F*** Nintendo

Off-topic discussion.
JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2466
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:43 pm
Contact:

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby JupiHornet » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Like it or not, Nintendo has every right to do what they're doing if they believe it'll threaten their business.
This video does a pretty good job explaining it:
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby arcade999 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:02 pm

I think Nintendo hate creativity of others, because the think they are the bests and no ones can can be better to do mario or pokemon things. :cry:

Its just my ponion so dont get mad if you dont agree.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

User avatar
Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3055
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:40 pm
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby Fuyu » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:30 pm

arcade999 wrote:I think Nintendo hate creativity of others, because the think they are the bests and no ones can can be better to do mario or pokemon things. :cry:
Let me ask you something, do you truly think this is the case? In the end, we will never know for sure, but I don't think they are as egoistic as you think. Then again, it's their right to do whatever they want with their intellectual property, wether we like it or not.
Image

User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby arcade999 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:27 pm

Intuition wrote:
arcade999 wrote:I think Nintendo hate creativity of others, because the think they are the bests and no ones can can be better to do mario or pokemon things. :cry:
Let me ask you something, do you truly think this is the case? In the end, we will never know for sure, but I don't think they are as egoistic as you think. Then again, it's their right to do whatever they want with their intellectual property, wether we like it or not.
Have you seen? :D There is a cute little text right underneath my main texte saying THATS IS ONLY MY OPINION AND TO DONT GET MAD IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH!! :evil: :evil: :evil: (ALSO ITS ITS NOT BECAUSE ITS THE INTELLECTUAL PROPRIETY OF SOMEONE THAT HE CAN PISS OF PEOPLE WITH, LIKE SEGA AUTORISE FAN THINGS, AND IT STILL IT INTELLECTUAL PROPRIETY!)
Image
JupiHornet wrote:Like it or not, Nintendo has every right to do what they're doing if they believe it'll threaten their business.
This video does a pretty good job explaining it:
Its not stealing; its FANGAMING! Its dangerously not the same thing! :ugeek:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

User avatar
Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3055
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:40 pm
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby Fuyu » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:38 pm

I'm willing to guess I'm about to get ninja'd any second now, but calm down. You may be entitled to your opinion, but I'm also entitled to my own. There is no need for capital letters and red font either.
Image

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2466
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:43 pm
Contact:

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:36 pm

arcade999 wrote:
JupiHornet wrote:Like it or not, Nintendo has every right to do what they're doing if they believe it'll threaten their business.
This video does a pretty good job explaining it:
Its not stealing; its FANGAMING! Its dangerously not the same thing! :ugeek:
To make a fangame, you're taking artwork and characters made by other people and making a game out of them. So yes, you are technically stealing
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2465
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: super mario timeline
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby Rhosty » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:48 pm

JupiHornet wrote:
arcade999 wrote:
JupiHornet wrote:Like it or not, Nintendo has every right to do what they're doing if they believe it'll threaten their business.
This video does a pretty good job explaining it:
Its not stealing; its FANGAMING! Its dangerously not the same thing! :ugeek:
To make a fangame, you're taking artwork and characters made by other people and making a game out of them. So yes, you are technically stealing
Are you still gonna call it stealing when fangames give proper credit? ex: All characters are property of Nintendo
ex: All sprites are property of their original owners
ex: Original score by Koji Kondo

Image

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account
I have selective mutism and quite possibly Asperger's

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:52 pm

arcade999 wrote:
Although you have an opinion, you don't have to scream it at the top of your lungs. It's also Nintendo's stuff so what they say goes; they have veto power here. Whether you like it or not they'll do what they please and whatever opinion they have here is what goes. And I don't think that they hate the creativity of others. If so, why make Super Mario Maker? And really though, who cares about Nintendo's opinion. People still go on making ROM hacks of Pokémon and Mario that are pretty damn fun so even if Nintendo doesn't like or endorse it, who cares?

Also in response to practicalshorty014, if you steal something, who cares if you gave credit if you didn't have permission to take it in the first place

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2466
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:43 pm
Contact:

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:07 pm

practicalshorty014 wrote:
JupiHornet wrote:
arcade999 wrote: Its not stealing; its FANGAMING! Its dangerously not the same thing! :ugeek:
To make a fangame, you're taking artwork and characters made by other people and making a game out of them. So yes, you are technically stealing
Are you still gonna call it stealing when fangames give proper credit? ex: All characters are property of Nintendo
ex: All sprites are property of their original owners
ex: Original score by Koji Kondo
If you take someone's term paper and hand it in, but you say "oh by the way this paper was made by my classmate," you'll still fail.
Here's another good video that discusses this:
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

User avatar
onpon4
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 7:31 am

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby onpon4 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:12 pm

Copyright infringement is not technically stealing. It's technically competition which is not allowed. Copyright, legally speaking, is a legally enforced monopoly on a particular market (the market of copies of a particular work).

Terms like "stealing" and "piracy" to refer to copyright infringement and other unaothorized copying are propaganda terms made up by those who benefited from copyright shortly after it was introduced about 500 years ago. No one in their right mind would have ever used these terms to refer to copying a work before then, otherwise many people would have been "stealing" the Bible by copying and translating it so that its message could be spread.
If you take someone's term paper and hand it in, but you say "oh by the way this paper was made by my classmate," you'll still fail.
That's because the class assignment is designed to evaluate what you are capable of. That has nothing to do with whether or not unauthorized copying is "stealing".

User avatar
onpon4
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 7:31 am

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby onpon4 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:20 pm

Here's another good video that discusses this:
That guy says no one understands fair use, but he clearly also doesn't. He completely ignores what is historically the most important factor to determining fair use, transformativeness, and implies that there are a set number of activities that are fair use, which is false (it's something for courts to interpret). He claims, for example, that a gameplay video with no commentary can't be fair use because it has no commentary, but this couldn't be further from the truth. Because it is a recording intended to show how the game is beaten, it is by its nature completely transformative, serving an entirely different purpose from the game being played.

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2465
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Flair: squid kid
Current Project: super mario timeline
Chat Username: Koopastea #8422

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby Rhosty » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:22 pm

onpon4 wrote:Copyright infringement is not technically stealing. It's technically competition which is not allowed. Copyright, legally speaking, is a legally enforced monopoly on a particular market (the market of copies of a particular work).

Terms like "stealing" and "piracy" to refer to copyright infringement and other unaothorized copying are propaganda terms made up by those who benefited from copyright shortly after it was introduced about 500 years ago. No one in their right mind would have ever used these terms to refer to copying a work before then, otherwise many people would have been "stealing" the Bible by copying and translating it so that its message could be spread.
If you take someone's term paper and hand it in, but you say "oh by the way this paper was made by my classmate," you'll still fail.
That's because the class assignment is designed to evaluate what you are capable of. That has nothing to do with whether or not unauthorized copying is "stealing".
Thanks for the clarification. From both of you.

Image

ok then
Reddit
My Kongregate account
cringey roblox account
I have selective mutism and quite possibly Asperger's

User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby arcade999 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:13 pm

JupiHornet wrote:
arcade999 wrote:
JupiHornet wrote:Like it or not, Nintendo has every right to do what they're doing if they believe it'll threaten their business.
This video does a pretty good job explaining it:
Its not stealing; its FANGAMING! Its dangerously not the same thing! :ugeek:
To make a fangame, you're taking artwork and characters made by other people and making a game out of them. So yes, you are technically stealing
You dont nées to agree about what i Think, but i understand waht you mean, but they use the artworks to make an original game about a franchise they like , mots of the time for there lové of rétro gammes or just to be fun, not to make money.
Also i dont think they steal because most of the time they credits nintendo and warn players that its mot official. :ugeek:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

User avatar
Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3055
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:40 pm
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby Fuyu » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:03 pm

I can definitely agree with you. I think neither Milton Guasti, creator of AM2R, or the team behind the creation of Pokemon Uranium intended to create said games for any other purpose but to create their own original games according to what they believe would make Pokemon/Metroid games better. But here's the thing, keyword is "original", it's not original if the world and/or characters belong to someone else or an entity such as Nintendo. You may find what those people did fine, and personally, so I do, but in the end, it was rightfully taken down on copyright infringement regardless of the opinion of its fanbase.
Image

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2466
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:43 pm
Contact:

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby JupiHornet » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:13 pm

arcade999 wrote:
JupiHornet wrote:
arcade999 wrote: Its not stealing; its FANGAMING! Its dangerously not the same thing! :ugeek:
To make a fangame, you're taking artwork and characters made by other people and making a game out of them. So yes, you are technically stealing
You dont nées to agree about what i Think, but i understand waht you mean, but they use the artworks to make an original game about a franchise they like , mots of the time for there lové of rétro gammes or just to be fun, not to make money.
Also i dont think they steal because most of the time they credits nintendo and warn players that its mot official. :ugeek:
Like I said, it doesn't matter if you gave credit. It's still copyright infringement
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby arcade999 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:20 pm

JupiHornet wrote:
arcade999 wrote:
JupiHornet wrote: To make a fangame, you're taking artwork and characters made by other people and making a game out of them. So yes, you are technically stealing
You dont nées to agree about what i Think, but i understand waht you mean, but they use the artworks to make an original game about a franchise they like , mots of the time for there lové of rétro gammes or just to be fun, not to make money.
Also i dont think they steal because most of the time they credits nintendo and warn players that its mot official. :ugeek:
Like I said, it doesn't matter if you gave credit. It's still copyright infringement
You can think waht you want; its your opnion and its okay. :geek:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

User avatar
underFlo
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4481
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo
Contact:

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby underFlo » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:37 pm

arcade999 wrote:
JupiHornet wrote:
arcade999 wrote: You dont nées to agree about what i Think, but i understand waht you mean, but they use the artworks to make an original game about a franchise they like , mots of the time for there lové of rétro gammes or just to be fun, not to make money.
Also i dont think they steal because most of the time they credits nintendo and warn players that its mot official. :ugeek:
Like I said, it doesn't matter if you gave credit. It's still copyright infringement
You can think waht you want; its your opnion and its okay. :geek:
actually that's the law so???? not really an opinion
im a girl yo

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2466
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:43 pm
Contact:

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby JupiHornet » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:34 pm

arcade999 wrote:
JupiHornet wrote:
arcade999 wrote: You dont nées to agree about what i Think, but i understand waht you mean, but they use the artworks to make an original game about a franchise they like , mots of the time for there lové of rétro gammes or just to be fun, not to make money.
Also i dont think they steal because most of the time they credits nintendo and warn players that its mot official. :ugeek:
Like I said, it doesn't matter if you gave credit. It's still copyright infringement
You can think waht you want; its your opnion and its okay. :geek:
The law isn't an opinion
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4476
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby Electriking » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:13 pm

arcade999 wrote:
JupiHornet wrote:
arcade999 wrote: You dont nées to agree about what i Think, but i understand waht you mean, but they use the artworks to make an original game about a franchise they like , mots of the time for there lové of rétro gammes or just to be fun, not to make money.
Also i dont think they steal because most of the time they credits nintendo and warn players that its mot official. :ugeek:
Like I said, it doesn't matter if you gave credit. It's still copyright infringement
You can think waht you want; its your opnion and its okay. :geek:
It is a fact, and the law. Also you guys probably need to look at the bigger picture. You only talk about Nintendo taking down fangames, which is definitely OK but I think we can draw a line where it becomes immoral. The problem lies in how Nintendo enforce the copyright laws, and this is also the case with a few other companies. There are actually third parties that actively rip Nintendo's profits but Nintendo don't take down their content. Why? Probably because these companies could take Nintendo to court and sue them. However, if Nintendo takes down a fangame, then they won't have to worry about anything. So it seems that they are trying to target the weak, rather than the threat.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2700
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:04 am
Current Project: idk lol

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:27 am

If Nintendo takes down every single fangame there is, then tell me how MFGG has managed to survive for over 10 years. It's much more popular than things like PKMN Uranium, and it even got featured on TV once! And if we look back at the things Nintendo have taken down in the past, we can see that they've been taken down for specific reasons. For example, AM2R was taken down because it was a remake of Metroid 2, which might have taken sales away from the game's virtual console release, and PKMN Uranium had some chrowdfunding behind it, so they were technically profiting off of Nintendo's work. So it's completely understandable that Nintendo took down these fangames for those reasons!
Image

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Image


Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], MrDoubleA and 7 guests