The wario apparition

Off-topic discussion.
Nadav
Pokey
Pokey

The wario apparition

Postby Nadav » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:37 am

Do you understand what is the issue with that wario apparition in sm64? Videos of a giant wario head thar chases mario in sm64 begun to spreed.
Check out my episodes:

Idunn
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Robotic
Current Project: Super Mario Forces Timeline
Chat Username: Name you never find

Re: The wario apparition

Postby Idunn » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:56 am

You said something about an issue, what is the issue with the videos where the big dude is chasing the tiny dude?
Things i support!
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:55 am

I haven't seen any of the YouTube videos of the Wario apparition in Super Mario 64. But I can tell ya one thing, it's kind of scary imo if you see that as a young child back in the 1990's

Nadav
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Nadav » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:58 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:55 am
I haven't seen any of the YouTube videos of the Wario apparition in Super Mario 64. But I can tell ya one thing, it's kind of scary imo if you see that as a young child back in the 1990's
So.. It's real.. Why did nintendo do that?
Check out my episodes:

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:09 am

Nadav wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:58 am
So.. It's real.. Why did nintendo do that?
To be honest with you, I'm not sure why! Maybe they were trying to showcase the N64's powers I guess

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:37 am

Nadav wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:37 am
Do you understand what is the issue with that wario apparition in sm64? Videos of a giant wario head that chases mario in sm64 began to spread.

I took a while to read this post so I fixed the typos.

Also funny videos.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

SparrowWithASword
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Flair: I like birds
Current Project: Another generic SMBX episode (yes that's the name of the episode)
Chat Username: bird bowser

Postby SparrowWithASword » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:46 am

Nadav wrote:
Do you understand what is the issue with that wario apparition in sm64? Videos of a giant wario head thar chases mario in sm64 begun to spreed.
Late reply, but basically it's a creepypasta about an experimental learning AI implemented in Super Mario 64 that does shit to your mind. It originated in 4chan, more specifically /v/ and /x/, with an image of a conspiracy iceberg listing random trivia from the game, and cryptid threads about the supposed AI.

I would recommend looking at videos like Mish Koz's dive into the iceberg image, but the short hand version of the whole thing refering specifically to the Wario apparition is that when the AI detects a desire in the player for Wario to be in Mario 64, it will make a giant Wario head appear in the hallway where the entrance to Dire Dire Docks and Bowser in the Fire sea is, however, this is an extremely rare event and it is recommended that the moment you feel Wario is about to appear, you turn off the console and destroy your cartridge, or else Wario will begin manifesting himself into the real world and mess with your mind by giving you epilepsy like synthoms.

Tl dr wario does the funny but its scary
Don't be afraid to make the switch to SMBX2, and don't feel pressured if you wish to not do it. Take my word for it, for I am just another casual user.

Nadav
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Nadav » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:54 am

SparrowWithASword wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:46 am
Nadav wrote:
Late reply, but basically it's a creepypasta about an experimental learning AI implemented in Super Mario 64 that does shit to your mind. It originated in 4chan, more specifically /v/ and /x/, with an image of a conspiracy iceberg listing random trivia from the game, and cryptid threads about the supposed AI.

I would recommend looking at videos like Mish Koz's dive into the iceberg image, but the short hand version of the whole thing refering specifically to the Wario apparition is that when the AI detects a desire in the player for Wario to be in Mario 64, it will make a giant Wario head appear in the hallway where the entrance to Dire Dire Docks and Bowser in the Fire sea is, however, this is an extremely rare event and it is recommended that the moment you feel Wario is about to appear, you turn off the console and destroy your cartridge, or else Wario will begin manifesting himself into the real world and mess with your mind by giving you epilepsy like synthoms.

Tl dr wario does the funny but its scary
I know all this, I just didn't understand if it's real and why the hell Nintedo did that?
Check out my episodes:

TheGameyFireBro105
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Good at remakes
Chat Username: GameyFireBro

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Idunn wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:56 am
You said something about an issue, what is the issue with the videos where the big dude is chasing the tiny dude?
The issue is that there's so may users on youtube that think the N64 could possibly run these animations!!!

The apparition would seem plausible in-engine, if not for this video.
I love these episodes; Go and support:

SparrowWithASword
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Flair: I like birds
Current Project: Another generic SMBX episode (yes that's the name of the episode)
Chat Username: bird bowser

Postby SparrowWithASword » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:48 pm

Nadav wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:54 am
I know all this, I just didn't understand if it's real and why the hell Nintedo did that?
Oh, in that case, it's not real. It's just a campfire tale, something you tell to creep people out, even though it's not real.
Don't be afraid to make the switch to SMBX2, and don't feel pressured if you wish to not do it. Take my word for it, for I am just another casual user.

Idunn
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Robotic
Current Project: Super Mario Forces Timeline
Chat Username: Name you never find

Postby Idunn » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:29 am

TheGameyFireBro105 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:42 pm
Idunn wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:56 am
The issue is that there's so may users on youtube that think the N64 could possibly run these animations!!!

The apparition would seem plausible in-engine, if not for this video.

Nothing wrong with that? Hacking has evolved a lot and engines have been pushed to their limits a lot. Just take a look at the smw hacking scenario and how far that has been pushed to create stuff that wouldn’t be possible back then.
Things i support!
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

TheGameyFireBro105
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Good at remakes
Chat Username: GameyFireBro

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:41 pm

I'm talking about the poly count. That wario would likely be a sprite if Nintendo actually put that in.
I love these episodes; Go and support:

Murphmario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Project planned; waiting for SMBX2 Beta 4

Postby Murphmario » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:47 pm

The N64 probably can't support those animations, but chances are the Unreal remake could.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Really tempted to just make a general graphics thread for all of my graphics instead of just making individual threads for each of them.

Return to “Sandbox”