Page 1 of 19

What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:28 pm
by thegameseum

What's going on in your life?

This is a topic to discuss what's happening in your life. It can be positive or negative, and you can vent about things you don't like. You can be general or specific, but don't be rude and make fun of people because of what's going on in their life. It's not nice.

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:24 pm
by Rhosty
My mom passed away in January, so that's something I have to deal with.

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:34 pm
by Eri7
Well currently, my life is starting to get slowly better, last month ago i was very close to losing my home and education and this month i had to assist my step father and my baby sister 4 times in total to the emergency because bad stuff keep happening to my family and its making me very stressed. My smbx project's stuff keep getting harder and harder to make because of the expectations of them as they are very high, so i sacrifice sleep time and a lot of my free time to be consistent with progress. School is going fine, not really good but because this school year was very hard for me because i had to translate for my parents a lot, i missed out over 200 hours from school so i wasn't able to get good marks because of this. Im hoping next school year will be better because there were a lot of problems that happened to my family since my grandpa passed away last summer but i have managed to fix a lot of them so there is hope for a better future.
So yeah, i am also a student and i am attending a vocational school, i am required to do an intern because of my current and past class so i have so far had 4 interns, currently i am doing an intern as a social assistant at a retirement home and i like it. I really hope everything gets better for me, both irl and project wise as i really want to bring something good to play to this community and remove all biased thinking towards me as a creator.

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:58 pm
by Scroll
Eureka wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:24 pm
My mom passed away in January, so that's something I have to deal with.
I feel so sorry for you

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 pm
by PopYoshi
I'm suffering for a broken heart because the friend I liked rejected me, and I feel too charged emotionally that I just want to hug the pillow every night expecting some relieving

I'm also trying to deal with my social problems, which means I'm trying to be more social and less shy, a hard and long road :/
I'm afraid about what could happen with my project this time, I don't feel too inspired this time and I don't want expectation to go down

I'm trying to see if I can get money drawing because things get harder everyday in my country and I need the money, we just got 2 sacks of milk and both of them were expired (yeah, that's the milk that the government gives to the people), and I'm trying to overcome the envy I feel towards my artist friends who are better than me in several ways

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:39 am
by Cedur
Trying to get my master thesis started, and struggling with the calculations.

Still no driving license.

Lost my Hearts statistics at cardgames.io due to accidentally deleting cookies.

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:26 am
by MegaDood
PopYoshi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 pm
I'm suffering for a broken heart because the friend I liked rejected me, and I feel too charged emotionally that I just want to hug the pillow every night expecting some relieving

I'm also trying to deal with my social problems, which means I'm trying to be more social and less shy, a hard and long road :/
I'm afraid about what could happen with my project this time, I don't feel too inspired this time and I don't want expectation to go down

I'm trying to see if I can get money drawing because things get harder everyday in my country and I need the money, we just got 2 sacks of milk and both of them were expired (yeah, that's the milk that the government gives to the people), and I'm trying to overcome the envy I feel towards my artist friends who are better than me in several ways
Ah dude, I'm sorry for all that. You'll find someone one day, it takes a lot of time. And, even if you don't feel superior in your artistic talents, everyone has their own strength, you just gotta find yours and show the world.

Added in 10 minutes 9 seconds:
Eureka wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:24 pm
My mom passed away in January, so that's something I have to deal with.
I'm really sorry to hear about that. With time, I'm sure things will become easier to deal with.

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:31 am
by PopYoshi
MegaDood wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:42 am
PopYoshi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 pm
I'm suffering for a broken heart because the friend I liked rejected me, and I feel too charged emotionally that I just want to hug the pillow every night expecting some relieving

I'm also trying to deal with my social problems, which means I'm trying to be more social and less shy, a hard and long road :/
I'm afraid about what could happen with my project this time, I don't feel too inspired this time and I don't want expectation to go down

I'm trying to see if I can get money drawing because things get harder everyday in my country and I need the money, we just got 2 sacks of milk and both of them were expired (yeah, that's the milk that the government gives to the people), and I'm trying to overcome the envy I feel towards my artist friends who are better than me in several ways

Ah dude, I'm sorry for all that. You'll find someone one day, it takes a lot of time. And, even if you don't feel superior in your artistic talents, everyone has their own strength, you just gotta find yours and show the world.

Added in 10 minutes 9 seconds:
Eureka wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:24 pm
My mom passed away in January, so that's something I have to deal with.
I'm really sorry to hear about that. With time, I'm sure things will become easier to deal with.

Actually I'm pretty good at what I do, but the rest are always who get the attention

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:32 am
by MegaDood
PopYoshi wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:31 am
MegaDood wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:42 am
PopYoshi wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 pm
I'm suffering for a broken heart because the friend I liked rejected me, and I feel too charged emotionally that I just want to hug the pillow every night expecting some relieving

I'm also trying to deal with my social problems, which means I'm trying to be more social and less shy, a hard and long road :/
I'm afraid about what could happen with my project this time, I don't feel too inspired this time and I don't want expectation to go down

I'm trying to see if I can get money drawing because things get harder everyday in my country and I need the money, we just got 2 sacks of milk and both of them were expired (yeah, that's the milk that the government gives to the people), and I'm trying to overcome the envy I feel towards my artist friends who are better than me in several ways

Ah dude, I'm sorry for all that. You'll find someone one day, it takes a lot of time. And, even if you don't feel superior in your artistic talents, everyone has their own strength, you just gotta find yours and show the world.

Added in 10 minutes 9 seconds:
Eureka wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:24 pm
My mom passed away in January, so that's something I have to deal with.
I'm really sorry to hear about that. With time, I'm sure things will become easier to deal with.

Actually I'm pretty good at what I do, but the rest are always who get the attention
Ah ok. That kind of sucks, I understand what it can be like to feel that way.

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:17 am
by Eri7
Guys, why am i like the only one(+cedur) who is getting ignored?

I guess my backstory isn't hardcore enough...

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:32 am
by Waddle
Eri7 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:17 am
Guys, why am i like the only one(+cedur) who is getting ignored?

I guess my backstory isn't hardcore enough...
Don't do this, it's immensely insensitive. I'm not saying this as an admin but as a user; of course what's going on in your life matters as well, but that doesn't mean that it must be discussed right now. Perhaps the struggles other people have shared are more relatable or lend themselves better to discussion. This thread isn't just about you (and Cedur), it's about life. It's not always going to be your story that makes someone else feel something and you have to accept that.

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:11 am
by Eri7
I get it waddle, it's fine if people don't want to discuss stuff in my personal life, not that it matters, what matters most is to help others (like the people who shared their stories here), i am sorry if i was annoying.

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:24 am
by Fuyu
I have an uncle addicted to nicotine, with severe fine motor problems and due to stress and a lot of mental problems that I will not list here, drugged up to his ass. Seeing him the way he is right now is very painful for me, especially because whatever he is experiencing right now I am sure is way more painful. If you were to see him now you would see a not-quite but almost hunchback man with legs and limbs thin as that of a table, always speaks with this kind of phlegm on his throat, whenever he actually speaks anyway, attention difficulties and struggles to stay awake due to the drugs he takes.

His situation wasn't always this bad, he was taking medications long before too, but I think it got worse after his job incident. He was working as a pedicurist until due to his fine motor struggles ended up almost cutting a man's toe. He was sent to trial and thanks to his medical record he got out scratch free, but he was denied the right to get a job.

He now spends most of his time living with my grandmother, who is tired of looking after him resulting in a very toxic relationship between the two. Whenever I see him I see a man wanting to end it all and I can't look at him like that anymore.

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:09 pm
by perhaps
im just a dude in high school living with his dad and nobody else. gotten shitty grades for the past year. been a straight-a student for a while but i kinda fell down the stairs since cruising through school on natural talent + having no real interests or anything besides video games was a terrible combination waiting to happen. but now i have real interests and goals, opinions and theres a lot i want to do. ive gotten way more confident, happy, willing to do stuff and while im still behind in math (STAR testing score dropped by like 150 points since when i last did it), im becoming me now, so that's neato. atm ive got catch up work to do but now i have tons of cool projects i want to do. ive been super interested in countries, languages, a bit in sciences, weightlifting, and cooking. i screwed up a bit and my dad really hasnt been happy about it but i learned a lot about myself and what i do and why and all that. ive thought about this game a good bit since i left for a while from my fond memories of it, and while my last level was in 2015 i have had many levels ive started but never got around to. i decided to join maglx to close the book on this and put everything ive got into 1 level. i forgot how much i fell in love with this game when i downloaded the most recent version and i got to try all the new stuff. there's a lot of somber stuff going on in this thread but i dont have much from that because ever since my mom moved away (divorce as usual) i dont interact with my family much at all. my mom calls on many occasions and wants to talk to me but all i see is the poor decisions she continues to make and the sinful acts she's done (long story short my parents divorced, split custody, i spent more time with my dad (because muh video games) and my sister spent more time with my mom. my sister would get taken out of school often to watch the kids, she'd be guilt tripped, my mom never tried to help her anxiety and depression etc.) my friend almost killed himself accidentally recently but his body was so well built the like 30 pills he took didnt do much when he shouldve died. im a bit fucked up and i dont feel real attachment for anyone so these events dont hit me hard but i dont need to worry about manipulation i guess. my future is bright though.

edit: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=12392 this contest was my most recent level, when i went by epicmariobro (what a name lul)

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:19 am
by Scroll
Waddle wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:32 am
Eri7 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:17 am
Guys, why am i like the only one(+cedur) who is getting ignored?

I guess my backstory isn't hardcore enough...
Don't do this, it's immensely insensitive. I'm not saying this as an admin but as a user; of course what's going on in your life matters as well, but that doesn't mean that it must be discussed right now. Perhaps the struggles other people have shared are more relatable or lend themselves better to discussion. This thread isn't just about you (and Cedur), it's about life. It's not always going to be your story that makes someone else feel something and you have to accept that.
Hey Waddle you took it too personal for some reason...

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:33 am
by Cedur
VanillaDude wrote:Hey Waddle you took it too personal for some reason...

except he's right. My post was also casual in nature.

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:10 am
by MegaDood
This reminds me of the "What's happening in your country" topic. All the comments are negative and depressing. But, I guess that's how the world is. God bless all of you, and I hope everyone manages with their personal struggles.

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:32 am
by Eri7
MegaDood wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:10 am
This reminds me of the "What's happening in your country" topic. All the comments are negative and depressing. But, I guess that's how the world is. God bless all of you, and I hope everyone manages with their personal struggles.
People can always share good stories but they choose to share the bad ones instead because they are easier to notice than good ones imo.

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:41 am
by Scroll
MegaDood wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:10 am
This reminds me of the "What's happening in your country" topic. All the comments are negative and depressing. But, I guess that's how the world is. God bless all of you, and I hope everyone manages with their personal struggles.
I agree with Eri but well, thanks for these words dude

Re: What's happening in your own life?

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:16 pm
by RudeGuy
MegaDood wrote: This reminds me of the "What's happening in your country" topic. All the comments are negative and depressing. But, I guess that's how the world is. God bless all of you, and I hope everyone manages with their personal struggles.
I think it's because people tend to notice the bad things more than the good things in their life. That's my opinion, anyway.

As for me, not much. I'm just focusing on getting my driver's license, as well starting to prepare for the high school exam in june.