For the love of Mario

Off-topic discussion.
Cetus808
Bit
Bit

Re: For the love of Mario

Postby Cetus808 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:38 am

I remember when my dad used to bring me bootleg consoles that would always include Galaga and the original Super Mario Bros. Those were fun for a short while.

When I owned a Wii for a brief period of time (admittedly I had a really hard time getting adjusted to its controls), I was pretty much playing Super Mario Galaxy nonstop, even though my television was old and only showed black and white by that point.

ProngoKingdom
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby ProngoKingdom » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:49 am

Yeah, I actually never really "grew up" with Mario on things like Nintendo consoles. I actually usually played flash games about him because all I really had was a Windows XP. I got introduced to Mario through some weird flash game that looked like NSMB, and I actually forgot what it was called. I also played a lot of Super Mario 63, it was pretty enjoyable back then. The first official Mario game I played was Mario Kart Wii, and it all changed after that. No more flash games.
Avatar by the talented That-Mario-Kid

Since everyone have unrelated Pokemon in their signature, I'll put some in mine too.
ImageImageImage

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:47 pm

My first official Mario Game was NSMBWii I believe (I had played flash games before, though). It was a fun thing to do with my bro on occasions (although he wanted to play it more often than I did). But ja, I knew what the hell a Merio was but I had never had an official Mario game until I got mah Wii in 2007 or 2006.

mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby mariogeek2 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:47 pm

Possibly one of the best things about the Mario series is its music. Games like Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, and Super Mario World are music to my ears.

And don't even get me started on the remixes.
Spoiler: show
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:40 pm

Fun times when I was a kid and played a bunch of mario games in the past on a couple of consoles and such that I have.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:41 am

mariogeek2 wrote:Possibly one of the best things about the Mario series is its music. Games like Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, and Super Mario World are music to my ears.
What about the battle theme against Dark Bowser? That's, like, one of the best compositions the Mario series has ever seen.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:03 am

mariogeek2 wrote:Possibly one of the best things about the Mario series is its music. Games like Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, and Super Mario World are music to my ears.

And don't even get me started on the remixes.
Welp, I couldn't agree more! Those tunes are rockin' awesome!

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby mariogeek2 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:18 am

Linik wrote:
What about the battle theme against Dark Bowser? That's, like, one of the best compositions the Mario series has ever seen.
Eh.... in my honest opinion, it's really good, but it's not the best the series has to offer.
Snessy wrote:Welp, I couldn't agree more! Those tunes are rockin' awesome!
Thanks. I'm glad we have another Mario music aficionado! :D
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:46 pm

Linik wrote:
Same. I loved the story of BIS as a whole. I played PiT when I got it in gamefly, and I got pretty far too, but I personally liked the story of BIS better.

Reverse back 2 me
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Reverse back 2 me » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:32 pm

I played Sonic first, but let me show you a man who broke Super Mario 64 down to the core.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:42 am

This was an interesting thing for the 255 coins behavour in SM64 and how many coins you can have at maximum per course!

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:33 am

Reverse back 2 me wrote:I played Sonic first, but let me show you a man who broke Super Mario 64 down to the core.

Hey dude! An A press is an A press, you can't say it's only half! But before we begin arguing about that, let's talk about parallel universes!

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

DarkWolf658
Pokey
Pokey

Postby DarkWolf658 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 pm

How did i get into Mario games? One answer: Mario Kart Super Circuit. Both the first Mario game and the first video game i have ever played. I still play it every now and then since its also my favorite video game.
Yay! I have had smbx for 2 years! :)
Follow the Blue Link Road
My Mario Kart Drivers License
Friend me on Wiimmfi
Stuff I support:
Quotes and Stuff from the Ancient IRC
* Joey ([email protected]/staff/Joey) has joined
<Joey> uh...
<Joey> okay
* Joey ([email protected]/staff/Joey) has left (bye)

<Flame> 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on meme insurance

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:06 am

DarkWolf658 wrote:Mario Kart Super Circuit. Both the first Mario game and the first video game i have ever played. I still play it every now and then since its also my favorite video game.
That's the only Mario Kart game I never played surprisingly. Samething goes to Mario Kart 7 actually. All the others I played it and they're fun.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:01 pm

Artemis008 wrote:So, how many jobs has our red plumber had?
Carpenter (Donkey Kong)
Cement mixer (Game & Watch Marios Cement factory)
Plumber (Mario Bros)
Space explorer (that one game boy game I forgot the name of)
Time Traveler (Mario's time machine)
Also:

Doctor (Dr. Mario series)
Bottler (Game & Watch Mario Bros.)
Soldier (Mario's Bombs Away)
Construction worker (Wrecking Crew)
Cake maker (Mario Bros. II, a little known knock-off of G&W Mario Bros. released in Europe only)
"Ape Teaser"? (Donkey Kong Circus)
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

Koopsakimoto
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Koopsakimoto » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:30 pm

Super Mario 63. But I played NSMBDS and SM64DS. Those games were the best.
I support
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
One thing you should about me,I constatly Create SMBX episodes.

YoshiEgg12
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby YoshiEgg12 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:52 am

i've never properly played an mario game
im a somebody.
can anybody tell me how to constructive criticism?
Image Image Image Image

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:17 am

koopsakimoto wrote:Super Mario 63
Nice one! Did you also get to know Last Legacy?
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

Super Mario Channel
Bit
Bit

Postby Super Mario Channel » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:24 am

I, personally, play on emulators nowadays. I remember my first ever games being "Super Mario 64", "Mario Kart 64", and "New Super Mario Bros. Wii".

When I was younger, like 4 or 5, I used to ask why my dad was named "Mario" and he told me that he saved the princess from a big turtle dragon. I never understood that until I got a Wii in 2010 with NSMBWii and the "Super Mario Galaxy Official Orchestra" CD Could sell that on eBay... :lol: and played through the game. It took me almost four months to beat and a couple times to finish the final battle because for three times, my mom turned off my electricity because I needed to go somewhere! After the credits, My face was full of tears and there was a World 9 that took me a month to beat. So, I was a master at Mario, obsessed with it, and drew maps on grid paper that I kept and lost. Could have made these in SMBX now
Then some time later in middle school, I met a new friend who was obsessed with Nintendo and Zelda. My cousin offered me Twilight Princess because he had it for years and never played it and I tried it out. The game was so good, that I fell in love with Zelda and wanted to know more about it. This made me realize to not just like Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, but try new things. Now I love those and Metroid, Kirby, Smash Bros, Wii games like Wii Sports, Wii Play, etc., and now in my freshman year of High School, other franchises outside Nintendo!

Oh and speaking of Mario, who loves this idiot, SMG4?
DELETE THIS ACCOUNT PLZ

Koopsakimoto
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Koopsakimoto » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Supershroom wrote:
koopsakimoto wrote:Super Mario 63
Nice one! Did you also get to know Last Legacy?
Nope. I only played SM63 Because it was on another website that I think no longer exists anymore
I support
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
One thing you should about me,I constatly Create SMBX episodes.

Return to “Sandbox”