Mediafire Accuracy

Off-topic discussion.
Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Mediafire Accuracy

Postby Knux » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:11 pm

According to Mediafire, the SMBX Classics Collection has over 800 downloads. Valtteri Island alone has 530. are there really this many people downloading these episodes? or is the mediafire download count wrong?

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Re: Mediafire Accuracy

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:31 pm

I can't say for certain, but there have been times where I'd upload something to MediaFire and send it exclusively to one person via PM, but the file would end up with 2-3 downloads.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
Spoiler: show
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:24 am

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:I can't say for certain, but there have been times where I'd upload something to MediaFire and send it exclusively to one person via PM, but the file would end up with 2-3 downloads.
It could be people re-downloading it.

ImageImageImage

RPG_Magician
Pokey
Pokey

Postby RPG_Magician » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:07 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Imaynotbehere4long wrote:I can't say for certain, but there have been times where I'd upload something to MediaFire and send it exclusively to one person via PM, but the file would end up with 2-3 downloads.
I doubt. I've checked with my download for the SMBX Haunted Level contest, to the five judges.

The downloads are currently at 12.

Unless it's a coincidence, there's no way that the judges would each download it twice or a third time.

Although having to redownload it again due to file corruption, or missing files may be the case.
Image Image

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:39 am

RPG_Magician wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
I doubt. I've checked with my download for the SMBX Haunted Level contest, to the five judges.

He zips all levels together and sends the package to us.

Unless it's a coincidence, there's no way that the judges would each download it twice or a third time.

Although having to redownload it again due to file corruption, or missing files may be the case.
Prox who judges them always gets file corruptions to my knowledge, but the Thing King is the only one who touches the download you send.

ImageImageImage

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:43 am

RPG_Magician wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:

It could be possible that random people just end up finding the downloads at random (remember that if you create a link, the download is available to the public to an extent, and it is possible that a couple random individuals find the link and decide to download it.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Return to “Sandbox”