Find the Balance

Off-topic discussion.
Zenithbreak
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Find the Balance

Postby Zenithbreak » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:55 pm

Supershroom wrote:
ShoulderBreakDown wrote:I'm so confused about how people got this salty over a dumb meme.
Because actually the emphasis lies on dumb? And if the "movement" was supposed to be friendly from the very beginning then the people involved did a very poor job on that. Whenever people are asking about what the joke is about, and when they actually express annoyance, you should answer them in a neutral manner instead of forcing the joke on their throats and thus making them more confused and nauseated. You should have been pretty much aware that not everyone would react positively towards it. I've already said a couple of times on Discord that there are way better ways of pulling this off without actually teasing and mindlessly provoking people and without disturbing the overall enjoyment of the community for a couple of people. MosaicMario was/is giving legitimate critique. I have no particular mindset about "what is canonical for Mario" and "what is Mario truly about" but I definitely saw some severe misconduct from the ones who were organizing the joke and pushing it out of apropriate scope. I have nothing against posting levels with BTB design since I've heard that this "clutter" will probably be resolved anyway alongside the planned overall reconstructuring of the portal, but the thread in Sandbox does nothing but ciclejerking of nonsense spiel and getting unknowing people put their foot into it; you guys are like a siren that responds its "victims" with ridiculous hypocrisy. It's been enough.

If you're a mariohead and read this, please give a proper reply and not a reply in the lines of the meme.
I agree with most of what Mosaic said but I think he should have calmly stated his opinion instead of raging about it.
Spoiler: show

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:56 pm

ShoulderBreakDown wrote:
Supershroom wrote:
ShoulderBreakDown wrote:I'm so confused about how people got this salty over a dumb meme.
Because actually the emphasis lies on dumb? And if the "movement" was supposed to be friendly from the very beginning then the people involved did a very poor job on that. Whenever people are asking about what the joke is about, and when they actually express annoyance, you should answer them in a neutral manner instead of forcing the joke on their throats and thus making them more confused and nauseated. You should have been pretty much aware that not everyone would react positively towards it. I've already said a couple of times on Discord that there are way better ways of pulling this off without actually teasing and mindlessly provoking people and without disturbing the overall enjoyment of the community for a couple of people. MosaicMario was/is giving legitimate critique. I have no particular mindset about "what is canonical for Mario" and "what is Mario truly about" but I definitely saw some severe misconduct from the ones who were organizing the joke and pushing it out of apropriate scope. I have nothing against posting levels with BTB design since I've heard that this "clutter" will probably be resolved anyway alongside the planned overall reconstructuring of the portal, but the thread in Sandbox does nothing but ciclejerking of nonsense spiel and getting unknowing people put their foot into it; you guys are like a siren that responds its "victims" with ridiculous hypocrisy. It's been enough.

If you're a mariohead and read this, please give a proper reply and not a reply in the lines of the meme.
I agree with most of what Mosaic said but I think he should have calmly stated his opinion instead of raging about it.
How could i have calmly stated my opinion on the matter about people who are acting like your the equivalent of a terrorist for trying to be innovative?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:03 pm

MosaicMario wrote:How could i have calmly stated my opinion on the matter about people who are acting like your the equivalent of a terrorist for trying to be innovative?

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:26 pm

I haven't seen anyone of them bombing a city yet.

Calm down geeze no one here is a terrorist? Take a joke!

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:09 pm

Okay guys, I don't mean to come off like a party pooper although I still think the BTB thread should be locked, but nonetheless I'd ask you at least to stop giving destructive replies to the ones making complaints in the thread. Not replying them at all is still better than replying them ignorantly and destructively, and if they happen to flame you can still report (*coughcough* staff supporting the joke *cough*). Am I making sense here or is that really too much to ask for?

For the record I still don't bother with replying in the thread, but I still have all rights to ask for no further harm being done.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:12 pm

Supershroom wrote:Okay guys, I don't mean to come off like a party pooper although I still think the BTB thread should be locked, but nonetheless I'd ask you at least to stop giving destructive replies to the ones making complaints in the thread. Not replying them at all is still better than replying them ignorantly and destructively, and if they happen to flame you can still report (*coughcough* staff supporting the joke *cough*). Am I making sense here or is that really too much to ask for?

For the record I still don't bother with replying in the thread, but I still have all rights to ask for no further harm being done.
We are not destructive. We are antidestructive, which could qualify as proconstructive.

Mivixion
Grinder
Grinder
Chat Username: m1v1x10n

Postby Mivixion » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:21 pm

Anyone who's taking any aspect of backtobasics seriously is doing it wrong.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:09 pm

Return to “Sandbox”