COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Off-topic discussion.
User avatar
mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 pm
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby mechamind » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:14 am

Aero wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:00 pm
One of the most dangerous ideas out there...
You think that's dangerous? I found an article suggesting that in what's going on, the Chinese lockdown is a "silver bullet" to stopping climate change. Imagine if someone deliberately took that to the extreme. I bet there's some idiot out there who would do that.

The "silver bullet" article in question (Note: Paywall activates after a trial)

https://medium.com/age-of-awareness/is- ... 6af11f4dfb
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

* * * * *

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4697
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Aero » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:32 am

Yeah that's really stupid. There's a lot of news articles talking about this as a cost vs benefit situation.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4534
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Contact:

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Electriking » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:37 pm

After Friday, the UK will be finally closing all of its schools indefinitely.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
Contact:

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby ShadowStarX » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:40 pm

Electriking wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:37 pm
After Friday, the UK will be finally closing all of its schools indefinitely.
What took them so long...
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Shadow Yoshi, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"A serious joke question" - MECHDRAGON777, 2020

My Project - The Mysteries of Bowser's Castle


User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4534
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Contact:

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Electriking » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:19 pm

ShadowStarX wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:40 pm
Electriking wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:37 pm
After Friday, the UK will be finally closing all of its schools indefinitely.
What took them so long...
Tories wanted everyone to get infected until WHO and every other country criticised them for it. Also, since it has been suggested that schools would have to remain closed for 16 weeks to be beneficial in reducing the spread of the virus, this will likely mean schools are closed for the rest of the academic year, since there would be literally just 1 week of term left before the summer holidays, and thus not much point in reopening until September (unless they decide to open schools when the summer holidays were supposed to take place).

Also exams have been cancelled, but the government has said they would ensure students still get their qualifications.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
CD20Superness
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby CD20Superness » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:29 am

Electriking wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:19 pm
ShadowStarX wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:40 pm
Electriking wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:37 pm
After Friday, the UK will be finally closing all of its schools indefinitely.
What took them so long...
Tories wanted everyone to get infected until WHO and every other country criticised them for it. Also, since it has been suggested that schools would have to remain closed for 16 weeks to be beneficial in reducing the spread of the virus, this will likely mean schools are closed for the rest of the academic year, since there would be literally just 1 week of term left before the summer holidays, and thus not much point in reopening until September (unless they decide to open schools when the summer holidays were supposed to take place).

Also exams have been cancelled, but the government has said they would ensure students still get their qualifications.
At least school's canceled for a month here.
i'm a teenage boy who likes multitasking.

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4697
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Aero » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:05 am


User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4534
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Contact:

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Electriking » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:10 pm


https://youtu.be/BdsAqs5o_LY

TL;DW: Stay the fuck home!
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
username829054
Banned
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:57 pm

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby username829054 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:32 pm

china is stupid really stupid :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by Aero on Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User was warned for this post.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6092
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Contact:

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:30 pm

Electriking wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:10 pm

https://youtu.be/BdsAqs5o_LY

TL;DW: Stay the fuck home!
But what if I have to go to work? :shock:
Custom mega drive playable sprites
Mario RPG goals (62% completed)
My Pixiv
Best Quotes: show
Danny wrote:
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:49 pm
No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 am
That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Contact:

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Chanceux2 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:40 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:30 pm
Electriking wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:10 pm

https://youtu.be/BdsAqs5o_LY

TL;DW: Stay the fuck home!
But what if I have to go to work? :shock:
But works should be closed

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6092
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Contact:

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:47 pm

Chanceux2 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:40 pm
But works should be closed
Not at my Papa John's job
Custom mega drive playable sprites
Mario RPG goals (62% completed)
My Pixiv
Best Quotes: show
Danny wrote:
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:49 pm
No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 am
That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4697
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Aero » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:50 am


User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6683
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Cedur » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:10 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:47 pm
Chanceux2 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:40 pm
But works should be closed
Not at my Papa John's job

What exactly is your job? (seems like you can't do homeoffice?)
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6092
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Contact:

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:15 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:10 pm
What exactly is your job? (seems like you can't do homeoffice?)
Flyers delivery guy! Been doing it for about i think 4 years
Custom mega drive playable sprites
Mario RPG goals (62% completed)
My Pixiv
Best Quotes: show
Danny wrote:
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:49 pm
No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 am
That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD

User avatar
Cedur
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6683
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Cedur » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:38 pm

The list of prominent people who are infected or need to be quarantined gets longer and longer. Now even german chancellor Angela Merkel is quarantined (due to contact with someone infected).
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2372
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 am

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Unidentified » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Over 1500 cases have been confirmed in Brazil, and multiple government officials have been infected. A significant number of people(Myself included) have been shutting themselves at home. According to the Minister of Health, our Healthcare system could collapse until the end of April.

Aero
Administrator
Posts: 4697
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Aero » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:07 pm

Brazil isn't doing too great under Bolsonaro. Social distancing is absolutely necessary. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN21913N

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2372
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 am

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Unidentified » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Aero wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:07 pm
Brazil isn't doing too great under Bolsonaro. Social distancing is absolutely necessary. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN21913N
If it depends on Bolsonaro, we are all screwed. I am staying at home for as long as this virus goes on, and everyone should do the same.

User avatar
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(
Contact:

Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Postby Chanceux2 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:27 am

Thehelmetguy1 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 pm
Aero wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:07 pm
Brazil isn't doing too great under Bolsonaro. Social distancing is absolutely necessary. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN21913N
If it depends on Bolsonaro, we are all screwed. I am staying at home for as long as this virus goes on, and everyone should do the same.
I wish I could just go outside


Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests