backtobasics

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
User avatar
Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 656
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:06 pm
Flair: :)
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: backtobasics

Postby Yoshi021 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:49 pm

Nien wrote: Did you know that there's no enemies in a bunch of levels, such as World 7's first castle?
There is a Boom-Boom in that level.

User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4293
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: backtobasics

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:49 pm

PaperPlayerX wrote:
Joey wrote:Please stop calling things you don't like "cancer".
Please stop pointing out minute details of a person's post when a bigger issue is afoot.
No, you need to stop using "cancer" to describe something you don't like. You're not the first to do this, but that doesn't make it right. It's very immature and completely unnecessary.

If you don't like this thread, feel free to not read it or post in it. Everyone here is just joking around, save for the people who don't understand that it's a joke and are either making serious replies or getting upset. If you see the joke spill over into other threads where it doesn't belong, let a staff member know.

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: backtobasics

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:51 pm

Yoshi021 wrote:
Nien wrote: Did you know that there's no enemies in a bunch of levels, such as World 7's first castle?
There is a Boom-Boom in that level.
Most fortresses (except world 5's but that one was different) are forced to have a boom boom at the end, they had to stick to that etiquette. But placing enemies was optional, and they chose not to.

User avatar
CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Posts: 455
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:28 am
Flair: heck

Re: backtobasics

Postby CynicHost » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:53 pm

Willhart wrote:
Nien wrote:This movement's purpose is to open people's eyes and go towards simpler, yet innovative level design. I don't see the harm in that.
Your guidelines don't really reflect that much do they? I guess we have different ideas what innovative and simpler means.
lol I can't believe you're actually taking this seriously

Please tho, stop hating on a movement just because you don't agree with our beliefs. You are allowed to have an opinion after all. We are just simply a calm group of people who respect John Nintendo and encourage people to go back to simpler times.

Seriously, why are we arguing? You're missing the point of what Mario is all about, and what Mr. Nintendo intended it to be...

User avatar
Willhart
Banned
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:18 am

Re: backtobasics

Postby Willhart » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:55 pm

BTB wrote:You clearly haven't actually read our guidelines or played any of our levels. Please do so before attacking our movement for no reason.

I've been noticing a trend, Marioheads keep civil and calm in discussion while fakers resort to calling us "retarted" or "cancer". That really isn't what Mario is about.
Restricting people to limited tools and games to conform the long list of rules and guidelines is not particularly "Mario" to me. I've seen stuff like having to fix the levels later to fit into those rules too. That kills innovation pretty hard, and makes all the levels look the samey, especially with no custom music. Also since when calling many people fakers, and Redigit not being in his right mind super polite either? I'm mostly just curious.

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: backtobasics

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:57 pm

Willhart wrote:
BTB wrote:You clearly haven't actually read our guidelines or played any of our levels. Please do so before attacking our movement for no reason.

I've been noticing a trend, Marioheads keep civil and calm in discussion while fakers resort to calling us "retarted" or "cancer". That really isn't what Mario is about.
Restricting people to limited tools and games to conform the long list of rules and guidelines is not particularly "Mario" to me. I've seen stuff like having to fix the levels later to fit into those rules too. That kills innovation pretty hard, and makes all the levels look the samey, especially with no custom music. Also since when calling many people fakers, and Redigit not being in his right mind super polite either? I'm mostly just curious.
People are allowed to use custom graphics to mimic the atmosphere of a level, although it is discouraged to do so. And I don't see how music can have a huge impact on the level's creativity.

We also do not utilize fakers as a direct insult, it is just a term to refer to people who go against what mario is really about.

User avatar
BTB
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:24 am

Re: backtobasics

Postby BTB » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:59 pm

It's really sad Marioheads constantly have to defend our movement from hordes of fakers who threaten us with verbal harassment and violence. We aren't some joke, there is real merit to our cause. We want to bring this community back to it's roots. Taking days to find the perfect custom graphics and making a boring 20 minute long level only to have four people play it isn't fun. Sitting down and making a nice basic following a good, well thought out set of guidelines level not only is easier, but actually fun to do. It's just a good time to make lore friendly Mario levels, and a lot of people have forgotten this. They've taken this great game and made it into something it's not, and I think they know this and know how much they're wrong, but are scared to admit the truth. So they attack us. They try to shut us down. But we can't be stopped, just like Bowser can never stop Mario.
Image

User avatar
Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: backtobasics

Postby Superiorstar » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:09 pm

BTB wrote: Bowser can never stop Mario.
Bowser isn't cannon, however King Koopa is.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Spoiler: show
Image

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?
Image

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: backtobasics

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:10 pm

Superiorstar wrote:
BTB wrote: Bowser can never stop Mario.
Bowser isn't cannon, however King Koopa is.
Canon* And it is just a nickname for him, such as how Andrew Spikes is redigit's nickname

User avatar
Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: backtobasics

Postby Superiorstar » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:13 pm

Nien wrote:
Superiorstar wrote:
BTB wrote: Bowser can never stop Mario.
Bowser isn't cannon, however King Koopa is.
Canon* And it is just a nickname for him, such as how Andrew Spikes is redigit's nickname
My mistake. I'm sorry to supply you with misinformation.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Spoiler: show
Image

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?
Image

Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4724
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Pronouns: she/her they/them

Re: backtobasics

Postby Aero » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:41 pm

BTB wrote:I've been noticing a trend, Marioheads keep civil and calm in discussion while fakers resort to calling us "retarted" or "cancer". That really isn't what Mario is about.
It's not the Brooklyn way.

User avatar
Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Posts: 1578
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:59 am
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Re: backtobasics

Postby Waddle » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:59 pm

I just checked my watch
and it's time to stop
Image

User avatar
Kyo Saito
Tweeter
Tweeter
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:58 pm

Re: backtobasics

Postby Kyo Saito » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:16 pm

This is an extremely good movement you are all focusing on, and I hope you the best in your quest to restore Mario to Super Mario Bros. X. I would indeed participate and help out if I could, but sadly my peers do not understand the importance that Mario has on the every day lives of people in this world.

User avatar
Paper
Phanto
Phanto
Posts: 1539
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Re: backtobasics

Postby Paper » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:37 pm

Joey wrote:If you don't like this thread, feel free to not read it or post in it. Everyone here is just joking around, save for the people who don't understand that it's a joke and are either making serious replies or getting upset. If you see the joke spill over into other threads where it doesn't belong, let a staff member know.
The levels forum:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16034
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16072
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16067
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16065
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16041
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16047
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16048
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16044

Also the discord (not bossedit's, the other one).
And according to some kind people on boss's discord, the signatures are out of hand and this joke is in fact invading other threads.
Last edited by Paper on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam:
Spoiler: show
Image
YouTube Channel: Twitch Channel:

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Posts: 1646
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: backtobasics

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:38 pm

PaperPlayerX wrote:
Joey wrote:If you don't like this thread, feel free to not read it or post in it. Everyone here is just joking around, save for the people who don't understand that it's a joke and are either making serious replies or getting upset. If you see the joke spill over into other threads where it doesn't belong, let a staff member know.
The levels forum:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16034
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16072
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16067
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16065
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16041
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16047
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16048
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 32&t=16044

Also the discord (not bossedit's, the other one).
Those leveles are legitimate. I actually put effort into mine, and i played like two of the others and they were pretty fun.

User avatar
Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Posts: 5553
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am
Pronouns: She/her

Re: backtobasics

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:39 pm

Making levels that follow the btb standards is an exception, I'd say, since they are actual levels being posted there. They aren't shitposts in the sense that other btb content outside this thread has been, and as Nien said they are real levels with effort put into them.
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016


User avatar
super mario galaxy
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:04 pm

Re: backtobasics

Postby super mario galaxy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:42 pm

what is this topic
super mario GALAXEEEEEE

User avatar
Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Posts: 5553
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am
Pronouns: She/her

Re: backtobasics

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:43 pm

It's all about bringing Mario back to his roots!
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016


User avatar
super mario galaxy
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:04 pm

Re: backtobasics

Postby super mario galaxy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:43 pm

i do not understand?
super mario GALAXEEEEEE

User avatar
Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Posts: 5553
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am
Pronouns: She/her

Re: backtobasics

Postby Pseudo » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:45 pm

Read the second post in the thread. It should explain everything!
its ya girl pseudo and im back on a provisional basis

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account, 2016



Return to “Archives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest