COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Off-topic discussion.
Idunn
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Robotic

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Idunn » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:57 am

I dunno, but i despise it when people don't take this thread and it's situations that it revolves around serious and try to be funny.

At this point it kinda shows how some people don't care what is happening atm.
Things i support!
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

CJ_RLushi
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Intention is what matters

Postby CJ_RLushi » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:40 pm

Yeah started to figure that out, so by now its just ignoring, in other news my city is going into quarantine again, just that its by sections
My episode lol:

idruinn
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: Don't worry, be happy!

Postby idruinn » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:47 am

I think that some of you don't really understand what is truly happening: everyone treat this thread seriously but I think you are viewing the information that others share with a narrow minded point of view and this doesn't help to understand each other when different informations are exposed.
Last edited by idruinn on Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you wish to understand the Universe think of energy, frequency and vibration.

If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the Universe.

What we now want is closer contact and better understanding between individuals and communities all over the Earth, and the elimination of egoism and pride which is always prone to plunge the world into primeval barbarism and strife. Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment.

Nikola Tesla

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:15 am

idruinn wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:47 am
I think that many of you don't really understand what is truly happening: everyone treat this thread seriously but I think you are viewing the information that others share with a narrow minded point of view and this doesn't help to understand each other when different informations are exposed.

I thought you wanted to back down with your alt truths. Accept science over religion before pointing fingers to others.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

idruinn
Swooper
Swooper

Postby idruinn » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:02 am

Cedur wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:15 am
idruinn wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:47 am
I think that many of you don't really understand what is truly happening: everyone treat this thread seriously but I think you are viewing the information that others share with a narrow minded point of view and this doesn't help to understand each other when different informations are exposed.

I thought you wanted to back down with your alt truths. Accept science over religion before pointing fingers to others.
I will not participate in the thread to share my points of view about Covid-19 as I said. I just say that if you go with a narrow minded point of view then you will not understand the different points of view that everyone have.
If you wish to understand the Universe think of energy, frequency and vibration.

If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the Universe.

What we now want is closer contact and better understanding between individuals and communities all over the Earth, and the elimination of egoism and pride which is always prone to plunge the world into primeval barbarism and strife. Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment.

Nikola Tesla

Idunn
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Robotic

Postby Idunn » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:46 am

IMO people like this Bolso dude guy got what he wanted, i don't want him to be dead or something ofc no one deserves that.
But by them getting Covid-19 they might realize how dumb they sounded when they say shit like "Haha Coronavirus doesn't exist"

I haven't seen one of those people who pretend COVID-19 doesn't exist show any kind of Evidence for it's non existence.

In reality i wish that people like this Hillde guy in germany who is also a Anti-Covid dude get's it as well, just for the sake that we can all laugh and point at him and say "That's what you get for pretending the Virus doesn't exist and believing that everyone who takes safety against is a stupid Idiot."

Oh also Mister Trump now suddenly started to wear a mask out of the sudden.

It might sound harsh and rude to wish upon them getting it, but in most cases those who act like something doesn't exist end up getting it after all.
Things i support!
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:51 am

Attila Hildmann is not just an "anti-covidist" but a very right-extreme moron in general. He should be put on trial like as soon as possible

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

idruinn
Swooper
Swooper

Postby idruinn » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:20 pm

I do not deny science.

Nikola Tesla

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:43 am

This virus will never go away just like the bubonic plague that just popped back up. Shutting down the country will not solve the problem and causes companies to shut down permanently. You can slow it down but it will always be here even with a vaccine just like the common flu.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:28 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:43 am
This virus will never go away just like the bubonic plague that just popped back up. Shutting down the country will not solve the problem and causes companies to shut down permanently. You can slow it down but it will always be here even with a vaccine just like the common flu.

What matters more, economy or human lives?

Lockdown measures DO make a difference on human lives.
At least if they had been applied early enough and if your president were not such an asshole.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:03 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:28 am
Teemster2 wrote:

At least if they had been applied early enough and if your president were not such an asshole.
That was partly China's fault. They knew about it in November and did not say anything until after a whistle blower spoke up months later.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:19 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:03 am
Cedur wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:28 am
Teemster2 wrote:

That was partly China's fault. They knew about it in November and did not say anything until after a whistle blower spoke up months later.
I think as a society we've long reached the point where we've accepted the fact that the virus became a pandemic and praise/blame is instead put upon the way individual countries handled the repercussions. Unanimously agreeing that the virus successfully escaped China and that the chinese government is pretty bad with human rights and truth and whatnot won't help. Shifting focus on it just distracts from the millions of Americans that'll die or overcome this pandemic with permanent physical damage because the american administration specifically didn't instantly respond like many european and asian countries have successfully done. Of course, other countries are also handling the situation badly, but that's not the point either. More administrations messing up doesn't make this case any less severe.

On the topic of "economy or human lives" that Cedur brought up, I saw this little statistics exercise earlier that perfectly illustrates that this isn't an either-or thing. Even with a low death rate the root problem is that if nothing is done, people will die and the economy will inevitably tank as a result.
https://twitter.com/MosheMF/status/1282363318875885568
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:00 pm

I'd say tourism is also partially at fault for spreading the virus. Also Germany now also crossed 200,000 infections.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:39 pm

15k new cases in Florida.

zioy
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zioy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:13 am

Texas has been spiking as well, but there’s a slim chance that the threat of a second lockdown will actually make people take precautions and stop being stupid. It’s unlikely, and my optimism has been misplaced before, but I’m crossing my fingers on this one. But this is America after all, land of freedumb, so more likely than not the numbers will just keep going up and we’ll lock down again.

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy

Postby Aero » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:35 am

This will be worse than the Great Depression. This happens in failed states.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:44 am

I know it's supposed to be a serious video, but it's really hard to take it seriously or understand it at times when the narrator sounds like he's had one too many drinks. I managed to understand the general concept of it though.

I also would like to point out that we're past the pointing-fingers phase at this point, the only thing that matters now is to get through these difficult times and that we should be prepared for the worst. Also, the whole thing about China not warning anybody, the existence of the COVID-19 has been known waay before it had reached the US, heck, before it got out of Asia. But because, again, pointing fingers is somehow a necessity the US government didn't take the truly necessary measures because it even doubted the virus's existence in the first place.

In the topic of the economy or human lives, I think that we can't really pick one or the other. Both are important and figuring out solutions for them is what matters. For example, many businesses in Uruguay have taken to keeping their service with as little human contact as possible, like pizzerias only doing delivery instead of in-the-house service, or Supermarkets extending their delivery hours. Of course, there are those businesses that just can't do that, like the state bank where I work. In situations like mine, we just have to suck it up and do it. Yes, it's dangerous, but we have little choice.

Teemster2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:31 am

Fuyu wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:44 am
I know it's supposed to be a serious video, but it's really hard to take it seriously or understand it at times when the narrator sounds like he's had one too many drinks. I managed to understand the general concept of it though.

I also would like to point out that we're past the pointing-fingers phase at this point, the only thing that matters now is to get through these difficult times and that we should be prepared for the worst. Also, the whole thing about China not warning anybody, the existence of the COVID-19 has been known waay before it had reached the US, heck, before it got out of Asia. But because, again, pointing fingers is somehow a necessity the US government didn't take the truly necessary measures because it even doubted the virus's existence in the first place.

In the topic of the economy or human lives, I think that we can't really pick one or the other. Both are important and figuring out solutions for them is what matters. For example, many businesses in Uruguay have taken to keeping their service with as little human contact as possible, like pizzerias only doing delivery instead of in-the-house service, or Supermarkets extending their delivery hours. Of course, there are those businesses that just can't do that, like the state bank where I work. In situations like mine, we just have to suck it up and do it. Yes, it's dangerous, but we have little choice.
China could have prevented many deaths so yes I blame them. They are partly responsible for this entire mess.

Trump said Hydroxycloroquine worked and a new study shows the drug actually did work and prevented many covid 19 deaths. So that is good news.

Lastly the New vaccine was tested today in America with very promising results. If the results continue to be promising the pandemic will be over and we all can go back to normal lives.

idruinn
Swooper
Swooper

Postby idruinn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:42 am

We will never go back to normal lives. This is a turning point with no possibility of returning to the past. We are at the dawn of the New World Order. You should already know that. Everything is happening as planned.

Nikola Tesla

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:42 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:31 am
China could have prevented many deaths so yes I blame them. They are partly responsible for this entire mess.
'aight mr.perfect

Return to “Sandbox”