Tech Talk

Off-topic discussion.
ben
Rex
Rex
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: What browser are you using

Postby ben » Sat May 02, 2020 6:23 pm

I'm using Edge.

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6683
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: What browser are you using

Postby Cedur » Sun May 03, 2020 5:27 am

ben wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:23 pm
I'm using Edge.

do you feel fine with it? I'm pretty pissed from the fact that it's used by default for saving webpages / hyperlinks in text documents etc etc
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3453
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Contact:

Re: What browser are you using

Postby HeroLinik » Sun May 03, 2020 8:12 am

Used to use Firefox due to a certain extension I wanted to use only working with Firefox. I switched over to Chrome in 2014 and haven't looked back since.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

User avatar
cato
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:06 am
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression
Contact:

Re: What browser are you using

Postby cato » Sun May 03, 2020 9:14 am

Google Chrome
Extensions: Grammarly, Adblock, Dark Reader.
Freedom, Human Rights, Fairness, Democracy, Rule of Law, Righteousness, Courageness, Human Nature, Conscience, Goodwill, Ethics, Beliefs, Hope.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6092
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Contact:

Re: What browser are you using

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun May 03, 2020 9:23 am

cato wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:14 am
Extensions: Grammarly
I use Grammarly, but not as a Edge Extension....
Custom mega drive playable sprites
Mario RPG goals (62% completed)
My Pixiv
Best Quotes: show
Danny wrote:
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:49 pm
No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 am
That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4697
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: What browser are you using

Postby Aero » Sun May 03, 2020 4:29 pm


ben
Rex
Rex
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: What browser are you using

Postby ben » Mon May 04, 2020 2:29 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:27 am
ben wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:23 pm
I'm using Edge.

do you feel fine with it? I'm pretty pissed from the fact that it's used by default for saving webpages / hyperlinks in text documents etc etc
I'm feel fine with it.

Everything I want to do with this browser I can do with it.

User avatar
computerfan0
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: Bring the Wiki back!
Contact:

Re: What browser are you using

Postby computerfan0 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:47 pm

Google Chrome. Google account integration matters to me, and so does being available on Linux.
Image
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

User avatar
computerfan0
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: Bring the Wiki back!
Contact:

Re: Which operating system do you use?

Postby computerfan0 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:54 pm

I use Windows 10 for programs that need it, but use Linux Mint for ones that run natively on it.

I'm too lazy to install Wine. Also, I really hate Windows 10 because it keeps forgetting that it's daylight savings time and spends way too long updating.
Image
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4697
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Which operating system do you use?

Postby Aero » Mon May 04, 2020 5:07 pm

I use Linux Mint, but I've been considering other distros to try. I use my computer as an internet browser mostly so it really doesn't matter what I pick as long as there's no spyware and the UI feels right. Also I've been following this project: https://www.redox-os.org/ and would consider it as a main OS once it's more mature and can fully support Firefox/Tor Browser for safe and secure browsing.
computerfan0 wrote: I use Windows 10 for programs that need it, but use Linux Mint for ones that run natively on it.

I'm too lazy to install Wine. Also, I really hate Windows 10 because it keeps forgetting that it's daylight savings time and spends way too long updating.
Are you dual booting?

User avatar
computerfan0
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 am
Flair: Bring the Wiki back!
Contact:

Re: Which operating system do you use?

Postby computerfan0 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:14 pm

Aero wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:07 pm
I use Linux Mint, but I've been considering other distros to try. I use my computer as an internet browser mostly so it really doesn't matter what I pick as long as there's no spyware and the UI feels right. Also I've been following this project: https://www.redox-os.org/ and would consider it as a main OS once it's more mature and can fully support Firefox/Tor Browser for safe and secure browsing.
computerfan0 wrote: I use Windows 10 for programs that need it, but use Linux Mint for ones that run natively on it.

I'm too lazy to install Wine. Also, I really hate Windows 10 because it keeps forgetting that it's daylight savings time and spends way too long updating.
Are you dual booting?
Yes. Means that I don't have much space on my 500GB hard drive, but that's what happens when you don't buy a half-decent PC.
Image
(GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
computerfan0's Backloggery
computerfan0 on Reddit
computerfan0 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 21125827641 8:11 pm
quoting myself, why

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4697
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Which operating system do you use?

Postby Aero » Mon May 04, 2020 5:42 pm

It's not a good idea to dual boot unless you know what you're doing. It can potentially cause stability issues and there's a risk of data loss with OS updates. Windows 10 is "forgetting" the time because it keeps track of time differently than Linux, a consequence of dual boot: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ubunt ... _Conflicts

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: Which operating system do you use?

Postby Eri7 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:50 pm

I'm using Windows 7 for the time being.

User avatar
Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2566
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: nyā (にゃー)

Re: Which operating system do you use?

Postby Rhosty » Mon May 04, 2020 8:05 pm

I don't have a computer or laptop as of now, I'm currently using an Android NUU A7L with Google GO
Image omg zoom is absolute trash, why does my school still use it

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6683
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: Which operating system do you use?

Postby Cedur » Tue May 05, 2020 4:14 am

Eri7 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:50 pm
I'm using Windows 7 for the time being.

is your PC fine? I already wanted to ask you for a long time, how are you backing up your works and provide against contingencies?
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: Which operating system do you use?

Postby Eri7 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:24 am

Cedur wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:14 am
Eri7 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:50 pm
I'm using Windows 7 for the time being.

is your PC fine? I already wanted to ask you for a long time, how are you backing up your works and provide against contingencies?
The same way as before? Idk? My pc works perfectly fine hence why I haven't moved to Win10 as of yet (and because I don't know how to do it and if it's worth it).

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6683
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: Which operating system do you use?

Postby Cedur » Tue May 05, 2020 5:28 am

Eri7 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:24 am
Cedur wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:14 am
Eri7 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:50 pm
I'm using Windows 7 for the time being.

is your PC fine? I already wanted to ask you for a long time, how are you backing up your works and provide against contingencies?
The same way as before? Idk? My pc works perfectly fine hence why I haven't moved to Win10 as of yet (and because I don't know how to do it and if it's worth it).

I mean, how do you back up your data? Do you use a USB or external hard drive on a regular basis, or do you put WIP stuff on a cloud? Like, would you use any valuable data if your PC suddenly crashed? (I can tell from own experience that things can happen out of nowhere. Not likely, but never impossible).
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: Which operating system do you use?

Postby Eri7 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:43 am

Cedur wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:28 am
Eri7 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:24 am
Cedur wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:14 am



is your PC fine? I already wanted to ask you for a long time, how are you backing up your works and provide against contingencies?
The same way as before? Idk? My pc works perfectly fine hence why I haven't moved to Win10 as of yet (and because I don't know how to do it and if it's worth it).

I mean, how do you back up your data? Do you use a USB or external hard drive on a regular basis, or do you put WIP stuff on a cloud? Like, would you use any valuable data if your PC suddenly crashed? (I can tell from own experience that things can happen out of nowhere. Not likely, but never impossible).
Most of my important stuff are on discord and mediafire so I don't have that much to worry about, also iirc, my pc does back up data because I have successfully reseted it back to a previous state at one point but I don't really remember since that was 3 years ago.

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2372
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 am

Re: Which operating system do you use?

Postby Unidentified » Wed May 06, 2020 4:02 pm

I use Win10 and Linux Mint, but due to issues that came up I am considering scrapping the entire configuration and only keeping Mint.

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4697
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: Which operating system do you use?

Postby Aero » Wed May 06, 2020 7:36 pm

What issues came up?


Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests