Nickelodeon vs Cartoon Network

Off-topic discussion.
timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: i dont even know anymore. . . .
Chat Username: same as my username

Nickelodeon vs Cartoon Network

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:00 pm

Cartoon Network & Nickelodeon has always been bitter enemies. They have always been competing to be the best kids' channel to exist. Of Courese the Disney Channel was a third party competitor, but i'm not gonna talk about it.

First let's start with where they're at right now.
Cartoon Network
Well, right now, the schedule consists of mostly Teen Titans GO!, Gumball, Ben 10, Clarance, and a few Airings of Adventure Time and Regular Show. However, starting in August, there's gonna be some new shows, Like O.K. K.O. (a show about video game heroes), while at the same time, there's going to be a show about Villians (Villanous {Cartoon Network Latin America}). There's also going to be a show titled Apple & Onion, which is about and apple and and an onion. But right now, CN is dropping in ratings & quality.

Nickelodeon
NIckelodeon's schedule is still mostly Spongebob, but season 10 though, ROCK BOTTOM RETURNS (in the episode "Out of the Picture")! The schedule on weekday consists of a Paw Patrol Maraton (even though it's aring on Nick jr. too) lasting from 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM, and then it's back to spongebob. There also is a 3D Alvin and the Chipmunks cartoon airing at 4 PM on weekdays, and after that, it's the Loud House, and after that, it's time for Nickelodeon's truly shameless, way too many laughtracks sitcoms. And surprisingly, Nickelodeon right now, seems to be doing better than CN lately.

It's some fierce competion, right?

Also, one more thing, Cartoon Network is getting a tv show dedicated to Unikitty and i think that's going to replace teen titans go, becuase the art style is so similar, and so far, the only proof of the cartoon's existence is 3 images from a russian advertisement.
SMBX 2.0 β4 is here!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Spoiler: show
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Sticker Star is alright
Chat Username: What do you think?

Re: Nickelodeon vs Cartoon Network

Postby DJFMHD » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:10 pm

Wow you don't add a poll on this one but you do the other ones.
Cartoon Network.
I cringe at almost anything on Nick.
hey

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:12 am

Neither! The only time I watch Cartoon Network is on [Adult Swim]!

timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:02 am

DJFMHD wrote:Wow you don't add a poll on this one but you do the other ones.
Cartoon Network.
You may be cringing becuase you are looking at Nickelodoen's shameless sitcoms.
ImageImage

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby DJFMHD » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:16 am

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Cartoon Network.
Nah it's cartoon are pretty cringe worthy I stay stay far away from those sitcoms.
hey

timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:42 am

DJFMHD wrote:
timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Cartoon Network.
Nah it's cartoon are pretty cringe worthy I stay stay far away from those sitcoms.
Well cartoon network is still full of teen titans go.
We all have different tastes in everything, you should get a taste of freeform jazz.
ImageImage

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby DJFMHD » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:47 pm

We all have different tastes in everything.
The first time those words have ever been spoken on the internet.
hey

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:39 pm

While Teen Titans GO! Is little more than just a regular old meh cartoon that sometimes treads into bad category, the reason why it's considered so bad is because of how insulting it is to the original series.

We Bare Bears, Steven Universe, Gumball, Clarence, and Adventure Time all on one channel? Yeah as it stands cartoon Network is heads and shoulders above Nickelodeon in terms of quality. I've always hated Nickelodeon and I guarantee you that opinion will never change. The only quality shows that channel has put out has been Avatar and Invader Zim.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:20 am

Nickelodeon is like Disney
Disney makes cartoons, Nickelodeon too
Disney makes sitcoms, Nickelodeon too
Disney has seperate channels, Nickelodeon too
if Nickelodeon's channel quality is just like Disney's channel quality then it will be like that
so overall, Nickelodeon = Disney

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive GFXs
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:23 am

glitch4 wrote:Nickelodeon is like Disney
if Nickelodeon's channel quality is just like Disney's channel quality then it will be like that
I agreed. I think freaking Disney is putting too much influence to Nickelodeon.

Rhosty
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: waiting on nintendo switch
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Postby Rhosty » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:45 pm

Nick is the shit, literally, I cringe watching most shows on there and usually end up watching Cartoon Network instead.

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby DJFMHD » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:50 am

I don't watch TV much in the first place I'm either looking at YouTube or watching things on demand which usually isn't CN or Nick but when I do I look at CN.
hey

Metamorphizer
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Metamorphizer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:35 am

My experiences with these channels are probably completely different than most of you, because I grew up watching them during the late 90s and 2000s, and really haven't watched either channel much (except for Regular Show) in the last nine years. I'll just post some of my recollections of both channels, if anyone's interested:

NICKELODEON
-Rugrats was THE show on Nick before Spongebob became a phenomenon and so had a ton of merchandise. I had toys, computer games, school supplies, books, and clothes based on Rugrats and still have some stuff in storage somewhere. Nowadays, I'd be surprised if there's any new Rugrats merch to be found, except online (still really limited, though.) Of course, Spongebob became much bigger than Rugrats ever was.
-I remember watching both Fairly Oddparents AND Invader Zim the day they both premiered in 2001, so I'm an original Zim fan and also followed Oddparents until around the time the live-action movie came out. I've heard that they added a dog fairy and a new girl to the main cast, which seems like a baffling move when the show is so old.
-You know what? KaBlam was a kickass show. Nickelodeon REALLY needs to sort out whatever licensing issues there might be and release the show on DVD.

CARTOON NETWORK
-I really loved CN back in the day, but it always felt, I don't know, cheaper? than Nick. I think it's because most of their shows seemed to have lower budgets than contemporary Nicktoons or had that budget Hanna-Barbara style (actually, I think HB produced a lot of the shows). CN also relied more on reruns of Tom & Jerry, Loony Tunes, and Hanna-Barbara cartoons, so they probably had less original shows than Nick. CN really began to pick up in the early 2000s, so that look of cheapness applies more to them during the 90s.
-Cartoon Cartoon Fridays was a huge deal for me. It was basically a huge night of cartoons when they'd air new episodes and characters from a different show would host it each time. CN's cartoons also had this epic opening before most episodes and I was disappointed that Foster's Home (which aired when the Cartoon Cartoon concept was scrapped) never had a Cartoon Cartoon sequence.
-I would guess that CN's more obscure shows (Whatver Happened to Robot Jones, Sheep in the Big City, Mike, Lu and Og, etc,) are probably more obscure than older Nicktoons, for whatever reason.
-Something that I forgot until recently and that seems weird in retrospect is that Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy was originally half of a show called Grim & Evil, which split into two shows: Grim Adventures, and Evil Con Carne (which lasted a single season).
-i also remember when Adult Swim was first launched and I did watch some of the shows even though I was way too young for most of them (though Space Ghost Coast to Coast was inexplicably put on Adult Swim, even though it had been on Cartoon Netwrok previously.) One weird thing about Adult Swim, and this may just be my faulty kid perspective at the time, is that it seemed to be somehow tied in with a Codename Kids Next Door episode about a literal adult swim. Granted, it would be really odd to tie advertising for an adult programming block to a kid's show, and there probably was never any such connection, but that episode of Codename: KND aired at the same time Adult Swim was launched and I definitely seem to remember some sort of reference between them. I just looked up the episode, the pilot, and other people noticed this too, so maybe the advertising was intentional.

DJFMHD
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby DJFMHD » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:29 pm

glitch4 wrote:Nickelodeon is like Disney
Yeah but to make them more similar
ImageImage
hey

Return to “Sandbox”