PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Find the Balance

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:30 pm

As divisions come between the members of these forums, we must strive for balance and equality between factions. We must seek out the truth of the matter: most Mario games are great in their own ways, but we shouldn't discriminate against the many other games out there that have great things we can use and learn to accept as also being good. And now for some inspirational words of wisdom:

"Let us not wallow in the valley of stubbornness, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the SMBX 2.0 dream.

I have a dream that one day these forums will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all elements of games are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of the Graphics forum that the former backtobasics retributionists and the former destroythebasics contemplators will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood and enjoy a share of canon-based and original-made graphics in a peaceful manner

I have a dream that one day even the Levels forum, a forum sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice where all levels are treated equally.

I have a dream that we all will one day post on a forum where we will not be judged by the basis of their levels but by the content of their design choices.

I have a dream today!"

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: Find the Balance

Postby MistakesWereMade » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:37 pm

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:46 pm

Obama's America, everyone.

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:50 pm

OK so we have a for thread, an against thread, and a thread promoting equality and dialogue. This is all great, but let's end the btb-related threads here, OK? Any further threads that are created related to btb will be locked on sight. Thanks for understanding.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016

Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: :)
Chat Username: SetaYoshi

Postby Yoshi021 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:54 pm

PixelPest wrote: I have a dream that we all will one day post on a forum where we will not be judged by the basis of their levels but by the content of their design choices.
But you are still against 1.4.
"Going to University is FUN!"
DOWNLOAD THE SMBX LEVEL PLAYER
CHECK OUT MY NPC PACK

Join the SMBX Episode Project Discord Server

Join the SMBX 38A Discord!

Join the CodeHaus Discord!

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:54 pm

Perhaps it is best for there to be a balance. Perhaps it is better without hatred, with love.

But perhaps not.
Jesus is my savior.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:57 pm

so I like the idea of backtobasics but we don't need 3 threads just copying that joke until it gets super old
im a girl yo

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:35 pm

These are small spinoffs of the larger movement which is contained in the popular backtobasics thread, it will be fine. Pseudo is right too, any more would be too divisive and that really aligned with the guidelines.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: All has a reason behind it, even if it's tough.
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:48 pm

I'm really getting tired of this "Joke" and people calling people that want to be innovate or creative or original, "fakers" and saying that we're not afraid to lie, cheat, decive, and i bet eventually they're going to start calling us innovative people, people that would murder to get whatever they want. And the fact that the staff is approving
of this stupidty is something that is really irritating to me. It's only a matter of time before someone is seriously insulted by us acting like this. Saying shit like "They're going to try to corrupt everyone with lunalua when we're just trying to be innovative, and saying crap like "Don't let them corrupt your childhood memories is fucking ridiculous.

But then again, i assume they're going to keep going and never stop until someone ends up getting banned for keeping up this ridiculous shit. It's fucking stupid as i said before that they're calling us stuff like: FAKER, Liar, Cheater, Tyrant, Dictator, Just for trying to be innovative. It pisses me off so much that this "joke" hasn't ended or died down or anything yet. Just because you care about your "classic mario" stuff and anyone that doesn't completely follow the canon is "corrupt", or "a Tyrant", or of course "A FAKER".

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

Cancelled...but not forgotten...

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:52 pm

calm down man
im a girl yo

Aero
Palom
Palom

Postby Aero » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:58 pm

Today is the end of the Fakers.

Last edited by Aero on Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?

Postby Mosaic » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:59 pm

Spinda wrote:calm down man
how am supposed to calm down, when people are being called things, like "tyrant", or "faker" just for trying to be innovate?
AeroMatter wrote:Today is the end of the Fakers.

Really?!

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord Server, where I update on my streams, writing, and anything else I may be up to.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps
Current Project: A quirky lil episode
Chat Username: Augustus

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:03 pm

Mosaic, you're taking this way too seriously.

Also, nice job using an actual equality speech on a fucking Mario forum. Your joke is more pathetic than my love life.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

Zenithbreak
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Zenithbreak » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:05 pm

I'm so confused about how people got this salty over a dumb meme.
Spoiler: show

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Mosaic » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:06 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:Mosaic, you're taking this way too seriously..
I understand that your all just joking, but it just feels annoying that people are being called unkind words for not being exactly the same.
Isn't BTB supposed to be a KIND group?

And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels

Zenithbreak
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Zenithbreak » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:20 pm

MosaicMario wrote:
TNTtimelord wrote:Mosaic, you're taking this way too seriously..
I understand that your all just joking, but it just feels annoying that people are being called unkind words for not being exactly the same.
Isn't BTB supposed to be a KIND group?
I get that it's annoying but there's no need to be so angry about it.
Spoiler: show

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: local guy
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:40 pm

The people that are unkind to others aren't real supporters of btb. The btb movement only wants eachother to be friend.
im bored

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:17 pm

no

Cedur
Toad
Toad

Postby Cedur » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:45 pm

ShoulderBreakDown wrote:I'm so confused about how people got this salty over a dumb meme.
Because actually the emphasis lies on dumb? And if the "movement" was supposed to be friendly from the very beginning then the people involved did a very poor job on that. Whenever people are asking about what the joke is about, and when they actually express annoyance, you should answer them in a neutral manner instead of forcing the joke on their throats and thus making them more confused and nauseated. You should have been pretty much aware that not everyone would react positively towards it. I've already said a couple of times on Discord that there are way better ways of pulling this off without actually teasing and mindlessly provoking people and without disturbing the overall enjoyment of the community for a couple of people. MosaicMario was/is giving legitimate critique. I have no particular mindset about "what is canonical for Mario" and "what is Mario truly about" but I definitely saw some severe misconduct from the ones who were organizing the joke and pushing it out of apropriate scope. I have nothing against posting levels with BTB design since I've heard that this "clutter" will probably be resolved anyway alongside the planned overall reconstructuring of the portal, but the thread in Sandbox does nothing but ciclejerking of nonsense spiel and getting unknowing people put their foot into it; you guys are like a siren that responds its "victims" with ridiculous hypocrisy. It's been enough.

If you're a mariohead and read this, please give a proper reply and not a reply in the lines of the meme.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:09 pm

Supershroom wrote:
ShoulderBreakDown wrote:I'm so confused about how people got this salty over a dumb meme.
Because actually the emphasis lies on dumb? And if the "movement" was supposed to be friendly from the very beginning then the people involved did a very poor job on that. Whenever people are asking about what the joke is about, and when they actually express annoyance, you should answer them in a neutral manner instead of forcing the joke on their throats and thus making them more confused and nauseated. You should have been pretty much aware that not everyone would react positively towards it. I've already said a couple of times on Discord that there are way better ways of pulling this off without actually teasing and mindlessly provoking people and without disturbing the overall enjoyment of the community for a couple of people. MosaicMario was/is giving legitimate critique. I have no particular mindset about "what is canonical for Mario" and "what is Mario truly about" but I definitely saw some severe misconduct from the ones who were organizing the joke and pushing it out of apropriate scope. I have nothing against posting levels with BTB design since I've heard that this "clutter" will probably be resolved anyway alongside the planned overall reconstructuring of the portal, but the thread in Sandbox does nothing but ciclejerking of nonsense spiel and getting unknowing people put their foot into it; you guys are like a siren that responds its "victims" with ridiculous hypocrisy. It's been enough.

If you're a mariohead and read this, please give a proper reply and not a reply in the lines of the meme.
calm down dude

Return to “Sandbox”