna talk about me not addressing what you say, take your own advice first. The only time "you" addressed anything was when I took a shot in the dark as to what you were trying to say, then wrote out that argument for you, and then addressed it, to which you had nothing to add. I didn't do the same with the "other one" because, again, I have no idea what that is. And I'd love to see you even TRY to explain how any of this is obvious without just more circular reasoning from you.

And in my own defence (not that this was at all relevant because it was more about how I post than the subject at hand), speaking at length is not the same thing as speaking longer than necessary. Just because conciseness involves the shortening of posts to make them more streamlined, does not mean that the result of streamlining a post will always be a 17 syllable poem that manages to address every single thought with beauty and flair. Sometimes I just can't condense all my thoughts into four sentences or less, but at least my posts are actually clear.

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Re: Racism

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:41 pm

Magician wrote:You were being smug and condescending, and addressing people by talking about them in the third person, and using custom smilies with a fedora—you're right, that's not pompous at all.

It's not hard to explain myself; I'm pretty good at it! What I'm not good at is interpreting lazy posts that appeal to ridicule more than they deliver any actual points, and yeah it takes me a bit longer to break things down for a person who is apparently willing to attack my credibility on the basis of arguments like "5 sentences or more = overcomplicated", "post length = difficulty involved in writing it", and "complicated = severe" while taking no responsibility for the interpretation of their own posts, as if communication isn't supposed to be a two-way street. I mean I guess the latter is consistent with your preliminary remarks on what we were talking about so I'm not really surprised by your behaviour, but this entire resulting conversation demonstrates the inherent problem with the notion that how something is received is always the reader's fault, despite the writer not putting forth any effort into conveying themselves.

If you wanna talk about me not addressing what you say, take your own advice first. The only time "you" addressed anything was when I took a shot in the dark as to what you were trying to say, then wrote out that argument for you, and then addressed it, to which you had nothing to add. I didn't do the same with the "other one" because, again, I have no idea what that is. And I'd love to see you even TRY to explain how any of this is obvious without just more circular reasoning from you.

And in my own defence (not that this was at all relevant because it was more about how I post than the subject at hand), speaking at length is not the same thing as speaking longer than necessary. Just because conciseness involves the shortening of posts to make them more streamlined, does not mean that the result of streamlining a post will always be a 17 syllable poem that manages to address every single thought with beauty and flair. Sometimes I just can't condense all my thoughts into four sentences or less, but at least my posts are actually clear.
Fedora = ALL THE POMPOUS
Last time I checked, I don't even give a damn about myself to the point where I talk shit to myself as well, people may argue that it's unhealthy or whatever, but I obviously don't care, as it's a defense mechanism to give myself lower expectations and when people actually do talk shit about the same thing I say
It's obvious because last time I checked, there were a couple of big threads going on at the SuperMarioBrosX levels sections not too long ago, but who knows mang, if it isn't obvious to you, then it isn't obvious at all apparently.
Protip: overdoing speeches can cause serious symptoms of tl;dr
Plus, this topic has got out of hand, I was hoping to say from the 2nd quote from you that people should grow thicker skin or some shit, because if they cannot take a racist joke in any way, then they probably shouldn't even be on the internet, because you're going to be told shit and criticism wherever you go, and that it's just a fucking joke
Seriously, ever heard of just simply ignoring them? How hard is that really? If you get offended by jokes way too easily about something that originated as just a simple word for black, then what the fuck are you doing here on the internet in the first place. If it really hurts you that muchWhich it shouldn't btw, then don't complain about the joke to the speaker, but either just leave for a bit or speak to the moderators about it. Image
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: Racism

Postby MistakesWereMade » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:48 pm

i'm not actually sure how saying the word "neighbor" is racist when it's just a slang, it doesn't actually make any stereotypes about black people, so i'm not sure what's the issue with that word.

EDIT: relevant
Spoiler: show
LATE EDIT: This post of mine is dumb as fuck, don't listen to it.
Last edited by MistakesWereMade on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Re: Racism

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:54 pm

nigga =/= nigger for some odd reason
Not trying to joke around that's how it really is.
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

User avatar
SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Racism

Postby SnifitGuy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:13 pm

Nien wrote:i'm not actually sure how saying the word "nigger" is racist when it's just a slang, it doesn't actually make any stereotypes about black people, so i'm not sure what's the issue with that word.

EDIT: relevant
Spoiler: show
It wasn't just that. It was the fact that you said it even after he asked to stop. That's why it was annoying. We saw the post the first time and after he told you to stop as it was offensive, you said it just to aggravate him, which is considered bullying.

User avatar
Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Racism

Postby Magician » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:50 am

Vinyl Scratch wrote:Last time I checked, I don't even give a damn about myself to the point where I talk shit to myself as well, people may argue that it's unhealthy or whatever, but I obviously don't care, as it's a defense mechanism to give myself lower expectations and when people actually do talk shit about the same thing I say
It's obvious because last time I checked, there were a couple of big threads going on at the SuperMarioBrosX levels sections not too long ago, but who knows mang, if it isn't obvious to you, then it isn't obvious at all apparently.
It's annoying for you to have to read a post of more than five sentences, but a couple of completely different "big threads" were required reading for your post to be understood. That seems pretty ridiculous to me, but who knows; if that's obvious to you, it must be obvious to everyone apparently.

As for the first sentence, how you or anyone cope with people being dicks on the internet isn't universal, nor does it warrant assuming people are being oversensitive for criticizing that kind of behaviour. If you want to defend the behaviour, talk about the behaviour itself, not the person criticizing it, and not how you personally deal with the behaviour. Neither of those things are relevant.
Vinyl Scratch wrote:Protip: overdoing speeches can cause serious symptoms of tl;dr
As I said, "... speaking at length is not the same thing as speaking longer than necessary. Just because conciseness involves the shortening of posts to make them more streamlined, does not mean that the result of streamlining a post will always be a 17 syllable poem that manages to address every single thought with beauty and flair. Sometimes I just can't condense all my thoughts into four sentences or less, but at least my posts are actually clear."

Also see:
"... yeah it takes me a bit longer to break things down for a person who is apparently willing to attack my credibility on the basis of arguments like "5 sentences or more = overcomplicated", "post length = difficulty involved in writing it", and "complicated = severe" ..."
If you want a tl;dr it's that my posts are only as long as they need to be to address the kind of logic that leads to posts like yours. There's no tl;dr for a post like that. This is WHY we have things like paragraphs and sentences. If you don't like reading, then why are you on a forum?
Vinyl Scratch wrote:Plus, this topic has got out of hand, I was hoping to say from the 2nd quote from you that people should grow thicker skin or some shit, because if they cannot take a racist joke in any way, then they probably shouldn't even be on the internet, because you're going to be told shit and criticism wherever you go, and that it's just a fucking joke
Disagreement != out of hand, at least not as long as you're not willing to escalate the situation by mocking people with expressions of amusement and rude smilies and criticizing their manner of writing for having a different perspective.
Anyway, if you're not willing to accept that people should take what they dish out, what are YOU doing on the internet? Why does it bother you so much that the act of deliberately trying to frustrate, or hurt, or anger people, especially when asked to stop, will inevitably be criticized? Why would that bother you so much that you would tell the people who criticize it to get off the internet? Why don't you take your own advice and ignore it?
Vinyl Scratch wrote:Seriously, ever heard of just simply ignoring them? How hard is that really? If you get offended by jokes way too easily about something that originated as just a simple word for black, then what the fuck are you doing here on the internet in the first place. If it really hurts you that muchWhich it shouldn't btw, then don't complain about the joke to the speaker, but either just leave for a bit or speak to the moderators about it. Image
Can we, as a society, move past the notion that premature accusations of a person's emotional state have any bearing on anything?
When people do something that annoys me, I give them the benefit of the doubt most of the time. When they do it again, I might say something like "Can you not do that?" as if to say, the repeated use of this will probably eventually piss me off.
The reasonable reaction to this is not to jump to the conclusion that the person asking you this is oversensitive. The fact is, thick skin or not, shit builds up over time—who better to start venting it at than the person willfully causing the problem after being asked not to? That sure makes a lot of sense to me.

I don't personally like to go to the moderator over things at the drop of a hat because I'm not helpless and I don't go to other people to solve problems for me unless it's necessary. I prefer to actually give everyone the benefit of the doubt that they're intelligent and capable of thought, by appealing to their sense of reason. Even if the person in question doesn't respond to those appeals, other people might and that's how ideas spread. But I wasn't personally involved in that situation so I can only comment in general terms, so that's what I did.
Nien wrote:i'm not actually sure how saying the word "nigger" is racist when it's just a slang, it doesn't actually make any stereotypes about black people, so i'm not sure what's the issue with that word.

EDIT: relevant
Spoiler: show
Thank you for this post. Yes, it IS relevant.

But yeah, the reason I disagree with this is that I don't want all white people to be represented by a white fictional character any more than I expect a black person to want all black people to be represented by a black fictional character.
That's not to say that some black people aren't offended by the use of the word, but I would guarantee that a lot of them observably are, and so one black person implying it's okay doesn't mean the rest should just take it, especially in situations when it's said by someone who isn't black (for what it's worth I don't know if you're black or not so that's not directed at you). The latter can be a problem for various reasons, but ultimately what we could be concerning ourselves with is that that kind of behaviour is cultural appropriation, which can be a form of racism. This is where it gets pretty blurred and I'm not the best person to make arguments about it. All I can say is that I personally avoid cultural appropriation, at least along the lines of if I learn that it offends someone, I will accept criticism over that and try to avoid doing it. Obviously the world is full of cultural appropriation and it varies in how big of a deal it is down to an individual level, but as far as I'm concerned, I don't think apologizing for mistaken behaviour and trying to be nice to people is some kind of admission of anything but plain human imperfection, and I don't think the impossibility of perfection warrants not genuinely trying to improve on avoiding being a negative part of people's lives.

As for my interpretation of why it's offensive, which could be wrong: I just think long-term historical derisive and derogatory use will cause present use of that word to call back racial tension. A lot of words like that have "less offensive" origins that, when those targeted by it finally get to speak up about it, people learn were actually always offensive.

Anyway I love you guys

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Re: Racism

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:09 am

Magician wrote:
Vinyl Scratch wrote:Last time I checked, I don't even give a damn about myself to the point where I talk shit to myself as well, people may argue that it's unhealthy or whatever, but I obviously don't care, as it's a defense mechanism to give myself lower expectations and when people actually do talk shit about the same thing I say
It's obvious because last time I checked, there were a couple of big threads going on at the SuperMarioBrosX levels sections not too long ago, but who knows mang, if it isn't obvious to you, then it isn't obvious at all apparently.
It's annoying for you to have to read a post of more than five sentences, but a couple of completely different "big threads" were required reading for your post to be understood. That seems pretty ridiculous to me, but who knows; if that's obvious to you, it must be obvious to everyone apparently.
I thought this was a SMBX forum

As for the first sentence, how you or anyone cope with people being dicks on the internet isn't universal, nor does it warrant assuming people are being oversensitive for criticizing that kind of behaviour. If you want to defend the behaviour, talk about the behaviour itself, not the person criticizing it, and not how you personally deal with the behaviour. Neither of those things are relevant.
I never said I personally deal with the behavior that way
Vinyl Scratch wrote:Protip: overdoing speeches can cause serious symptoms of tl;dr
As I said, "... speaking at length is not the same thing as speaking longer than necessary. Just because conciseness involves the shortening of posts to make them more streamlined, does not mean that the result of streamlining a post will always be a 17 syllable poem that manages to address every single thought with beauty and flair. Sometimes I just can't condense all my thoughts into four sentences or less, but at least my posts are actually clear."

Also see:
"... yeah it takes me a bit longer to break things down for a person who is apparently willing to attack my credibility on the basis of arguments like "5 sentences or more = overcomplicated", "post length = difficulty involved in writing it", and "complicated = severe" ..."
If you want a tl;dr it's that my posts are only as long as they need to be to address the kind of logic that leads to posts like yours. There's no tl;dr for a post like that. This is WHY we have things like paragraphs and sentences. If you don't like reading, then why are you on a forum?
I never said I disliked reading, and basically what the original point of my post was: Get your point across faster
Vinyl Scratch wrote:Plus, this topic has got out of hand, I was hoping to say from the 2nd quote from you that people should grow thicker skin or some shit, because if they cannot take a racist joke in any way, then they probably shouldn't even be on the internet, because you're going to be told shit and criticism wherever you go, and that it's just a fucking joke
Disagreement != out of hand
No, we went into another page just talking about this shit
, at least not as long as you're not willing to escalate the situation by mocking people with expressions of amusement and rude smilies and criticizing their manner of writing for having a different perspective.
Anyway, if you're not willing to accept that people should take what they dish out, what are YOU doing on the internet?
People only get stronger by experience, people who aren't like that aren't experienced enough to be on the internet yet, why do you think some of the other sites like 4chan overly use sarcasm and don't care that they aren't banned for a day or two? (Unless of course a wide-spread thing is happening, ofc)
Why does it bother you so much that the act of deliberately trying to frustrate, or hurt, or anger people, especially when asked to stop, will inevitably be criticized? Why would that bother you so much that you would tell the people who criticize it to get off the internet? Why don't you take your own advice and ignore it?
I'm not bothered by this at all rofl
Vinyl Scratch wrote:Seriously, ever heard of just simply ignoring them? How hard is that really? If you get offended by jokes way too easily about something that originated as just a simple word for black, then what the fuck are you doing here on the internet in the first place. If it really hurts you that muchWhich it shouldn't btw, then don't complain about the joke to the speaker, but either just leave for a bit or speak to the moderators about it. Image
Can we, as a society, move past the notion that premature accusations of a person's emotional state have any bearing on anything?
It's how the majority of the world is, sadly
When people do something that annoys me, I give them the benefit of the doubt most of the time. When they do it again, I might say something like "Can you not do that?" as if to say, the repeated use of this will probably eventually piss me off.
The reasonable reaction to this is not to jump to the conclusion that the person asking you this is oversensitive. The fact is, thick skin or not, shit builds up over time—who better to start venting it at than the person willfully causing the problem after being asked not to? That sure makes a lot of sense to me.
That's why you have parents and friends, so you can talk to them about it

I don't personally like to go to the moderator over things at the drop of a hat because I'm not helpless and I don't go to other people to solve problems for me unless it's necessary. I prefer to actually give everyone the benefit of the doubt that they're intelligent and capable of thought, by appealing to their sense of reason.
That's why I said if it bothers you that much talk about it to them. I'm not expecting you to go whine to them over every little thing
Even if the person in question doesn't respond to those appeals, other people might and that's how ideas spread. But I wasn't personally involved in that situation so I can only comment in general terms, so that's what I did.
Nien wrote:i'm not actually sure how saying the word "nigger" is racist when it's just a slang, it doesn't actually make any stereotypes about black people, so i'm not sure what's the issue with that word.

EDIT: relevant
Spoiler: show
Thank you for this post because it actually IS relevant.

But yeah, the reason I disagree with this is that I don't want all white people to be represented by a fictional character any more than I expect a black person to want all black people to be represented by a black fictional character.
That's not to say that some black people aren't offended by the use of the word, but I would guarantee that a lot of them observably are, and so one black person implying it's okay doesn't mean the rest should just take it, especially in situations when it's said by someone who isn't black (for what it's worth I don't know if you're black or not so that's not directed at you). The latter can be a problem for various reasons, but ultimately what we could be concerning ourselves with is that that kind of behaviour is cultural appropriation, which can be a form of racism. This is where it gets pretty blurred and I'm not the best person to make arguments about it. All I can say is that I personally avoid cultural appropriation, at least along the lines of if I learn that it offends someone, I will accept criticism over that and try to avoid doing it. Obviously the world is full of cultural appropriation and it varies in how big of a deal it is down to an individual level, but as far as I'm concerned, I don't think apologizing for mistaken behaviour and trying to be nice to people is some kind of admission of anything but plain human imperfection, and I don't think the impossibility of perfection warrants not genuinely trying to improve on avoiding being a negative part of people's lives.

As for my interpretation of why it's offensive, which could be wrong: I just think long-term historical derisive and derogatory use will cause present use of that word to call back racial tension. A lot of words like that have "less offensive" origins that, when those targeted by it finally get to speak up about it, people should learn were actually always offensive.

Anyway I love you guys
Image
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

User avatar
Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Racism

Postby Magician » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:37 am

I thought this was a SMBX forum
This doesn't address what I said, unless you think "This is an SMBX forum" somehow implies that I should have to read every post in the forum so as to understand subtle implications of yours.

I never said I personally deal with the behavior that way
Then I don't understand what "Last time I checked, I don't even give a damn about myself to the point where I talk shit to myself as well, people may argue that it's unhealthy or whatever, but I obviously don't care, as it's a defense mechanism to give myself lower expectations and when people actually do talk shit about the same thing I say" was all about.

I never said I disliked reading, and basically what the original point of my post was: Get your point across faster
"... my posts are only as long as they need to be to address the kind of logic that leads to posts like yours."
But on the plus side, when I address all that I need to address, when you go back to repeating certain points it's just a matter of copying and pasting.
Also, when you complain about the length of posts that are 5-8 sentences long, yeah it's gonna come off like you don't like reading.

No, we went into another page just talking about this shit
Because I was addressing your arguments and your willingness "to escalate the situation by mocking people with expressions of amusement and rude smilies and criticizing their manner of writing for having a different perspective."

People only get stronger by experience, people who aren't like that aren't experienced enough to be on the internet yet, why do you think some of the other sites like 4chan overly use sarcasm and don't care that they aren't banned for a day or two? (Unless of course a wide-spread thing is happening, ofc)
4chan is a terrible template for decent behaviour. Also, see below.

I'm not bothered by this at all rofl
Then why are you commenting on it? By your own logic, me commenting in this thread means I'M bothered by it, so that applies back to yourself. That was the whole point of what I was saying.

It's how the majority of the world is, sadly
Other people making irrelevant statements doesn't mean it's okay for you to do it.

That's why you have parents and friends, so you can talk to them about it
That's not inherently better than venting it back onto the person in question who would actually deserve it. Also, you're acknowledging that people eventually need to vent regardless of how thick their skin is, which applies above to what you said about people getting stronger over time. I guess "strength" doesn't make you emotionless.

That's why I said if it bothers you that much talk about it to them. I'm not expecting you to go whine to them over every little thing
I already pointed out why I felt my criticism is relevant to this thread.

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Re: Racism

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:47 am

Magician wrote:I thought this was a SMBX forum
This doesn't address what I said, unless you think "This is an SMBX forum" somehow implies that I should have to read every post in the forum so as to understand subtle implications of yours.
You're missing the point

I never said I personally deal with the behavior that way
Then I don't understand what "Last time I checked, I don't even give a damn about myself to the point where I talk shit to myself as well, people may argue that it's unhealthy or whatever, but I obviously don't care, as it's a defense mechanism to give myself lower expectations and when people actually do talk shit about the same thing I say" was all about.
The way I deal with it is different than what I said how you should deal with it

I never said I disliked reading, and basically what the original point of my post was: Get your point across faster
"... my posts are only as long as they need to be to address the kind of logic that leads to posts like yours."
But on the plus side, when I address all that I need to address, when you go back to repeating certain points it's just a matter of copying and pasting.
Also, when you complain about the length of posts that are 5-8 sentences long, yeah it's gonna come off like you don't like reading.
That's just simply how you see it

No, we went into another page just talking about this shit
Because I was addressing your arguments and your willingness "to escalate the situation by mocking people with expressions of amusement and rude smilies and criticizing their manner of writing for having a different perspective."
Having a different perspective or sealing yourself away from learning

People only get stronger by experience, people who aren't like that aren't experienced enough to be on the internet yet, why do you think some of the other sites like 4chan overly use sarcasm and don't care that they aren't banned for a day or two? (Unless of course a wide-spread thing is happening, ofc)
4chan is a terrible template for decent behaviour. Also, see below.
That's because you're not supposed to really take the internet seriously

I'm not bothered by this at all rofl
Then why are you commenting on it? By your own logic, me commenting in this thread means I'M bothered by it, so that applies back to yourself. That was the whole point of what I was saying.
Well then neither of us are bothered by it, and it's best to leave it at that

It's how the majority of the world is, sadly
Other people making irrelevant statements doesn't mean it's okay for you to do it.
I'm not sure if you're missing the point here again or you have a different attitude of how you wanted your message conveyed

That's why you have parents and friends, so you can talk to them about it
That's not inherently better than venting it back onto the person in question who would actually deserve it. Also, you're acknowledging that people eventually need to vent regardless of how thick their skin is, which applies above to what you said about people getting stronger over time. I guess "strength" doesn't make you emotionless.
You make it sound like you can't have a casual conversation with things that bothered you today

That's why I said if it bothers you that much talk about it to them. I'm not expecting you to go whine to them over every little thing
I already pointed out why I felt my criticism is relevant to this thread.
I was trying to reach for the majority, not just you
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

User avatar
Raster
Banned
Posts: 798
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Racism

Postby Raster » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:06 pm

"That's because you're not supposed to really take the internet seriously"

Sorry Vinyl your argument kind of lost all credibility there. :/

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Re: Racism

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:34 pm

Is the internet not supposed to be a distraction then?
How many people here are actually using it for serious things that can affect them later in life and into the real world
If you can live without something and be perfectly fine without it, then I wouldn't count it as something serious
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: Racism

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:29 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:
Nien wrote:i'm not actually sure how saying the word "neighbor" is racist when it's just a slang, it doesn't actually make any stereotypes about black people, so i'm not sure what's the issue with that word.

EDIT: relevant
Spoiler: show
It wasn't just that. It was the fact that you said it even after he asked to stop. That's why it was annoying. We saw the post the first time and after he told you to stop as it was offensive, you said it just to aggravate him, which is considered bullying.
ok

where's the part where you argue the fact that the word itself is/isn't racist?
Last edited by MistakesWereMade on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4099
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: Racism

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:How many people here are actually using it for serious things that can affect them later in life and into the real world
Web designers? Game designers? Youtubers who make money off of their videos?
*insert facepalm here*
Image

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Re: Racism

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:51 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:
Vinyl Scratch wrote:How many people here are actually using it for serious things that can affect them later in life and into the real world
Web designers? Game designers? Youtubers who make money off of their videos?
*insert facepalm here*
Are you doing any of those things? Also:
Vinyl Scratch wrote:How many people here are actually using it for serious things that can affect them later in life and into the real world
Vinyl Scratch wrote:How many people here are actually using it for serious things that can affect them later in life and into the real world
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4099
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: Racism

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:53 pm

Isn't Wohlstand a programmer? Isn't GhostHawk making Visual SMBX? Can you prove nobody here makes a living out of something on the internet?
Image

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Re: Racism

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Isn't Wohlstand a programmer? Isn't GhostHawk making Visual SMBX? Can you prove nobody here makes a living out of something on the internet?
They sure can, but the real question is this:
Are they the majority? Do the majority of people here know how to program? I know people do, but I'm pretty sure the majority doesn't actually know how, and if they did, we would probably already have another SMBX by then
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4099
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: Racism

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:59 pm

Aren't you pretty much switching topics now?

Yes, a lot of the things on the internet are not serious, but that's not the internet as a whole.
Image

Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Re: Racism

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Aren't you pretty much switching topics now?

Yes, a lot of the things on the internet are not serious, but that's not the internet as a whole.
Not trying to switch topics, just how I roll I guess
Of course that's not the internet as a whole, as there will always be businesses and shit going around, but the majority of the internet isn't comprised as that, and since none of us are technically business people, then we shouldn't really be worrying about the internet all too much until we want to actually do that
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4099
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: Racism

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:18 pm

If someone gets offended from someone saying something over the internet, then that means that they take some things seriously. We're all human, we have feelings, regardless if we're on the internet or not.
Image


Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests