This is the place for video games!
Nadav
Pokey
Pokey

Re: The wario apparition

Postby Nadav » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:58 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:55 am
I haven't seen any of the YouTube videos of the Wario apparition in Super Mario 64. But I can tell ya one thing, it's kind of scary imo if you see that as a young child back in the 1990's
So.. It's real.. Why did nintendo do that?
Check out my episodes:

FireyPaperMario
Toad
Toad
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:09 am

Nadav wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:58 am
So.. It's real.. Why did nintendo do that?
To be honest with you, I'm not sure why! Maybe they were trying to showcase the N64's powers I guess
Custom mega drive playable sprites
Mario RPG goals (62% completed)
My Pixiv
Best Quotes: show
Danny wrote:
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:49 pm
No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 am
That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:37 am

Nadav wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:37 am
Do you understand what is the issue with that wario apparition in sm64? Videos of a giant wario head that chases mario in sm64 began to spread.

I took a while to read this post so I fixed the typos.

Also funny videos.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

SparrowWithASword
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Flair: I like birds

Postby SparrowWithASword » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:46 am

Nadav wrote:
Do you understand what is the issue with that wario apparition in sm64? Videos of a giant wario head thar chases mario in sm64 begun to spreed.
Late reply, but basically it's a creepypasta about an experimental learning AI implemented in Super Mario 64 that does shit to your mind. It originated in 4chan, more specifically /v/ and /x/, with an image of a conspiracy iceberg listing random trivia from the game, and cryptid threads about the supposed AI.

I would recommend looking at videos like Mish Koz's dive into the iceberg image, but the short hand version of the whole thing refering specifically to the Wario apparition is that when the AI detects a desire in the player for Wario to be in Mario 64, it will make a giant Wario head appear in the hallway where the entrance to Dire Dire Docks and Bowser in the Fire sea is, however, this is an extremely rare event and it is recommended that the moment you feel Wario is about to appear, you turn off the console and destroy your cartridge, or else Wario will begin manifesting himself into the real world and mess with your mind by giving you epilepsy like synthoms.

Tl dr wario does the funny but its scary
Don't be afraid to make the switch to SMBX2, and don't feel pressured if you wish to not do it. Take my word for it, for I am just another casual user.

Nadav
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Nadav » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:54 am

SparrowWithASword wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:46 am
Nadav wrote:
Do you understand what is the issue with that wario apparition in sm64? Videos of a giant wario head thar chases mario in sm64 begun to spreed.
Late reply, but basically it's a creepypasta about an experimental learning AI implemented in Super Mario 64 that does shit to your mind. It originated in 4chan, more specifically /v/ and /x/, with an image of a conspiracy iceberg listing random trivia from the game, and cryptid threads about the supposed AI.

I would recommend looking at videos like Mish Koz's dive into the iceberg image, but the short hand version of the whole thing refering specifically to the Wario apparition is that when the AI detects a desire in the player for Wario to be in Mario 64, it will make a giant Wario head appear in the hallway where the entrance to Dire Dire Docks and Bowser in the Fire sea is, however, this is an extremely rare event and it is recommended that the moment you feel Wario is about to appear, you turn off the console and destroy your cartridge, or else Wario will begin manifesting himself into the real world and mess with your mind by giving you epilepsy like synthoms.

Tl dr wario does the funny but its scary
I know all this, I just didn't understand if it's real and why the hell Nintedo did that?
Check out my episodes:

TheGameyFireBro105
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Good at remakes

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Idunn wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:56 am
You said something about an issue, what is the issue with the videos where the big dude is chasing the tiny dude?
The issue is that there's so may users on youtube that think the N64 could possibly run these animations!!!

The apparition would seem plausible in-engine, if not for this video.
I love these episodes; Go and support:

SparrowWithASword
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Flair: I like birds

Postby SparrowWithASword » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Nadav wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:54 am
I know all this, I just didn't understand if it's real and why the hell Nintedo did that?
Oh, in that case, it's not real. It's just a campfire tale, something you tell to creep people out, even though it's not real.
Don't be afraid to make the switch to SMBX2, and don't feel pressured if you wish to not do it. Take my word for it, for I am just another casual user.

Idunn
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Robotic

Postby Idunn » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:29 am

TheGameyFireBro105 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:42 pm
Idunn wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:56 am
You said something about an issue, what is the issue with the videos where the big dude is chasing the tiny dude?
The issue is that there's so may users on youtube that think the N64 could possibly run these animations!!!

The apparition would seem plausible in-engine, if not for this video.

Nothing wrong with that? Hacking has evolved a lot and engines have been pushed to their limits a lot. Just take a look at the smw hacking scenario and how far that has been pushed to create stuff that wouldn’t be possible back then.
Please do not use any assets made for my Project! I will bring you to court if you do!

Kyasarin and Luminous were right all along!

My Project:
Spoiler: show
Projects that have my support:

TheGameyFireBro105
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Good at remakes

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:41 pm

I'm talking about the poly count. That wario would likely be a sprite if Nintendo actually put that in.
I love these episodes; Go and support:

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Murphmario » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:47 pm

The N64 probably can't support those animations, but chances are the Unreal remake could.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

zsec5500
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Re: Has someone ever played SMB:Fierce Days?

Postby zsec5500 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:17 am

Mable wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:16 am
Prado wrote:Search on google at your own risk
And why not just give the link?

Oh yeah that would be too much work i guess.
http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/43565
The old link doesn't work, here is the new link:
https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&pa ... 2&id=14943
Last edited by zsec5500 on Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

zsec5500
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby zsec5500 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:03 am

I played it before, I couldn't even beat the first level. Can anyone do a playthrough of this on YouTube?

Nadav
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Nadav » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:39 pm

That's not the only fan game I played from Hello engine, I played lots of them at my childhood, I think the best was Kingdom At Trouble.
Check out my episodes:

zsec5500
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby zsec5500 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:37 pm

Nadav wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:39 pm
That's not the only fan game I played from Hello engine, I played lots of them at my childhood, I think the best was Kingdom At Trouble.
Did you actually beat this hard game?

Nadav
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Nadav » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:56 am

zsec5500 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:37 pm
Nadav wrote:
Did you actually beat this hard game?
No
Check out my episodes:

zsec5500
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby zsec5500 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:46 pm

Nadav wrote:
Actually you meant that the best was Kingdom Troubles.

zsec5500
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby zsec5500 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:56 am

Does anyone know how many worlds are in this game?

KlickyMario321+
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Flair: Everyone's Favorite Playmobil Fan

What happened to Super Mario Bros: Super Star Magic Adventure?

Postby KlickyMario321+ » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:49 am

Several months ago, I was looking for new SMBX Episodes to play when I found an undiscovered episode called Super Mario Bros: Super Star Magic Adventure. Well, I tried posting my reply but it was locked, and I know why. It was because whoever created the episode stole other people's levels (and parts of levels) and claimed them as his own. I thought about it and left to find other episodes. But then, when I finally came back to that page to play the episode to see for myself (I bookmarked the page), it redirected me to their 404 page. It was as if I actually reached the end of the internet, but it wasn't. I realized that the page mysteriously DISAPPEARED! Poof! And now it's gone! GONE FOREVER! I WAS SO CLOSE TO DOWNLOADING THE EPISODE AND PLAYING IT TO THE END AND FINDING THE PLAGIRIZED LEVELS. I don't know if that got bossedit8 banned, but I know it wasn't that. How bossedit8 got banned was a different story. I then searched every last forum in the entire SMBX website, but it wasn't there.

But anyways, can you guys please tell me what happened to Super Mario Bros: Super Star Magic Adventure, and why it disappeared from the Project/Episodes forums? I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

R.I.P. Super Star Magic Adventure
:idea: KlickyMario321+ :idea:
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: One day, we can make the video game world a better place! If you want to make it a better place too, place this in your signature.

I support:

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Re: What happened to Super Mario Bros: Super Star Magic Adventure?

Postby Cedur » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:59 am

It obviously got deleted because it was a fully plagiarized episode. Threads that strongly violate the rules can get deleted by the mods. Absolutely trivial.

Granted, by the same logic his other bootleg should be deleted as well. Iirc it's just locked.

Why are you mourning a pathetic attempt of a random stupid kid who only came here to post that cheap fraud.

It's not "R.I.P".
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Nadav
Pokey
Pokey

Re: What happened to Super Mario Bros: Super Star Magic Adventure?

Postby Nadav » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:59 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:59 am
It obviously got deleted because it was a fully plagiarized episode. Threads that strongly violate the rules can get deleted by the mods. Absolutely trivial.

Granted, by the same logic his other bootleg should be deleted as well. Iirc it's just locked.

Why are you mourning a pathetic attempt of a random stupid kid who only came here to post that cheap fraud.

It's not "R.I.P".
You shouldn't call him like that bro, He just wanted to play an episode that looked nice to him.. basicly I can underatand him because there are not too much good episodes at this forum and it's hard to find them..
Check out my episodes:

Return to “Video Games”