YouTube is deleting channels that doesn't make money!

Off-topic discussion.
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^

YouTube is deleting channels that doesn't make money!

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:36 pm

Yup, it's the fucking nightmare came true for both non-profit YouTube channels with tons of subs & small "Just a non-profit" YouTube channels! As the stupid staff of YouTube decided to delete all channels with small subscriber count and non-profit shits next month. This will be bad because I believe everyone in the SMBX who has a channel could LOSE everything they work hard on due to this "demon from hell" bullshit.
Here's the video:

I'm worried about this too btw, as I been using a channel for freaking Eleven years, and I use my channel to socialize and non-profit! And I'm gonna lose all that YouTube experience if this is true!
(Coming soon in 82 days from today: Sega Mega Drive GFX pack)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD

OlieGamerTV
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: YouTube is deleting channels that doesn't make money!

Postby OlieGamerTV » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:23 pm

Yeah, I've heard of this situation as well.

It really sucks, as I wanted to get back to making youtube videos, but seeing this just deters me from actually returning to youtube, as many others risk doing tons of hard work editing just for youtube to kick these small channels out onto the curb because they are small.

I don't think they will change their mind though, which is kinda sad, as it pretty much means that after all these channels are kicked off, they will most likely start kicking off any channel that doesn't make them any money in like an month's time.
My Projects
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 31&t=20473

I Support These Projects
Spoiler: show

mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Postby mechamind » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:54 pm

I looked at a Reddit thread about this. "Commercially viable" doesn't necessarily mean because of the lack of views or profit or whatever.

* It could be because a channel turns advertisers away because of their offensive or political content. If one of the biggest YouTubers went on a political rampage, regardless of whether they're monetized, they would be shot down sooner than any very small YouTubers.
* One Reddit comment suggested that while storage costs money, it would be much more expensive to take everything down. That would make sense for the channels that don't get many views, but those with higher average view counts and no monetization would be easier to find.
* "Commercially viable" content could also refer to the website's additional features, and not the video storage. Features such as Annotations, Friends lists, and Video Responses could have been removed for this reason.
* There has been some emphasis on targeting anyone who uses Adblock, which many viewers probably never used. But even then, I don't know if Adblock even requires you to have a YouTube account. I've never used it, so I wouldn't know (that said, I have YouTube Premium, so it wouldn't matter to me anyway).

Now if YouTube actually did terminate channels, I do think that the videos would be hidden but not deleted from the server. They would only delete them if it was the user's choice to do so.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

cato
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Creative, opinionated, but poor expression

Postby cato » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:23 am

I mean, if Youtube really delete channels, they will face the wrath of the community with its controversy or maybe some financial backlash.

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:37 am

YT's explanations
We made some changes to our Terms of Service in order to make them easier to read and to ensure they’re up to date. We’re not changing the way our products work, how we collect or process data, or any of your settings
To clarify, there are no new rights in our ToS to terminate an account bc it’s not making money. As before, we may discontinue certain YouTube features or parts of the service, for ex., if they're outdated or have low usage. This does not impact creators/viewers in any new ways.

so, keep your cool for the moment I'd say
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

mechamind
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: You can set your mind to it!

Postby mechamind » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:38 am

I found a video, and it says it was uploaded by a law firm. The first 2 minutes and the final 1/3 of the video suggest that nothing much is really changing (at least in terms of profitability). What happens now still could have happened under their old terms.

If you can handle 32 minutes of listening to a legal expert:

Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:30 pm

mechamind wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:38 am
I found a video, and it says it was uploaded by a law firm. The first 2 minutes and the final 1/3 of the video suggest that nothing much is really changing (at least in terms of profitability). What happens now still could have happened under their old terms.

If you can handle 32 minutes of listening to a legal expert:

So there's some hope for us small YouTube channels after all! :D
(Coming soon in 82 days from today: Sega Mega Drive GFX pack)
Mario RPG goals (62% of the goals completed)
My Pixiv
I'm autistic & have ADHD

Unidentified
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Unidentified » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:19 pm

YouTube won't do anything to small channels. This is basically there to remove controversial channels and things of the sort when they can't get any other reason to terminate it, so they will just say it is not commercially viable.

Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: squid kid

Postby Rhosty » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:35 pm

I knew they weren't going to do anything outrageous, judging from Cedur's quotes

KlickyMario321+
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Flair: Everyone's Favorite Playmobil Fan

Postby KlickyMario321+ » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:25 pm

Right now, I'm really glad that RTR (Ryan ToysReview) didn't get terminated in the first place. I think my support project #SaveRyanYT worked after all. You can learn all about it when I release my NSMBX Special Funpack, which will be finished soon. And I mean, long after this reply is posted.

Have a good day!

P.S. I'm pretty sure said channel was a channel that was made-for-kids. I saw a screenshot of YouTube Kids with one of the videos of said channel. And you shouldn't be confused if you played SMBX: The Great YouTube War of 2020. That is all, really! ;)
:idea: KlickyMario321+ :idea:
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: One day, we can make the video game world a better place! If you want to make it a better place too, place this in your signature.

I support:

Idunn
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Robotic

Postby Idunn » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:02 am

KlickyMario321+ wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:25 pm
Right now, I'm really glad that RTR (Ryan ToysReview) didn't get terminated in the first place. I think my support project #SaveRyanYT worked after all. You can learn all about it when I release my NSMBX Special Funpack, which will be finished soon. And I mean, long after this reply is posted.

Have a good day!

P.S. I'm pretty sure said channel was a channel that was made-for-kids. I saw a screenshot of YouTube Kids with one of the videos of said channel. And you shouldn't be confused if you played SMBX: The Great YouTube War of 2020. That is all, really! ;)
1. Read Cedurs Post, there was never any means of channel terminations.
2. I doubt a hashtag trend you made prevented that, they haven’t helped ever cause in the end it’s the decision of someone who else.
3. Did you just bump this to like promote something you do for no reason.
Things i support!
ImageImage

KlickyMario321+
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby KlickyMario321+ » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:39 pm

Okay, I take everything I said yesterday back! And I admit it! :shock: Ryan ToysReview wasn't really terminated EVER, and I lied about the support project #SaveRyanYT. The truth is...

THE #SAVERYANYT SUPPORT PROJECT WAS NEVER EVEN STARTED!!! I'm sorry. Please don't kick me out. I told the truth, the entire truth, and ONLY the truth. :(

I hope you can forgive me.

Also, phew! Thanks for telling me the truth about YouTube's new Terms of Service, Cedur! I knew no YouTube Kids channels would be terminated from this new ToS. Well, we figured it out. No reason for me to conversate about the Ad-Pocalypse anymore. :D

But thank you all for sharing this useful information. It helped really well. And don't forget to download and play my NSMBX Special Funpack which is coming soon only on the SMBX Forums!

Thank you for reading, and have a great day!
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: One day, we can make the video game world a better place! If you want to make it a better place too, place this in your signature.

I support:

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:54 pm

KlickyMario321+ wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:39 pm
But thank you all for sharing this useful information. It helped really well. And don't forget to download and play my NSMBX Special Funpack which is coming soon only on the SMBX Forums!
Please don't promote your projects in irrelevant topics such as this one.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

KlickyMario321+
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby KlickyMario321+ » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:38 am

Sorry, I just started that project and didn't know what to do with it.

I support:

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:55 am

KlickyMario321+ wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:38 am
Sorry, I just started that project and didn't know what to do with it.

May I quickly ask, how old are you as you are quickly and gullibly taken in by random sources on the Internet that often prove to be manipulative?

(this also refers to your post in the covid-19 thread)
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Return to “Sandbox”